Civ4 BTS Patch v3.13 is up

Check the civilopedia for unit Privateer. Does blitz appear in the promotions options box? If not, uninstall and reinstall BtS. The civ version number should be 313.

Yes, I do have the privateer update. Thanks for the help. Still not sure what little thing I might be missing

I still get the movies crash, anyone else getting that?

Other than that everything seems to run great.

So after the first OOS error, player rejoins host computer. Now it's every 2-3 turns. Can we still play it if it keeps OOS'ing, even if we don't rejoin?

Check your "My Games\Beyond the Sword" folder (where save games etc. are stored). It should contain a folder called "Patch", which should contain the patch file.

Make sure that you are in Administrator mode when you run the patch. Otherwise you probably don't have the necessary permissions on Vista.

I appreciate the response. I actually ended up downloading the patch manually and then the patch 'found' the game on it's own and updated it. When I manually applied the patch it took. I'm still going to check where you indicated though because I hate it when I can't find a piece of software on my machine :cry:

Is anyone else having the issue where the patch refuses to install, saying it can detect no version of BTS?

"The setup has detected that no version of Sid Meier's Civilization IV - Beyond the Sword is installed.

This update requires that a previous version of the application be installed."

I've tried both downloading it from the website, and downloading it from within the program. I get the error both times.

(And no, this isn't the same problem as ASLVeteran had. I've also tried running it manually from within the My Games folder. Same error).

ETA - I never installed 3.03, so I thought maybe this might be the problem. So I downloaded 3.03 and get the same error. :rolleyes:

I see some fixes for colonies, but none of them seem to address this bug:

If you start a game with 18 civs, no colonies can be created (even if there are less civs in the game by the time you want to create a colony).

That's a little disappointing, since starting an 18-player game basically disables a significant portion of gameplay.

@ Entwood: You're welcome, dude. Dunno why the version number didn't update. Odd.

To benefit any players having the same problems as I had ("almost 3.1.3"), I could not figure it out, so I uninstalled BtS and reinstalled the game from the disks and obtained 3.13 thru the game and all seems well now.

I might add that I did have Blue Marble installed and the Scaling mod, plus maybe I changed something in MyGames INI. I had Solver's Patch, and was monkeying around with a Mod two, not exactly sure what I might have changed there.

"Just do it all over" seems to be a viable strategy. I had also previously uninstalled the GameSpy Comrade application and never filled out the original Registration forms, if any of this is relevant.

edit:
I also deleted my MyGames/Beyond the Sword folder prior to reinstalling (uninstalling does not clear this)....My few save games are gone but that was not important to me.

Is anyone else having the issue where the patch refuses to install, saying it can detect no version of BTS?

"The setup has detected that no version of Sid Meier's Civilization IV - Beyond the Sword is installed.

This update requires that a previous version of the application be installed."

I've tried both downloading it from the website, and downloading it from within the program. I get the error both times.

(And no, this isn't the same problem as ASLVeteran had. I've also tried running it manually from within the My Games folder. Same error).

ETA - I never installed 3.03, so I thought maybe this might be the problem. So I downloaded 3.03 and get the same error. :rolleyes:

You don't have a digital version (such as Direct2Drive) by any chance? If so, there's no version of the patch for it yet.

Otherwise, do you have any mods installed (i.e. anything other than vanilla BTS)?

Americans say Whine. Aussies say whinge...

Meanwhile, My comment was somewhat in jest, but automagically I'm called a wanker. So why don't I toss off another comment hmmm?

The sense of entitlement of some people never ceases to amaze me. Thank god my sons aren't raised to be spoiled little train wrecks of people.

Ok that's enough acidity for me on this subject. I'm back to my shift at Micky Dee's*

121 MB!! Whew, that patch is a humdinga... downloading now. Would love to play, but had a client with a 50GB Exchange Information Store have a server crater right to the ground... son of a!!!

Venger

Americans say Whine. Aussies say whinge...

Meanwhile, My comment was somewhat in jest, but automagically I'm called a wanker. So why don't I toss off another comment hmmm?

The sense of entitlement of some people never ceases to amaze me. Thank god my sons aren't raised to be spoiled little train wrecks of people.

Ok that's enough acidity for me on this subject. I'm back to my shift at Micky Dee's*

spoiled little train wrecks of people...ok
Don't Man. You started it. Whiners implies some sort of babyish complaining to me (maybe I'm wrong?) and I contend there was nothing of the sort. You are starting again...I am interested in mending fences...and not at all just because the patch has arrived...Like I said, I have not forgotten about the issue and if, a bit down the road, we might all be able to remedy the situation to everybody's benefit, I am all for that....to be continued.

edit: just to check myself...
whiner, noun
A person who habitually complains or grumbles

Yes, I am comfortable with my assessment that your original post was not justified, in my view. This term seems to work both ways anyway
such as "original whiner" and "counter whiner".

back to game business...

You don't have a digital version (such as Direct2Drive) by any chance? If so, there's no version of the patch for it yet.

Otherwise, do you have any mods installed (i.e. anything other than vanilla BTS)?

Nah, I have the regular version. The disc is even in the drive.

And nope, no mods. I don't have Solver's patch either or anything.

I guess I'll have to uninstall and reinstall BtS and see if that helps. Blah.

Is there any way to play with more than 18 civs (or 18 civs with the ability to create colonies) with the new 3.13 patch? I've been using Lt. Bob's 40 civs modpack, but it doesn't work with the new 3.13 patch. I'd really like to start a new 18+ civs game tonight. Can anyone please help? Thanks in advance

I never whined or whinged.

Is there any way to play with more than 18 civs (or 18 civs with the ability to create colonies) with the new 3.13 patch? I've been using Lt. Bob's 40 civs modpack, but it doesn't work with the new 3.13 patch. I'd really like to start a new 18+ civs game tonight. Can anyone please help? Thanks in advance

Probably have to wait for a new build im afraid, hopefully wont take too long.

Also, someone said something about performance being increased, anyone else confirm this?

Top Bottom