Civ4 BTS Patch v3.13 is up

Can somebody post a post-patch result, what it says for you on the ADVANCED, ABOUT THIS BUILD screen? Shouldn't it say 3.1.3 if the patch was installed correctly?

Edit: oops, sorry. I did not see a previous post. I will try again

Silence 101 i'm guessing the answer is Probably not, however your modded XML's should be in the custom assets folder, that way although the main XML will be overwritten, you can then tr the new main updated XML to your customer folder (make copy of old one in there) and then add the changes from your old XML to the new updated one, saves having to re-do the whole lot or miss out on any XML updates

That a good idea - thanks for the info!

Can somebody post a post-patch result, what it says for you on the ADVANCED, ABOUT THIS BUILD screen? Shouldn't it say 3.1.3 if the patch was installed correctly?

Edit: oops, sorry. I did not see a previous post. I will try again

Patching process worked fine. :goodjob: Off to playing a game now ...

Btw: Interestingly, the new exe is dated 09/27/07 ... :)

So that would mean they last modified it, and therefore finished it on September 27th (unless there were required .XML edits that took place after that), but just decided to not release it until today. *Shrugs.* Whatever floats their boat, I guess. I'm just glad that it's finally out.

So that would mean they last modified it, and therefore finished it on September 27th, but just decided to not release it until today. *Shrugs.* Whatever floats their boat, I guess. I'm just glad that it's finally out.

Means a week for final testing after fixing whatever bug caused the previous one to "go bad", which sounds about right for a major patch like this one.

Great, now how the hell can i prevent the multiple pop ups of "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT TO BUILD NEXT!" pop ups, I disabled the advisor's tips and also the sid tips, and still no jack...

Mine also says 313 for version.

checking the civlopedia, the privateer does list Blitz as a promotion. So I guess it's in?

Great, now how the hell can i prevent the multiple pop ups of "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT TO BUILD NEXT!" pop ups, I disabled the advisor's tips and also the sid tips, and still no jack...

1. construct a queue in the city (shift-click on an item adds it to the end of the queue) [alt-click makes it repeat build the item (such as unit)]
OR
2. put the city on auto-build

Multi-player games are not working well for me, with the new patch. I tried one, and we keep going out of sync with each other, even at the very start of the game. A reload fixes it temporarily, but it always happens again. This never happened before. Something tells me we are going to have a 3.13.1 soon.

Same here.

My build screen looks similar, but not exactly the same. Strange. Not sure if I should completely uninstall Bts and go-again. If anybody has a recommend, I would appreciate it.

The build version and build date are the same, but no 3.1.3 displayed. :confused:

Is there any hope for ppl stuck on Dial-up? 121megs! That will take several DAYs to D/L. :(

Could it be broken into 5 meg parts? Let's see 5meg D/ls take 20 minutes on my Dialup sooooo..... 121 divided by 5 = 24.2 D/Ls times 20 mins plus another 5 mins to refresh between D/ls = 484 mins + 120mins = 604 minutes! BUT that's only if the D/L speed stays a constant 4.08kbs! Now if it drops to 3.2 kbs my avg then .................................aaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

<sigh>

help.........

JosEPh :rolleyes

Use a download manager, it'll take you several days, no way around that.

Alternatively, if you have a neighbor with broadband or there's a cybercafe in a nearby city, you could use that.

I played a game on it or well part of a game, a great patch worth all the hype. I found myself dogpiled at 1300 bc by 4 civs immortal difficulty, the AI is definately a lot better, and they tech faster, unless my game is a fluke.

Global warming haters might want to check their XML files. I think the patch set mine back to default.

One new feature i noticed.
Scouts that have been put on automated explore will stop to heal when necessary.

Actually, with patch sizes that big, it would be nice if Firaxis programmed the in-game updater in a way that it could resume broken downloads. Can it do that? (I have no idea.)

Otherwise, a download manager is your best bet. I extensively used one when I was still on dial-up. You won't regret using one, the Civ patch will probably not be the only large file on the internet that makes sense to download for you.

Top Bottom