1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ4 BTS Patch v3.13 is up

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by MrDrizzt, Oct 4, 2007.

1. entwood

entwood Chieftain

Yes, I do have the privateer update. Thanks for the help. Still not sure what little thing I might be missing

2. CaesarCS

CaesarCS Chieftain

I still get the movies crash, anyone else getting that?

Other than that everything seems to run great.

3. CivAgamemnon

CivAgamemnon Chieftain

@ Entwood: You're welcome, dude. Dunno why the version number didn't update. Odd.

4. Lord_Zath

Lord_Zath Chieftain

So after the first OOS error, player rejoins host computer. Now it's every 2-3 turns. Can we still play it if it keeps OOS'ing, even if we don't rejoin?

5. ASL Veteran

ASL Veteran Chieftain

I appreciate the response. I actually ended up downloading the patch manually and then the patch 'found' the game on it's own and updated it. When I manually applied the patch it took. I'm still going to check where you indicated though because I hate it when I can't find a piece of software on my machine :cry:

6. Lord_Zath

Lord_Zath Chieftain

The full path should be My Documents\My Games\...

7. Sparrowmint

Sparrowmint Chieftain

Is anyone else having the issue where the patch refuses to install, saying it can detect no version of BTS?

"The setup has detected that no version of Sid Meier's Civilization IV - Beyond the Sword is installed.

This update requires that a previous version of the application be installed."

I've tried both downloading it from the website, and downloading it from within the program. I get the error both times.

(And no, this isn't the same problem as ASLVeteran had. I've also tried running it manually from within the My Games folder. Same error).

ETA - I never installed 3.03, so I thought maybe this might be the problem. So I downloaded 3.03 and get the same error. :rolleyes:

8. zulu9812

zulu9812 The Newbie Nightmare

I see some fixes for colonies, but none of them seem to address this bug:

If you start a game with 18 civs, no colonies can be created (even if there are less civs in the game by the time you want to create a colony).

That's a little disappointing, since starting an 18-player game basically disables a significant portion of gameplay.

9. entwood

entwood Chieftain

To benefit any players having the same problems as I had ("almost 3.1.3"), I could not figure it out, so I uninstalled BtS and reinstalled the game from the disks and obtained 3.13 thru the game and all seems well now.

I might add that I did have Blue Marble installed and the Scaling mod, plus maybe I changed something in MyGames INI. I had Solver's Patch, and was monkeying around with a Mod two, not exactly sure what I might have changed there.

"Just do it all over" seems to be a viable strategy. I had also previously uninstalled the GameSpy Comrade application and never filled out the original Registration forms, if any of this is relevant.

edit:
    I also deleted my MyGames/Beyond the Sword folder prior to reinstalling (uninstalling does not clear this)....My few save games are gone but that was not important to me.

10. Lobsang1979

Lobsang1979 Chieftain

You don't have a digital version (such as Direct2Drive) by any chance? If so, there's no version of the patch for it yet.

Otherwise, do you have any mods installed (i.e. anything other than vanilla BTS)?

11. vilemerchant

vilemerchant Chieftain

Amazing, I just saw an AI privateer!

12. Gaius Octavius

Gaius Octavius Chieftain

I will be using Carter's Earth map as the base. How can I work on my WWII global mod if I can't use his map? :crazyeye:

13. Troymk1

Troymk1 Chieftain

Americans say Whine. Aussies say whinge...

Meanwhile, My comment was somewhat in jest, but automagically I'm called a wanker. So why don't I toss off another comment hmmm?

The sense of entitlement of some people never ceases to amaze me. Thank god my sons aren't raised to be spoiled little train wrecks of people.

Ok that's enough acidity for me on this subject. I'm back to my shift at Micky Dee's*

14. Venger

Venger Give it a tumble, sport

121 MB!! Whew, that patch is a humdinga... downloading now. Would love to play, but had a client with a 50GB Exchange Information Store have a server crater right to the ground... son of a!!!

Venger

15. entwood

entwood Chieftain

spoiled little train wrecks of people...ok
    Don't Man. You started it. Whiners implies some sort of babyish complaining to me (maybe I'm wrong?) and I contend there was nothing of the sort. You are starting again...I am interested in mending fences...and not at all just because the patch has arrived...Like I said, I have not forgotten about the issue and if, a bit down the road, we might all be able to remedy the situation to everybody's benefit, I am all for that....to be continued.

edit: just to check myself...
    whiner, noun
    A person who habitually complains or grumbles

Yes, I am comfortable with my assessment that your original post was not justified, in my view. This term seems to work both ways anyway
    such as "original whiner" and "counter whiner".

back to game business...

16. Sparrowmint

Sparrowmint Chieftain

Nah, I have the regular version. The disc is even in the drive.

And nope, no mods. I don't have Solver's patch either or anything.

I guess I'll have to uninstall and reinstall BtS and see if that helps. Blah.

17. Marshall Thomas

Marshall Thomas Chieftain

Is there any way to play with more than 18 civs (or 18 civs with the ability to create colonies) with the new 3.13 patch? I've been using Lt. Bob's 40 civs modpack, but it doesn't work with the new 3.13 patch. I'd really like to start a new 18+ civs game tonight. Can anyone please help? Thanks in advance

18. Slobadog

Slobadog Chieftain

I never whined or whinged.

19. m4gill4

m4gill4 Chieftain

Argh, direct2drive....:twitch:

20. TopDog

TopDog Chieftain

Probably have to wait for a new build im afraid, hopefully wont take too long.

Also, someone said something about performance being increased, anyone else confirm this?