Civ VII Press Release?

That might seem to indicate possibly even more Civ 6 content, considering there is at least one unnamed DLC.
Yeah, I think we need to reassess after LP is finished. On the one hand, even admitting that another Civ game is in the works is paramount to signifying the end of Civ 6. But on the other hand, what is this extra DLC?

More Civ 6 content would seem to indicate that Civ 7 is still a little way off, and the social media announcement was more of an off-the-cuff control-the-narrative type of action. However, I don't think we should assume this extra DLC is content. It could also be modding tools (I've been wrong every time I've guessed this), or have some function related to whatever Aspyr is doing to to get the rest of the LP finished for Mac and Linux. Discovering the nature of this DLC will probably be key in setting our expectations for how far out Civ 7 is.

Yeah, I think we need to reassess after LP is finished. On the one hand, even admitting that another Civ game is in the works is paramount to signifying the end of Civ 6. But on the other hand, what is this extra DLC?

More Civ 6 content would seem to indicate that Civ 7 is still a little way off, and the social media announcement was more of an off-the-cuff control-the-narrative type of action. However, I don't think we should assume this extra DLC is content. It could also be modding tools (I've been wrong every time I've guessed this), or have some function related to whatever Aspyr is doing to to get the rest of the LP finished for Mac and Linux. Discovering the nature of this DLC will probably be key in setting our expectations for how far out Civ 7 is.

Just checking, the extra DLC in question is that mysterious slot that has been screenshotted on Steam and shared here?

It's thought, perhaps, to be an unannounced drop from the LP, correct?

I'm super skeptical of it, but just wanted to be sure we are on the same page.

Just checking, the extra DLC in question is that mysterious slot that has been screenshotted on Steam and shared here?

It's thought, perhaps, to be an unannounced drop from the LP, correct?

I'm super skeptical of it, but just wanted to be sure we are on the same page.
The top line item on the image below.

As you can see, Test LPJ is still there and precedes all the released packs. I suspect it is for Caesar. The others have been renamed in order of release so far. From that, I surmise that Bart is Great Builders and Pinky is Rulers of England. That wraps up the named DLCs. But the top one was added a month ago and remains unnamed.

steamdb.PNG

The top line item on the image below.

As you can see, Test LPJ is still there and precedes all the released packs. I suspect it is for Caesar. The others have been renamed in order of release so far. From that, I surmise that Bart is Great Builders and Pinky is Rulers of England. That wraps up the named DLCs. But the top one was added a month ago and remains unnamed.

View attachment 654767

Got it, thanks for clarifying, interesting for sure.

When Civ7 is released is of course impossible to know for outsiders as the CFC community, but a general thought: The AAA industry today operates on long production lines. From the earliest concept/ideas phase to pre-alpha, alpha, beta, gold you can expect a game released nowadays to have been in the works in some form or another for 4-5-6 year, sometimes even more. So when will Civ7 release? For that we would need to know when production started. And we don't. This tease is also quite different from earlier Civ title's announcements. And Civ6's post release has been quite different from earlier titles too; no 2x XPs, longer (so far already) between major releases. And no interim project like BE announced.

TL;DR - it's all in flux. :)

I imagine that Pinky and Bart are the last 2 DLCs and that the final pack is a final patch pre-scheduled to fix any last remaining bugs, especially if the final pack introduces any (like Nader Shah having 2 bugs in his ability on release).

Oh, that is true. Hmmmmm. I mean Caesar was a surprise DLC. Wouldnt be completely unheard of to have a final surprise leader at the end of the Leader Pass.
That's certainly a possibility. Or a Wonders DLC. Or modding tools. Or a comprehensive soundtrack. There are a few possibilities.

That's certainly a possibility. Or a Wonders DLC. Or modding tools. Or a comprehensive soundtrack. There are a few possibilities.
Certainly true! A big "who knows?" Wishing there was more in the title like LPJ (Leader pass Julius) LPGN (Leader pass Great Negotiators) and LPGC (Leader pass Great Commanders)

I doubt it's another leader because, it wasn't listed in the leak in the first place.

Could be addon for the modding tools, I think that would please a lot of the modders.

Top Bottom