1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ VI Funny/Strange Screenshots

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Carazycool, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

This one is strange, I had a similar thing happen with R&F on my last computer. This is a new computer with a new video card, so it's strange I would see this happen again. Unless this is supposed to be like this. :crazyeye:

SammyKhalifa, Kjimmet and Guandao like this.
  2. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

The miasma from Beyond Earth just doesn't want to leave.

3. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

Crater Ocean?

Coastal Lake.png

4. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Yes! I had that in my game, except that I got a flood barrier built in time (which looks really weird. And really should reduce the appeal of the wonder). :crazyeye:

God of Kings, Guandao and Kimiimaro like this.
  5. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Maybe they should call it Crater Lagoon.

6. Naeshar

Naeshar Warlord

I didn't know lakes can flood as well. In reality, our inland lakes are rather shrinking (Aral, Chad, ...)
    It's bothering me why citizens of Larak needed to break one edge of the lake with harbor. It reduces the appeal of the wonder.

7. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

Crater lakes are volcanic, and a large eruption could breach the wall of the caldera, causing a devastating flood. Crater Lake itself is unlikely to do this any time soon, but it happened at Mt Aniakchak in Alaska about 3000 years ago.

Nothing to do with climate change, of course, unless a lot of new rainfall caused the lake to overflow :lol:

Zaarin likes this.
  8. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Crater Lake is at a pretty high elevation, I've been there once. It was chilly. If that starts flooding, we are all in trouble.

I thought this picture was kind of funny. How did this desert mountain get in the middle like that? :) Maybe a rain shadow. It just looks funny. I waited thousands of years to be able to see the tile in the middle hoping for some +6 Holy site (I built my Campus a long time earlier), only to find out it was occupied. Oh well. Actually now I notice it would have been out of range anyways.

Guandao, God of Kings, Zaarin and 5 others like this.
  9. Klinn

Klinn Warlord

Taking advantage of the tactical surprise afforded by the storms, my brave tank corps will dash through the severe swarm of tornadoes to take China's capital:

I suspect afterwards there will be more than the usual amount of repairs needed to the city and surrounding area. :)

BTW, the fact that tank corps still only use 1 oil has given me a reason to finally build some.

Guandao, God of Kings, Zaarin and 6 others like this.
  10. Klinn

Klinn Warlord

Dido confirms the game's historical accuracy by building the famed Desert Machu Picchu:

Hey, at least it's beside a commercial hub. :)

11. ShunNakamura

ShunNakamura Warlord

I didn't think to take this screen shot until after I did the deed, but I think God is saying I am right and old Harald is wrong.

The Blighter was running around my space with a bunch of Debater promoted Apostles along with the policy card and Theocracy as his gov. I didn't feel like doing battle religiously so after he gave me a religious war causi belli I declared war on him. I wasn't planning on taking any of his cities, but I figured I would send my muskets up to do some pillaging anyways. But almost immediately after declaring war that Volcano erupted and blasted his city health to oblivion AND took out the walls. So I took it. God wills it to be so.

Guandao, God of Kings, Zaarin and 5 others like this.
  12. Red_warning

Red_warning Warlord

Bravo Kupe, bravo.

13. Klinn

Klinn Warlord

In that location, I doubt Kupe has to worry about conserving the forests and jungles. :)

14. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

I think, he just gets spawned in sight of Arctic or Antarctic lands more often than not and then just zeroes in on whatever crappy tiles those are. Either he should be given near equatorial spawn belt, or coded to move away from the ice, poor soul. I've already seen too many pics of this sort.

15. Red_warning

Red_warning Warlord

Shouldn't be too hard to code in a snow and tundra settle ban for a limited amount of turns imo.

16. Klinn

Klinn Warlord

If Harald complains, just tell him "No, no, this is for the best, you'll see". :lol:

Geez I hate hearing that. Wish we could be just as annoying when civs complain to us about converting their cities.

Ondolindë and Zaarin like this.
  17. Zaarin

Zaarin Diplomatic Attaché to Londo Mollari

I was there a few summers ago; it was quite cold. Loved it, though--the most beautiful place I've ever been.

I think Kupe has a Snow bias, because that's where he always seems to end up.

18. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

But no love for those whales there!

19. Onii-chan

Onii-chan King

Even if he starts in the ocean, they should just give him a bias to at least spawn near the equator somewhere. That'd make both logical sense and be better for gameplay balance so stuff like in that pic doesn't happen in the hands of the AI

Zaarin and Red_warning like this.
  20. Banazir864

Banazir864 Warlord

Kupe leads the Inuits in Sid Meier's Civilization VI: Gathering Storm.

CPWimmer, agonistes, Guandao and 10 others like this.