Civ VI update scheduled for Thursday, 24 September 2020, 16:00:00 UTC

The new content pack is however not enabled and the game crashed to desktop.

So, how is everyone doing? I guess we have some time to kill while we all wait.

Apparently Firaxis knows about it and is working on it. From thegamemechanics discord

Anyone tried updating to the newest Nvidia driver? Dunno if it matters..

hope this is not the solution. I am unable to update my nvidia drivers for over 2 years. Installation process keeps crashing inbetween. Tried everything. Even reinstalling windows twice.

Opening the additional content screen makes the game crash to desktop.

There is a Byzantium_Gaul folder, but the pack is not showing as installed in the DLC list for the game in Steam, nor does it show up ingame in the additional content screen.

Opening the additional content screen makes the game crash to desktop.

Same here... well, back to some pending work, let's try in a hour or so.

Bonus point... just for info. Readmes are there: No new info, but confirmation of Pack 5 content probably

Spoiler :
This folder contains gameplay data. Be careful to distinguish between two types of gameplay files:
1. Gameplay that needs to be on by default (ex. ByzantiumGaul_Units.xml for the new units in all rules sets, ByzantiumGaul_Expansion2.xml for tweaks specific to playing in the XP2 ruleset like adding named rivers)
2. Gameplay that is part of an optional mode, specifying the ruleset needed (if any) and ending in “_Modes” (ex. ByzantiumGaul_Expansion1_Modes.xml and ByzantiumGaul_Expansion2_Modes.xml for content related to the Dramatic Ages game mode)

I just want to apologize to everyone for the patch being borked. This is the first time since Civ6 released that I was actually home for the patch and launched the downloader as soon as it became available.

Obviously, this is entirely my fault.

Was able to launch the game but...
My security tools are in full panic mode when I try to launch it, there's no new content, and the game crashes with access violation...

Top Bottom