1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ3 PTW Patch v1.14f Released!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by Thunderfall, Nov 26, 2002.

1. Oakes

Oakes I'm "out of sync"

I'm in the same boat as other people in this thread... i've had the 1.14 patch since it was released, but was just able to try my first multiplayer with it today. First game, gave me the infamous sync error. Then i got in a game and the speed was fine but eventually froze on me. I haven't been able to host or get in a game that doesn't crash since then... I've rebooted many times.... I have tried giving my comp Red Bull and I've even tried to feed it cat food. Nothing seems to help.

2. Oakes

Oakes I'm "out of sync"

update... got one to work!!!! Good game speed and all. Now if I could get that with a little more consistency, I'll be a happy camper.

3. Tiger_Nation

Tiger_Nation Warlord

when is the patch avalible for uk and other european countrys

4. digger760

digger760 Warlord

The 1.14 patch for UK and German versions is availible at

www.civ3.de

OK it is in German, but on the upper right hand side of the site is a link to patches, click on this...then on the page that comes up the first set of links is to the US-version

The second is to the UK-version under the title
    Patches für EURO-ENGLISCHE -Versionen unter Windows

I downloaded this for the UK-version and it seems to be working fine.

5. Thunderfall

Thunderfall Administrator Administrator Moderator

6. wtiberon

wtiberon One man who stands alone

I've had this problem as well mine has to do with a router issue but Firaxis has promised to release a third patch to resolve all remaining MP issues (please god please) So my best advice would be to pratice in SP and wait for the patches then kick a little butt. :D

7. jonrach73

jonrach73 Chieftain

So. does this mean if you could set the default settings to what you really want to play the game at - this would be a temporary work-around?

This problem is driving me nuts!

Does anyone know how to change the defaults - is there a text file somewhere that could be edited?

cheers for any info

Jon

8. WildFire

WildFire amour

9. jonrach73

jonrach73 Chieftain

I tried again last night and noticed a curious thing:

If you go to a normal single player game (new game) and set the level up as say Monarch, then exit the game, start a multi player game as hotseat - it goes to monarch level.

I didn't get a chance to fully test this phenomenon but it would seem this is a temporary work around - would be cool if some of you could check this out!

Also - a quick question - am I the only one to get repeated and seemingly unavoidable illegal operations all the time or have I just got a dodgy Direct X setup or something - it would seem that every other time I want to play PTW, the game crashes (just after the preparation timer reaches 100% before the Multi Player screen comes up)

Let's just say I can't wait for the next patch.

cheers

Jon

10. olaf73

olaf73 Chieftain

Does anyone have any info on when the next patch might be released?

Thanks
    olaf

11. philippe

philippe FYI, I chase trains.

It took 43 minutes to download it :angry:

12. WildFire

WildFire amour

Really philippe? If it took that long, good luck playing a game over the internet :(

13. philippe

It really hurts from switching from cable to mre 56K-modem :sad: :(:(:(:(:(:(:( :cry:

14. redhulkz

redhulkz Prince

i'm in south east asia, ssingapore. which PTW patch is suitable for me? surely not US version?

15. philippe

Wich version you bought?

16. hbdragon88

hbdragon88 haunted by blackness

Ahh, don't be mad :) You're part of us: the dial-up gang. We are the infamous ones that can rule the world over AOL! :D j/k

Anyway, if it took you 43 min. to download it your connection must be slower than mine. I estimate that it would take about 30 min. to download the 6 MB patch. Unless it was more than 6MB...was it?

17. philippe

i thought it was 9 Mb download

18. hbdragon88

hbdragon88 haunted by blackness

Well if it was 9MB (although I thought different) then it's probably pretty right - it would take an hour. Dial-up is like that...I calculated that if I wanted to download something from Kazaa that was 150MB, it would take me about thirteen hours...

19. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

I had a dailup, once... :)

Once I tried to renegotiate a trade w a player that still existed but was going to expire that turn, so when I clicked to renegoitiate, the game crashed.