Civ4 GOTM55 Final Spoiler

1660 AD Culture, 30k

Cities:
Delhi (corn/pig) - 8 towns, Hermitage, 4 Cathedrals; 690 cpt + 1 GA
Bombay (copper/fish/wheat) - 2 towns, Oracle, Colossus, Sistine, Taj, 4 Cathedrals; 630 cpt + 3 GA
Madras (2fish/corn/pig) - NE; 190 cpt + 8 GA

Religions: Confu & Tao (founded); Budd & Christ (spread from Saladin)

Saladin, Mao & Peter were all Buddhist, the other continent was all Jewish. I invested in 5-6 Buddhist missionaries to convert Fred and make him a good war target. Didn't matter, though, as no one warred (Izzy went into war mode with 5-6t remaining, and Fred was by far her most likely target).

I struggled to even decide which cities to use in this game. Actually pre-built 2 settlers as late as 1000 AD, intending to get a third set of cathedrals in the 2sheep/clam city. But, I just gave up on that.

This is my second vanilla game this year, and I keep making micro mistakes due to the fact you can't switch builds once a chop is in. I had an absolute disaster with the NE build, delaying it some 10-15t. Also, I got a bit careless mid-game, and the city manager assigned a spec in my wonderspam city for a while, causing it to pop a useless prophet.

All in all, fun game. :)

Edit: Wow! Good job, HuginogMunin! :thumbsup:

1660 AD Culture, 30k
This is my second vanilla game this year, and I keep making micro mistakes due to the fact you can't switch builds once a chop is in.

Ah... so you didn't get any Great Generals either?!

:lol:

10 cities settled by 1AD

Adopted overseas religion

Took continent with Cavs

Built the UN

1640AD Diplomatic victory

As usual, I don't bother playing "xOTM style" so some funky errors, most prominent of which was probably saving up Lib and then losing it because I didn't pay attention :lol: (Could have got Physics, seems like a popular choice in this game). For some reason the F4 screen takes like 5x longer to load in Vanilla than in BtS, so I don't bother checking it that much in (G/W)oTMs.

First Spoiler
Spoiler :
Similar to those above.
No Religion on the continent for the longest time. Hoping for Taoism, but found in a distant land (500BC).
Peter finally founds Christianity (250BC), so maybe we all (Saladin, Peter, Mao and Asoka) will be able to adopt it.
2 turns from Great Library, only wonder for me.

Wandererd south and built capital on seaside hill with pigs and corn.
Sal beats me to gold site
2nd city to west (like everyone else) for fish and copper.
3rd to be GPF with 4 food and gold.
4th captured barb city S of furs.
5th to get marble and horses.

Also first to Alphabet and traded it around. Then Literature for GL and Monarchy for happiness.
No idea how I am going to win this game or if I even can. I feel I'm not very good, but y'all have very similar starts.
Except those bold enough to go to war. :hatsoff: I think I will wait for cannons.
Plan for Path forward: Civil Service, Paper, Liberalism, Nationalism, Taj Mahal (since I have marble).
I feel I'm not very good,
Turns out I can do OK as long as the AI doesn't attack me. ;)
Peter and I became BFF sharing Christianity. I stayed in Theology most of the game.
Hatty settled 2 cities on SE peninsula, a big pain as we never had open borders. I love having her in my games. She is such a sweety - I have no fear of her at all.

Captured Saladin's land with mucho Cavalry. Bribed Peter to attack Mao but delayed my attack too long: first 3 cities fell to my Cavs quickly but needed riflemen to help take last 3. (Peter took a couple chinese cities by his borders, but I beat him to the others).

Izzy and Mansa divided up Freddy's land. Izzy was very backward so I sent my cavalry, infantry and tanks to her lands. Next was Hatty. Lots and lots of tanks.

Mansa built UN in 1884, four turns before me. Won on first vote. I was ten votes short of haing enough votes on my own, but Peter was my best buddy so it was easy. Could probably have done it much sooner if had taken MM path instead of Industrialism; maybe I didn't need Hatty's land for the vote.

Settled SW of start, after seeing some PH and incense in the BFC, decided to leave the pigs for city 2. Turns out the pigs city also got the gold. City 3 next to copper.

Warrior found Saladin south, and Peter from the west, this confused me for some time. I didn't find the peninsula east until Saladin was almost dead.

Chopped/whipped Axes till the cows came home.

Was a bit annoyed as I thought i was going to make an 18th century date.

Great start, this was the first game that I play and win on a monach difficulty game.
Settled in the starting position, which proved to be a good decision. Settled my second city as a GP city to the east. Settled the third near coper and the fourt south to have acces to gold and corn. Got the barbarian city to the west with axes and gained acces to horses.
Then build many axes and cariots and rushed saladin completely. Recovered the economy for some time, rushed libraries and corthouses and then Killed Peter with a combination of catas, axes, swords and knights musketmens. Made Moscov my great production city with watermils and ironforges to get 1 of the most expensive unit every round. Recovered for some time and wipped Mao with catas, knights and riflemans to gain his 3 religion city with shrine and many wonders. Wipped catherine wich was way behin in tech and continualy pumped units while building some hospitals and airports. Wipped Mansa with about 40 air fighters and 40 tanks cannons and 40riflemen. Continualy pumped units, get scared by AI frederik and Hates building space victory components and intensified the conquest effort. Gained domniation victory and UN victory in the same round 1930... but chosen domination because of the great effort it took to get.
Very satisfying game for my first GOM game.

PS: Never been able to finish a wonder, never bothered about getting and spreading religion, took all from the AIs conquested :D

Btw, I was right about iron in starting BFC ))

Moved warrior south, saw pigs, settled on FP to grab both foods. Sword-rushed Sal, after adding some cats - Mao, then Peter (got cavalry by that time), then Hatty, Isabella and most of Fred when hit dom. limit.

Btw, I was right about iron in starting BFC ))
Actually, you were more correct then you knew!

Orginally, the game did put copper in the bfc. After reading what you wrote, I decided to go into WB and change it to Iron. :p

I was waiting to see if you said anything about it. :lol:

Orginally, the game did put copper in the bfc. After reading what you wrote, I decided to go into WB and change it to Iron. :p

Eeeeeeevil...

This is going to make people a bit more circumspect in what they say, or maybe the opposite, they will fish for favourable changes. :lol:

I am now starting to worry about the WOTM, I haven't started yet, but now I suspect the awesome start is made up for by no metal or complete isolation. :shifty:

This is going to make people a bit more circumspect in what they say, or maybe the opposite, they will fish for favourable changes. :lol:

I am now starting to worry about the WOTM, I haven't started yet, but now I suspect the awesome start is made up for by no metal or complete isolation. :shifty:
If, as a map maker, I can keep you guessing, and second guessing, that is all I can ever hope for! :D
If I fall into a predictable pattern, then it will be time :run:

Maybe resources are on one tile no sea food island. :p

Top Bottom