1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ4 BTS Patch v3.13 is up

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by MrDrizzt, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Troymk1

Troymk1 Chieftain

2. peter450

peter450 Chieftain

Silence 101 i'm guessing the answer is Probably not, however your modded XML's should be in the custom assets folder, that way although the main XML will be overwritten, you can then tr the new main updated XML to your customer folder (make copy of old one in there) and then add the changes from your old XML to the new updated one, saves having to re-do the whole lot or miss out on any XML updates

3. hossam

hossam Chieftain

i dont know where else to post so here goes how do you load an autosave game?

4. entwood

entwood Chieftain

You see, that statement is just totally unfair, and is one of the MAJOR reasons the whole issue was exacerbated (and you don't have to play with that word either).

I was in the process of trying to compose a note or a post (call it a post-mortem, and in a very positive way) and there is still such as this here.

No big deal but there was a heck of a lot more to 'it' than whiners (or whingers if this means something else)

Maybe nobody is interested due to patch excitement, but I have not really forgotten about the whole issue (in a fair and balanced way)...To be continued....a bit later...

5. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

On a side note, "whinger" isn't a word. Notice the little underline when you type it and your spell-check automagically tells you that you're an idiot.

"Whiner" (n) One who whines.

6. Dagta

Dagta Chieftain

My spellcheck underlines but it won't tell me I'm an idiot. I wish I had that feature. :sad:

7. ASL Veteran

ASL Veteran Chieftain

when I try to update the game from within the game it seems to download the patch but it doesn't install it. I'm running vista and I can't even find the damn game in explorer now. It doesn't seem to be in program files or windows.

8. Colossian

Colossian Chieftain

About 128MB!

9. MrPopov

MrPopov Chieftain

10. Lobsang1979

Lobsang1979 Chieftain

Whilst 'automagically' is ;) I love the irony...

Whinger is a slang term, used much more here in the U.K. (as a side note).

As for the patch, I have a little more waiting to do as I own the D2D version :lol:
    It's great that it's out though, BTS will hopefully feel a lot more polished now. Does anyone have any feedback as to the performance difference now that the patch has arrived? That was one of the main drawbacks of 3.03 for me... it just felt 'clunky', for lack of a better word, on my P4 system.

11. entwood

entwood Chieftain

after patching 'externally', from not within the game's updater, it still says 3.0.3 for me...

12. hossam

hossam Chieftain

plz answer my question anybody

13. Psyringe

Psyringe Scout

Check your "My Games\Beyond the Sword" folder (where save games etc. are stored). It should contain a folder called "Patch", which should contain the patch file.

Make sure that you are in Administrator mode when you run the patch. Otherwise you probably don't have the necessary permissions on Vista.

14. Lobsang1979

Lobsang1979 Chieftain

To load an autosave, go to Load game and browse until you find the Single folder. Then, within the Single folder, there should be another folder named Auto... look for your appropriate game within there.

15. entwood

entwood Chieftain

Then I get one back, the OP is a Wanker, and we call it even.

16. Psyringe

Psyringe Scout

Click on "Load Game" in the main menu. To the left there is a file navigator similar to the Windows Explorer. Inside the folder "single" there should be a folder called "auto", open that one, it contains your autosaves.

17. shaunthegreat

shaunthegreat Chieftain

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hossam View Post
    i dont know where else to post so here goes how do you load an autosave game?
    plz answer my question anybody

when you load the game, go to the appropriate folder, one of the sub-folders will be called "auto" I think. I'm not at home right now, so I can't verify the folder structure. it has a rather self-explainitory name though. then load the file you want.

18. Thunderfall

Thunderfall Administrator Administrator Moderator

19. Psyringe

Psyringe Scout

Install again, something probably malfunctioned. The "About This Build" popup shows my version as 3.13 after the patch.

20. Dutch Canuck

Dutch Canuck Khan of Flatlanders

This patch is good news IMHO. I've read every line in the OP's posted change lists and I can tell plenty of issues have been dealt with that I've seen people complained about in the bug threads.

However, programmers being human, I will wait a bit to see if there are no glaring oversights or new problems before doing the dl for my game. (I never bothered with 3.03! :)) That means everyone else here are my guinea pigs :satan: :lol: