1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ VI Funny/Strange Screenshots

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Carazycool, Oct 23, 2016.

1. James_Champagne

James_Champagne Warlord

Not sure what the Germans were thinking when they constructed the Golden Gate Bridge... not so much a bridge as a glorified whale observation deck...

20201011223322_1.jpg

Francel, Bosque, Onii-chan and 10 others like this.
  2. CoconutTank

CoconutTank Unapologetic Warmonger Supporter

How does that even work? The bridge is supposed to connect to a land tile on both ends, but if there are Whales in the destination, how could that ever have been a land tile?

Meluhhan and Knightfall like this.
  3. Aurelesk

Aurelesk Prince

My guess is the following: the tile next to Aachen was flooded. At the time of construction, the Golden Bridge was possible. He probably saved the game, quit, and reload. The game, confused, wanted to replace the Golden Bridge but didn't find the correct orientation, so it put it in the default orientation.

Here some MSPaint to explain. In red, the tile that was flooded, and the Golden Bridge original orientation.
    Spoiler :
    Hypothèse.png

There is the same kind of thing with Civilization V and the Great Wall wonder. The Great Wall "updated" to your current border expansion when you loaded, so your Great Wall "moved" at each reload.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  4. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I guess you can say this city state has a base inside my territory.

5. Koljar

Koljar Chieftain

How is that even possible? I thought you can neither culture bomb (that temporary district thing from votes) nor switch tiles next to a city center to some other city (e.g. when liberating a city state and before giving it back). The stone right next to Valletta is what confuses me the most.

Knightfall and Meluhhan like this.
  6. Aurelesk

Aurelesk Prince

When Ankober built the Industrial Zone, a Culture Bomb happened. A Culture Bomb allows to instantly gain the tiles that:
    • Are 3 tiles (or less) from the City-Center.
    • Do not contain a District, a Wonder or a National Park (I need to check that).
    The Culture Bomb didn't managed to steal the Encampment and Farm because: the Encampment is a district (immune), and the Farm is 4 tiles away from the City-Center of the owner of the Industrial Zone, so unreachable. I kind of miss the old Citadel from the Great General in Civilization V. I found it really fun (and gamebreaking) to strip off lands of your neighboor with those Culture Bomb that allows to get tiles farther than the 3-tiles radius.

I think you are kind of mix two thougths:
    • You can Culture Bomb tiles next to a City Center, because you steal them to an other civilization.
    • You can't switch tiles next to a City Center, because all 6 tiles around your cities can't be switched.

7. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

Also, not all "culture bombs" work the same way. For example, the Gaul and Cree methods of obtaining tiles cannot steal tiles, they only take unclaimed tiles. There may be others similarly.

Knightfall, Pfeffersack and Aurelesk like this.
  8. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

That is very well done for someone using MS Paint.

9. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

Nobody, not even my ally, could have thrown me a penny for a diplo victory point? Great, thanks "ally".

Attached Files:

10. Pfeffersack

Pfeffersack Deity

No Dramatic Age mode activated here...

NotDramaticAgeMode2.jpg

...just an overcrowded Highlands map :)

11. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

A failed state... or ultimate freedom? 1640 AD, the Dutch finally kicked their Queen Wilhelmina out of the last city (the Hague, lol) and became truly free, albeit a bit anarchistic, loosely tied agglomeration of 8 provinces:

My first try of Dramatic Ages did not disappoint, a whole civ just erased itself, despite having a few wonders under their belt :)
    Others, except for Kupe, are doing remarkably well though, all the cities that break away, flip back due to loyalty pressure before too long. AI seems not to be coded to take Free Cities by force.

12. Deadly Dog

Deadly Dog Warlord

Even though it worked against me, I sent an Indie Rock Band to Stockholm for ONE concert, and, well...oops?
    Spoiler :
    The concert that shook the world.jpg
    The remaining cities revolted within 10 turns. To be fair, the process had already started, I just gave it a wee push....:mischief:

Bosque, Tech Osen, Knightfall and 9 others like this.
  13. Koljar

Koljar Chieftain

You evil, filthy ...

I like that :D

Feels like tickling the person who's turn it is while playing jenga...

Knightfall and Codeword Iroquois like this.
  14. Francel

Francel Warlord

(Almost) Perfect Polders:

Question 1: How much do you think the yield for one of my polders is?
    (The default yield of an unimproved lake tile without a resource is 1 food and 1 gold.)

Actual yield of polders:
    Spoiler :

Question 2: Since they are only almost perfect, what would it take to make them truly optimal? I can think of 2 more things to do, but maybe there are more than 2.

15. Naeshar

Naeshar Warlord

Where is the Hells Civ666 Club? I just had this a few days ago, too good to pass on, just the .7 is bad luck.
    civ666.png

I went with the random name game got me. This was the absolutely legendary Cheap Gold Rockstar. It had two superior concerts and made a lot of gold. Not that it mattered...
    very_cheap_gold.png
    The third one is weird. Can anyone explain how did the citystate get two extra tiles when there are no envoys sent yet?
    CS_free_tiles.jpg

Knightfall and Jeppetto like this.
  16. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

Hmm, don't you lose all envoys when you DoW the city state? Maybe someone got a (free?) envoy with them and then DoW'd them later?

Knightfall likes this.
  17. Naeshar

Naeshar Warlord

Well you do lose them. However you can see there is no war declared on that city state, its only Ambiorix that has the initial meeting envoy. I actually saw in the xmls that city states start with 5 extra tiles and get one tile per envoy, so the first free one finishes the first ring or something.
    It could be possible Alex declared on it, but how could he get two envoys within first 30 turns and waste them, then sign peace with the CS?

I actually wanted those wheat tiles for my second city so much... and vilnius took them out of nowhere. In the end I took boths CS and took both civs up there out as well xD.

18. Maximo the Xth

Maximo the Xth Warlord

I guess someone's Amani paid the city a short visit.

Knightfall likes this.
  19. stagnate

stagnate Warlord

Legit GG Bridge and Panama Canal on the same map. Almost a full circle if the island in the south was connected next to Yerevan. GG Bridge is hidden next to Velitrae.

20. Francel

Francel Warlord

Wow! I am such a noob. I didn't know my polders were going to bloom. Also, it seems like the flowers depend on the climate. I wonder how many variations there are? I have to try to find a lake with one of every variety. That is really cool. Well done Firaxis.

Spoiler :

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020