Civ3 GOTM #5: March 2002 is Here!!

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
Another month... another game. :) This month's game is the first Civ3 GOTM created by Matrix. If this map turns out to be very difficult or ugly, blame matrix! ;)

Game Parameters:

Civilization: Americans
Difficulty Level: Monarch
Map Size: Small
Rivals: 6 Random Rivals
Climate: Arid, Cold
Continents & Water: Random
Earth: 3 billion years
Barbarians: Restless
Victory Conditions: All

Playing the Game:

- You must use the DEFAULT RULES and the v1.17f patch to play the game.

- Use of any cheats/trainers and editing of saved games are not allowed.

Submissions:

- Saved games are due April 2nd, 2002.
- The 0 AD save game is now optional.
- When submitting the game, please include all the info asked in the submission page and zip your saved games. Submissions with incomplete info will not be added.

Download the Game:

http://www.civfanatics.com/civ3gotm/civ3gotm05.shtml

Happy GOTMing! :cool:

Worst Starting Position Ever. That's all I'm going to say.

Cool!
A small map with six opponents and arid/cold/3billion years AND such a starting location (from the picture, haven't seen it yet...).

This time it will really be a challange!!!!

The starting position may look a challenge, but two tiles of incense so close to the start position gives easy happiness improvement, and an instant resource to trade with another civ.

I'm disappointed that the map is a small map though - it may not make the best use of the American F15, which would be more beneficial for the larger maps. I even wonder if the game may be over before I get to the F15!

Good point, pompeynunn. I actually haven't thought of that. But heck, I never use a jet fighter anyway...
Originally posted by Thunderfall
If this map turns out to be very difficult or ugly, blame matrix! ;)
Thanks a lot(!) ;) But I actually planned on purpose to make a difficult map. :p

I've played through to 1200AD so far, having the most fun of any GOTM yet! Moderator Action: No spoiling please.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889 That it's a small map isn't that big of a deal, F-15's (and planes in general) aren't really useful on any settings anyways. Getting an earlier Golden Age with wonders is a good idea with the Americans.

Aeson, are you going for a record for completion of a GOTM or something!

You must be a student - only people I know who have enough time on their hands to do this sort of thing..... ;)

could everyone please refrain from spoiling in this thread???? Aesons post gave me the impression that other spots of the map aren`t better - and that`s info i shouldn`t have had before I started! no offence, Aeson!

Sorry Killer. I figured "difficult" and "ugly" were implied with the settings, and subjective terms at that. I've played a few games on similar settings and so am familiar with what maps of this sort look like. Didn't mean to spoil it for you.

And as for being able to play so much... insomnia is good for something I guess.

Student :p

Not just students have extra time. I am 47 years old and very ill at home 24/7 :lol: It sucks but I have plenty of game time :D

I played for a few turns and will have to make another attempt. I had a raging war with the russians going. I did not plan properly she started to put the whipping on me. :D I play warlord level way to much! :crazyeyes

Desert Fox :p

Originally posted by Desert Fox
Not just students have extra time. I am 47 years old and very ill at home 24/7 :lol: It sucks but I plenty of game time :D

I played for a few turns and will have to make another attempt. I had a raging war with the russians going. I did not plan properly she started to put the whipping on me. :D I play warlord level way to much! :crazyeyes

Desert Fox :p

And... recent college grads like myself looking for programming jobs in an economy that's "crud" as one person put it. :)

I think I'll take a stab at it. The starting posistion doesn't look too terrible (2 luxeries, easy for irrigation, and hills and mountains provide production). I'm holding my own in a Regant SG (similar terrain, but a slightly worse starting posistion - no lakes or rivers for irragation! - so I'll try this one just for the challenge. I'll probably lose though.

Ouch. I got burned back to Cheiftain mode! :D

But, the civ that beat me had 15 times the score as the 2nd place team! (4 times ahead of me, in last). Quite remarkable for having to travel a long distance... I defended well though, and one other civ gave up on conquering me. :D

ChrTh's non-spoiler reaction to the game so far:

Hmmm
Huh
Ah...ok
Right
Uh huh
Yes!
NO!
Erk
Hrm
Huh?
Wha?
Damn...
Works for me
Hrm
Uh huh
Suuuuure :D
:sheep:

Things aren't looking good, but the Suuuuure definitely helped

"Not just students have extra time. I am 47 years old and very ill at home 24/7 It sucks but I have plenty of game time "

I just got back from a snowboarding holiday and darn it, I didn't break so much as a finger. Now I've got to work instead of Civving 24/7 for the next 3 months...:( :cry: :(

i' tried it and got killed very quilckly.who ever it is that starts out north of me killed me very very quickly so i didn't even bother to try it again. THANKS A LOT MATRIX:mad: :mad:

just kidding.

Moderator Action: Some people might not had started yet. Please keep spoiling info in the so-called spoiler thread.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Hey sorry to not think of what I was posting. It is your job but sorry to put you to work when I know better. :eek:

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
Worst Starting Position Ever. That's all I'm going to say.

I dont believe that can be worse than the england map of the last month ...

I were crushed by four different ways ...

I am yet stucked ...

Chieftainly

GersTree

Top Bottom