Civ3 editor edit rules question

vanguard587

Chieftain
In the new map I am designing, I want temples and cathedrals to reduce corruption, and hospitals to reduce human pollution. the question is, are the reduction corruption and pollution effects stackable and can be used in conjunction with courthouse and police station? Or do they just replace the effects of a previously built improvement that also reduce corruption or pollution?

corruption is stackable - the way the corruption model works, each building that has reduces corruption lowers the corruption and also lowers the threshold.

I am not sure why you have a hospital reduce human pollution... since it is the thing that makes human pollution possible in the first place. (except for shakespeare's, of course)

I suspect that changes like that will make for a much more powerful AI, since they don't make enough workers as is (so less pollution helps them) and they build temples/caths reflexively, so they will have very little corruption.

I don't know about pollution, though. The way that I understand pollution reducing improvements to work, they basically set pollution chances to 1% for each type. (ie, a size 20 city has an 8% chance of human pollution - with mass transit, that turns into 1%), so an additional improvment would probably do nothing.

vanguard587 said:
In the new map I am designing, I want temples and cathedrals to reduce corruption, and hospitals to reduce human pollution. the question is, are the reduction corruption and pollution effects stackable and can be used in conjunction with courthouse and police station? Or do they just replace the effects of a previously built improvement that also reduce corruption or pollution?

The only way to really have a hospital have an effect on pollution is give the Sanitation Advance the same setting as Mass Transit, i.e. reduces human pollution. However, as AutomatedTeller warns, that will significantly benefit the AI. You can also change the corruption setting for a specific government type in the editor, but again, that will give the AI the same benefit. When I am playing, I normally play archipelago or continent maps, and what kills me there is the waste penalty when trying to settle a new land, much more than corruption. The best answer I have come up with for that is work very hard a getting the new city to have a "We love the President's Day", as that really lowers waste. Waste costs production, corruption only costs money.

Top Bottom