Civ4 patch 1.74 is released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mîtiu Ioan;5735516 said:
I belive in Windows/system or Windows/system32.

I did so - the game start to load necessary data ( splash windows displayed ) but ... it display at the end something like "Coulnd't load shared libraries ... ". Why ?

Regards

I've got the same error message in the same place. I've tried "everything";)
Had to reinstall and update to rev. 1.61... pls help us.

rgds
JaSo

its wierd how sometimes patches make game more buggy, well this is the 2nd one, Warrock (great mmofps) has been more buggy from latest patches :(
and also a problem with IP adresses happened (us in the UK turning to 79. etc) and we cant play yet they dont do anything grrr makes me mad :mad:

well i hope Civ4 patches dont mess it up anymore like WR :(
ive already seen more bugs which before this patch i never saw!

I've tried to patch and I'm getting the "An error (-5006 : 0x80070003) has occurred while running the set up..." bug. I've tried all help given in this thread, except uninstalling.
I can't be bothered with uninstalling and installing if buying BTS will fix the problem.
Will it?
:help: :badcomp:

I've tried to patch and I'm getting the "An error (-5006 : 0x80070003) has occurred while running the set up..." bug. I've tried all help given in this thread, except uninstalling.
I can't be bothered with uninstalling and installing if buying BTS will fix the problem.
Will it?
:help: :badcomp:

I had some free time today with the kids and wife out of town :rolleyes:
Googled the problem and it turned out to be an InstallShield related bug.
Went to their website and updated my InstallShield installations and now it actually works! :cool:

Hi,

Somehow, there is no more availability of "Continents" in "Select a Map" through regular "Play Now".

Well, I am not sure if this issue is after upgraded my game to 1.74, as I have recently installed some other mods too.

List of recent udgrades/ additions:
CIV - 1.74 Patch.
HOF-1.74.001.
HOF-1.74.SGOTM5.
Rhye's and Fall of Civilizations, to let you analyze the problem.

I don't remember if I did anything else that caused this issue.

Please Help me.

Bit of a belated reply but...

Why should it spend time going through every folder on every one of your hard drives when it could just check in one place where the information is usually always found?

Because that approach is insufficient - else there wouldn't be a problem.
It's a fair point that searching through an entire harddisk (or disks) for the main exe would take a lot longer than looking in the registry - and I understand why it defaults to a registry search - but to then assert that the game isn't' installed, when it clearly is, without at least giving the user a chance to point the install in the right direction is very annoying.

Hello,

After downloading update when prompted and trying to run install I get such message:
The setup have detected that no version of Sid Meier's Civilization 4 is installed.
This update requires that a previous version of the application be installed.

I bought game from gamestop.com. Also downloaded lates directx as sugested in this thread.

What should I do in this case?

I am having the same exact problem (I bought it from the same place). The gamestop website directs you to the patch on Gamespot, with same results. Iif I check for updates from within the game, it finds them and downloads them, but does not install. I tried re-installing the game, nothing seems to work. Please help.

Whoo-- just spent an hour tracking down a registry virus, then got onto this. The fix: Download DX June 2007 or whatever the file's name is, then save it. It _should_ ask you to extract it somewhere. (If it doesn't, you're screwed. Sorry. You'll have to ask an expert if it doesn't ask you [to extract], that's out of my league.) Now, go to your desktop, right-click, select 'new' then select 'folder' then name it as your please, then open the folder, select DXSETUP, and follow the install process, and you _should_ be able to play. Worked for me. I think it's something to do with an outdated DX, but it could just be my comp...... Anyway, good luck!

i can't believe that they are bringing the cossack even further down!

i can't believe that they are bringing the cossack even further down!

that change doesn't seem to have been actually made, even tho i see it in the notes. the civilopedia and the unitinfos.xml file both still include 50% mounted. but i am looking at 1.74, "about this build" proves that and the changes to marines/SAM infantry are included in my version.

i even triplechecked, since i did a dual install. my 1.61 vanilla does have marines/SAMs go obsolete, so obviously some of the changes in the notes did make it in. but from what i see in 1.74, the cossacks still have a 50% bonus vs. mounted. not that i mind, if i'm the one playing the Russians.

thanks for the info on the directx in post 24 Gyathaar, and about dual install elsewhere. i'm the queen of unfinished games i intend to go back to "real soon now", most of which have LMA, so i didn't want to just patch completely. but i did want to update vanilla and warlords for HoF purposes, even tho i don't have BtS yet. you helped me make two versions of each :).

I am having the same exact problem (I bought it from the same place). The gamestop website directs you to the patch on Gamespot, with same results. Iif I check for updates from within the game, it finds them and downloads them, but does not install. I tried re-installing the game, nothing seems to work. Please help.

