1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ4 BTS Patch v3.13 is up

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by MrDrizzt, Oct 4, 2007.

1. entwood

entwood Chieftain

Can somebody post a post-patch result, what it says for you on the ADVANCED, ABOUT THIS BUILD screen? Shouldn't it say 3.1.3 if the patch was installed correctly?

Edit: oops, sorry. I did not see a previous post. I will try again

2. Silence101

Silence101 Chieftain

That a good idea - thanks for the info!

3. Esgaro

Esgaro Chieftain

4. Tipz

Tipz Chieftain

Steam is updating!!! Hooray!

5. Alsark

Alsark Noble

So that would mean they last modified it, and therefore finished it on September 27th (unless there were required .XML edits that took place after that), but just decided to not release it until today. *Shrugs.* Whatever floats their boat, I guess. I'm just glad that it's finally out.

6. Bast

Bast Protector of Cats

Yes. They should be punished. :mad:

7. Magc8Ball

Magc8Ball Chieftain

Means a week for final testing after fixing whatever bug caused the previous one to "go bad", which sounds about right for a major patch like this one.

8. darkedone02

darkedone02 The Suggestor

Great, now how the hell can i prevent the multiple pop ups of "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT TO BUILD NEXT!" pop ups, I disabled the advisor's tips and also the sid tips, and still no jack...

9. Methos

Methos HoF Quattromaster Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Just a note:

10. Lord_Zath

Lord_Zath Chieftain

Mine also says 313 for version.

checking the civlopedia, the privateer does list Blitz as a promotion. So I guess it's in?

11. desemondez

desemondez Trance Addict

Downloading at 215 KB/sec all the way from Singapore .... <3 CFC

12. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

1. construct a queue in the city (shift-click on an item adds it to the end of the queue) [alt-click makes it repeat build the item (such as unit)]
    OR
    2. put the city on auto-build

13. Lord_Zath

Lord_Zath Chieftain

Same here.

14. entwood

entwood Chieftain

My build screen looks similar, but not exactly the same. Strange. Not sure if I should completely uninstall Bts and go-again. If anybody has a recommend, I would appreciate it.

The build version and build date are the same, but no 3.1.3 displayed. :confused:

15. CivAgamemnon

CivAgamemnon Chieftain

Check the civilopedia for unit Privateer. Does blitz appear in the promotions options box? If not, uninstall and reinstall BtS. The civ version number should be 313.

16. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Is there any hope for ppl stuck on Dial-up? 121megs! That will take several DAYs to D/L. :(

Could it be broken into 5 meg parts? Let's see 5meg D/ls take 20 minutes on my Dialup sooooo..... 121 divided by 5 = 24.2 D/Ls times 20 mins plus another 5 mins to refresh between D/ls = 484 mins + 120mins = 604 minutes! BUT that's only if the D/L speed stays a constant 4.08kbs! Now if it drops to 3.2 kbs my avg then .................................aaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

<sigh>

help.........

JosEPh :rolleyes

17. CivAgamemnon

CivAgamemnon Chieftain

Use a download manager, it'll take you several days, no way around that.

Alternatively, if you have a neighbor with broadband or there's a cybercafe in a nearby city, you could use that.

18. Dan Quale

Dan Quale Chieftain

I played a game on it or well part of a game, a great patch worth all the hype. I found myself dogpiled at 1300 bc by 4 civs immortal difficulty, the AI is definately a lot better, and they tech faster, unless my game is a fluke.

19. Slobadog

Slobadog Chieftain

Global warming haters might want to check their XML files. I think the patch set mine back to default.

One new feature i noticed.
    Scouts that have been put on automated explore will stop to heal when necessary.

20. Psyringe

Psyringe Scout

Actually, with patch sizes that big, it would be nice if Firaxis programmed the in-game updater in a way that it could resume broken downloads. Can it do that? (I have no idea.)

Otherwise, a download manager is your best bet. I extensively used one when I was still on dial-up. You won't regret using one, the Civ patch will probably not be the only large file on the internet that makes sense to download for you.