• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Civ3Edit Help

higgins534

Chieftain
When I open the screen for editing civilizations, natrual resources etc. in Civ3Edit the bottom of the box that pops up is gone. So when editing a civilization I cannot edit the Alternate Colour or the Reverse flc. Filename for animations of the leaderhead. Can someone help me? I only have Civ 3 (no expansions) and it is the current version.

Welcome to CFC, higgins534! :)

Is your screen resolution lower than 1024x768 (ie; 800x600)? Civ3 only works with a resolution of 1024x768, so the bottom of the editor may be getting cut off because of that.

Thankyou, I have been downloading from here for a few weeks and thought I would join.

My screen resolution is at 1024x768...Civ 3 works fine and there is no cut off and Civ3Edit works fine when making new maps etc. UNTIL I try to edit Civilizations, natural resources etc. Then the box that comes up to edit stuff is too long and wide (the vertical and the horizontal are cut off).

I really need to get this fixed as I can't change the .flc animation files for new civilizations (this is frustrating me to no end).

Yeah, this is a problem I have on my laptop. You can put the taskbar on AutoHide, or you can grab the very bottom part of the title bar on the top and get the popup window up just high enough to hit the very top of the button. You might have to play with it a bit, but you should be able to get it.

Turner_727 said:
Yeah, this is a problem I have on my laptop. You can put the taskbar on AutoHide, or you can grab the very bottom part of the title bar on the top and get the popup window up just high enough to hit the very top of the button. You might have to play with it a bit, but you should be able to get it.

I have tried that and unfortunately I still can't get to the Reverse fuile for the leaderheads animations. Maybe someone could refer me to an alternate program on making civs?

Turner_727 said:
There is none.

Any chance of getting a screen res higher than 1024x768?

Well not at the moment BUT I am buying a new graphics card sometimes early next year so I can play Civ 4 (I can play it already but it only just runs at the moment with a 64mb Geforce 2).

Aye, there's the rub, idn't it, mate? Get a new card for Civ4 and be able to mod Civ3, or play Civ4....

Turner_727 said:
Aye, there's the rub, idn't it, mate? Get a new card for Civ4 and be able to mod Civ3, or play Civ4....

lol...I won't be modding Civ 3 when I get the graphics card...most definately I will be modding Civ 4...So looks like I can never succesfully mod Civ 3....

ok what you do is DONT have the window maximised...left click the top of the window so you can actually drag the window around....move it all the way off the screen as far as you can go to the top and if you look closely you will see the button apply on the bottom right...you can select it with your mouse if you're steady handed...works for me

Top Bottom