Me too, please help. 2K's support said find the patch on Gamespot's website. I tell ya what I don't think I'll buy a game off the web again.

Haha, I thought "oh this is why AI never build nukes" and tried to download this, before I realized the patch was released a month ago. Say, at what difficulty do they normally use ICBM? I play at Prince right now and I've never seen them build one before.

I decided to go and get addicted again to Civ IV after a long break. I upgraded from version 1.0 (no patches) to latest version 1.74 from the game itself. I also upgraded all of my drivers with the help of Driver Detective. DirectX component(s) were upgraded from MS download pages.

How ever, the game seems to crash very often and in the late game, it is totally unplayable. Unfortunately I cannot compare to version 1.0 because I played only few rounds from the beginning. Currently I am trying single player game with huge land and epic speed. I have tried different graphical settings, but the game just keeps crashing. In early game, crashes seem to occur with 5-10 minute periods. Now around 1400AC, the game is totally unplayable. I cannot make a single turn without crash.

The game will crash in most cases when I move the map, when City builds something after the turn or randomly when some unit gets its turn and gets focused.

The crashes are in most cases total crashes so that the game just vanishes. Sometimes crash is caused from runtime error with "R6025 pure virtual function call" text from Civilization4.exe.

Any help or hints what to do?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Double posted this in here.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    48.1 KB · Views: 307
I decided to go and get addicted again to Civ IV after a long break. I upgraded from version 1.0 (no patches) to latest version 1.74 from the game itself. I also upgraded all of my drivers with the help of Driver Detective. DirectX component(s) were upgraded from MS download pages.

How ever, the game seems to crash very often and in the late game, it is totally unplayable. Unfortunately I cannot compare to version 1.0 because I played only few rounds from the beginning. Currently I am trying single player game with huge land and epic speed. I have tried different graphical settings, but the game just keeps crashing. In early game, crashes seem to occur with 5-10 minute periods. Now around 1400AC, the game is totally unplayable. I cannot make a single turn without crash.

The game will crash in most cases when I move the map, when City builds something after the turn or randomly when some unit gets its turn and gets focused.

The crashes are in most cases total crashes so that the game just vanishes. Sometimes crash is caused from runtime error with "R6025 pure virtual function call" text from Civilization4.exe.

Any help or hints what to do?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Double posted this in here.

Hello. I had problems similar to yours, but they were less dramatic. I had 1G of RAM at that time. I have not dared to go to 1.74 yet. I then bought another 1GB of RAM and things improved dramatically, but still unplayable for me. Where was it giving me trouble? Late game as you know. I play late game quite a great deal (I don't have BTS either). I was playing domination/conquest/cultural victories only combined with me pretty much not making any offensives until I got panzers. Anyway, the last problem I had, which I have encountered was when presumably the other nations had decided to launch nukes after I just did. My game had progressed IIRC to like 2050. I don't think there's enough memory in the world to make up the memory leaks and the late game crashes, but it does greatly reduce them along the way. Since I play so much late game, and pretty much hate the political and other wins, this basically forces my to win in late game. If it won't let me play till at least 2200, whether I first launch the nukes or not, there's no point in me playing the standard game. The only hope I have for CIV4 is perhaps a mod or scenario, but everything I have tried so far was quite horrible.

I do caution you however, that I have not played 1.74 and don't have BTS, so if you play with those conditions things might had got dramatically worse. In my case, I basically refused to tone down any of the graphics, but since I'm playing CIV3 again, I do have to wonder when there are that many more units out in the late game, if cutting down the units to one figurine only might help quite a bit. Even so, the en masse nuke retaliation problem I have ran into on a few occassions sounds like somethign that isn't a graphical problem in nature. I spent around $200 for that 1G of memory, and though it added to more playing time without problems, in the end it was pretty much a waste of money since I still couldn't play as late as I wanted to. At least it might help with other games a bit though, so not a total loss.

Sorry if the answer is there and I'm just too stoopid to find it, but I have a similar problem installing 1.74 that several people have described, but I haven't seen a solution to it listed yet. The only reason I care is because I'd like to play the GOTM.

I purchased the game on CD. I have installed Civ-IV, Warlords and BtS. When I launch Civ-IV, I got to Advanced, Check for Updates, and download the patch through the game. It downloads the huge honkin' file, tells me that the game has to restart to install the patch, then when Install Shield launches, it tells me that the is no version of Civ-IV installed on this machine. I did go to the Microsoft website and download the current version of DirectX, if that's relevant to this. I have the CD for the game in the drive while I install.

Does anybody have any idea what is actually causing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom