Civ4 BTS Patch v3.13 is up

Silence 101 i'm guessing the answer is Probably not, however your modded XML's should be in the custom assets folder, that way although the main XML will be overwritten, you can then tr the new main updated XML to your customer folder (make copy of old one in there) and then add the changes from your old XML to the new updated one, saves having to re-do the whole lot or miss out on any XML updates

i dont know where else to post so here goes how do you load an autosave game?

Could all the whingers from the original thread be disallowed from downloading this for a week please?

Thanks!

You see, that statement is just totally unfair, and is one of the MAJOR reasons the whole issue was exacerbated (and you don't have to play with that word either).

I was in the process of trying to compose a note or a post (call it a post-mortem, and in a very positive way) and there is still such as this here.

No big deal but there was a heck of a lot more to 'it' than whiners (or whingers if this means something else)

Maybe nobody is interested due to patch excitement, but I have not really forgotten about the whole issue (in a fair and balanced way)...To be continued....a bit later...

On a side note, "whinger" isn't a word. Notice the little underline when you type it and your spell-check automagically tells you that you're an idiot.

"Whiner" (n) One who whines.

when I try to update the game from within the game it seems to download the patch but it doesn't install it. I'm running vista and I can't even find the damn game in explorer now. It doesn't seem to be in program files or windows.

Notice the little underline when you type it and your spell-check automagically tells you that you're an idiot.

Whilst 'automagically' is ;) I love the irony...

Whinger is a slang term, used much more here in the U.K. (as a side note).

As for the patch, I have a little more waiting to do as I own the D2D version :lol:
It's great that it's out though, BTS will hopefully feel a lot more polished now. Does anyone have any feedback as to the performance difference now that the patch has arrived? That was one of the main drawbacks of 3.03 for me... it just felt 'clunky', for lack of a better word, on my P4 system.

after patching 'externally', from not within the game's updater, it still says 3.0.3 for me...

when I try to update the game from within the game it seems to download the patch but it doesn't install it. I'm running vista and I can't even find the damn game in explorer now. It doesn't seem to be in program files or windows.

Check your "My Games\Beyond the Sword" folder (where save games etc. are stored). It should contain a folder called "Patch", which should contain the patch file.

Make sure that you are in Administrator mode when you run the patch. Otherwise you probably don't have the necessary permissions on Vista.

Click on "Load Game" in the main menu. To the left there is a file navigator similar to the Windows Explorer. Inside the folder "single" there should be a folder called "auto", open that one, it contains your autosaves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossam View Post
plz answer my question anybody

when you load the game, go to the appropriate folder, one of the sub-folders will be called "auto" I think. I'm not at home right now, so I can't verify the folder structure. it has a rather self-explainitory name though. then load the file you want.

This patch is good news IMHO. I've read every line in the OP's posted change lists and I can tell plenty of issues have been dealt with that I've seen people complained about in the bug threads.

However, programmers being human, I will wait a bit to see if there are no glaring oversights or new problems before doing the dl for my game. (I never bothered with 3.03! :)) That means everyone else here are my guinea pigs :satan: :lol:

Top Bottom