1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ VI Funny/Strange Screenshots

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Carazycool, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Onii-chan

Onii-chan King

Interesting looking peninsula..

Think that's part of Concise UI

2. Jeppetto

Jeppetto Prince

Yo, I never was good at geography but I don't think Venice is located in Asia Minor

Not so True Start Location Europe.

WillowBrook, Kjimmet, Zaarin and 3 others like this.
  3. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

It's just that Venice replaced Antioch.

You could see Mexico City on Lake Ontario (because Mexico City replaced Toronto upon the release of Gathering Storm) for example.

4. Jeppetto

Jeppetto Prince

So it was occuring before? That's the funny thing, I could not see that because Toronto and Seul completely disappeared from my TSL Earth, causing the number of City-States set at Game Set-up to be incorrect. So this was curious to me, that they somehow forgot to do that here so that Antioch would completely disappear when they've done it before.

So the Tech Shuffle really wanted me to have wide array of choices and I appriciate that

Spoiler :

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  5. Aurelesk

Aurelesk Prince

Spoiler In the incoming war with the German, the Gallic spare no expense into creating this "Majestic Amazing Great Incredible Not Only Terrific" line of defense. We can only hope nothing goes wrong. :

In brief: You shall not pass!

6. Linklite

Linklite Prince

Hope there's not a forest nearby..

7. tedhebert

tedhebert Emperor

Awesome ;-)

Until mountain tunnels at the very least ;-)

8. Knightfall

Knightfall Warlord

Now I'm starting to understand why some people are saying that Oppidum is OP.

9. Boris Gudenuf

Boris Gudenuf Deity

Or as Peter would say: Ни шагу назад!

Or to quote a Certain German: "He who tries to defend everything ends by defending nothing."

- And the Fifth Column German Missionaries are already behind The Line . . .

10. Koljar

Koljar Chieftain

Uuuh... Ever heard of the Maginot Line? :D

11. CoconutTank

CoconutTank Unapologetic Warmonger Supporter

I'm trying to figure out which districts belong to which cities here. I see that you have 7 defensible districts, and I can account for the 2 on the right and the 2 the middle. But just from this screenshot, it looks like Bibrax has 3 defensible districts!

Knightfall likes this.
  12. Aurelesk

Aurelesk Prince

I might. But I rather want to call it the "Majestic Amazing Great Incredible Not Only Terrific" line of defense!

Yeah, there is an extra city on an island down there. Too bad there is a Geothermal Fissure, I would not need that extra city to fully close the border! You can see that Oppidum does not have the same Combat Strength, because the city is 3 districts behind (each non-pillaged district give +3 CS to the city).

Knightfall, borad, Jeppetto and 6 others like this.
  13. JJOne

JJOne Prince

I would park catapults in Hamburg, Frankfurt and encampment, and level all three of them on your oppidums... Or pillage you with some swimming knights from the other side.

Knightfall likes this.
  14. Alexadamz

Alexadamz Warlord

How could you build a Holy Site right next to that city, Bibrax? Was it not settle by you? Isn't Gaul supposed to not build districts close to the city center?

Knightfall and tedhebert like this.
  15. tedhebert

tedhebert Emperor

I would hazard to guess that HS is from the same extra city on an island as the one for the CS 38 Oppidum ! Still, it DOES mean that the city center limitation is only for the SAME city... doesn't seem to matter if it's adjacent to ANOTHER city center. Did not know that !

Knightfall likes this.
  16. Aurelesk

Aurelesk Prince

Bibrax was a City-State (Vatican) that I renamed, already with a Holy Site.
    Brussels was not a City-State: it was the real Bibrax that I also renamed, to make the reference to the Maginot Line more obvious. It used to have Akkad there, but I have to raze it because the Encampment wasn't in the right place.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    Knightfall, Alexadamz and tedhebert like this.
  17. Pfeffersack

Pfeffersack Deity

I think there is a restriction that you can't built districts adjacent to another city center (because you can't even swap those tiles between cities), but what is possible is settling near an existing district (for any civ, including the Gauls)

Knightfall and 8housesofelixir like this.
  18. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

The proper way to win an emergency:

Eliminate the party who put forward the motion :D

Was it like this before? I defeat the emergency in WC, but the civ I'm already at war with and who proposed it, votes for it and the emergency starts nevertheless with that civ as the sole participant.

19. Pfeffersack

Pfeffersack Deity

Mapuche vs. Mitla, front cause 1880 BC:

MapuchevsMitla.jpg

20. Aurelesk

Aurelesk Prince

Nothing to see here, just a regular Gæsatæ...

Spoiler :

Yes: that single Gæsatæ enjoys +92 Combat Strength from the "King of the Eburones" ability. This means there is 46 units next to that Gæsatæ. How? For some reason, Air units do give the bonus, even if they are in a Aerodrome.
    Also, I don't know if it is known, but when I needed to repair the Aerodrome, Hangar and the Airport because of a nasty Haboob Dust Storm, I gained 2 air slots, going to 6 slots instead of 4.

I guess I could do something even higher with Apocalypse mode and destroying / repairing my Aerodrome again and again for extra slots? But I am not willing to do it soon.