Civ VI Funny/Strange Screenshots

Yeah... no. You won't report back to anyone.

upload_2021-6-12_23-48-18.png

Pearl Harbor!!
upload_2021-6-12_23-49-27.png

"Is that the volcano erupting, boss?
- No, it's just meteors.
- Oh, OK, then we're fine."
upload_2021-6-12_23-52-54.png

"I already saw the movie. It falls on Paris." - Jack O'Neill

upload_2021-6-12_23-55-49.png

What are you trying to achieve here, Hammu?
upload_2021-6-12_23-58-0.png

Oh that? Why didn't you keep your faith to fight the Germans? (few turns later we all lost to a RV)
upload_2021-6-12_23-59-8.png

Last edited:
Now, that's a real secret society and some mysterious rituals...
I now envision the meetings of the World Congress as the Grey Council: "I am grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are grey. We stand between the darkness and the light." :D

So I decided to make the Great Brazilian Preserve.

I wanted to have some fun stacking Preserves. Not the best map for it. Too many floodplains and several of my luxuries were in spots I would rather have empty, but meh it doesn't need to be perfect to be fun. Now all I need to do is dump an Eiffel Tower somewhere to try and bump a few of those lesser tiles up a bit. I also could have taken Earth Goddess to add 1 faith to them, but the starting appeal was low. I actually needed Reyna's Forestry Management to boost some of the appeal up. Those floodplains were pain in the butt to work around.

I wanted to have some fun stacking Preserves. Not the best map for it. Too many floodplains and several of my luxuries were in spots I would rather have empty, but meh it doesn't need to be perfect to be fun. Now all I need to do is dump an Eiffel Tower somewhere to try and bump a few of those lesser tiles up a bit. I also could have taken Earth Goddess to add 1 faith to them, but the starting appeal was low. I actually needed Reyna's Forestry Management to boost some of the appeal up. Those floodplains were pain in the butt to work around.

I cannot explain to you how much the min-maxer in me loves that Oxford University :love:

What about a Zoo? Brazil seems perfect for adding little bit of science to each jungle (instead of water entertainment district).

What about a Zoo? Brazil seems perfect for adding little bit of science to each jungle (instead of water entertainment district).
The water entertainment district is being built by Salvador. Rio indeed does have a zoo and Sao. . . should have one, though maybe I hadn't gotten it built yet at the time of that screen shot. In fact I was using the entertainment districts to prop up some appeal values.

If only you were playing the Inca instead. This is a paradise for the Inca.
At a glance, yes, but even with the Inca you'd be trapped in that valley because even the thinnest part of the mountain range is two mountains deep. So yeah, even the Inca would be stuck with a very sub-optimal three-city empire there. They'd do better than anyone else, though, since at least they can work the mountains.

The resources placement is the same code as the original fractal map. I've changed the continents formation to mimic tectonics i.e.:
  1. Calculate random lines of tectonics on the map
  2. Initialize the elevation to 1.0 where the tectonic lines are, else 0.0
  3. Iterate through a number of iterations to raise the lands using averages of the sibling plots.
  4. Iterate through a number of iterations to lower the lands using averages of the sibling plots.
  5. Use the same code as the fractal map for the resources, placement, etc.
It works pretty well, but you need to be cautious about the parameters to not landblock civilizations or make the map crashes due to impossible civilizations placement.

I'm not sure why the original code decide to place that many dyes, it's a bit insane.

At a glance, yes, but even with the Inca you'd be trapped in that valley because even the thinnest part of the mountain range is two mountains deep. So yeah, even the Inca would be stuck with a very sub-optimal three-city empire there. They'd do better than anyone else, though, since at least they can work the mountains.
Or you could develop and wait until your military engineer can build tunnels? Probably a bit of a challenge with one city...

Or you could develop and wait until your military engineer can build tunnels? Probably a bit of a challenge with one city...
That would be a possibility in the late game if Military Engineers spawn in Encampments (which could be built outside the valley); I don't recall whether that's the case. Still, you're going to have an awful early game.

Top Bottom