1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ4 Reimagined

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Team NP, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Team NP

Team NP Chieftain

Oh that sounds great :) We almost exclusively play on standard or quick gamespeed, so having someone test on marathon would be great. Also you should definately try out our recommended settings you find on the first page (Totestra mapscript on totestra size with new world and 18-20 players. Also no tech trading is very much encouraged for this mod). Having lots of opponents and not too much empty space on the map suits this mod very well because of the slower expansion and trade routes are very important to sustain your economy.

2. Gus Glenwell

Gus Glenwell Chieftain

Thanks again for the hard work! I had a great time playing your mod pack. Oh, and the AI is tough at war . . . settings for 5 games were marathon, Totestra, 19 players, emperor.

The short unit build times in marathon made for some heavy AI soldier spam, but would be just fine for warfare aggressive games.

I will revisit in near future and if I decide I want a full on military game I will definitely make this my go to mod. Much appreciated!

*** also, I have been a big fan of realism invictus but often times don't finish games simply because there are so many barbarians. I get tired around 300 turns. I found your barbarians to be better balanced. If i let them, they will take over, but if I stay smart and watch sentries they are manageable.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  3. BelaLugosi

BelaLugosi Chieftain

Hey guys I'm having a bug.

I'm running BTS 3.19 with Civ4 Reimagined 1.5 on Ubuntu 18.04, over wine obviously. I tried with wineprefix 64 bit and 32 bit.

Bonus tech for University with Scientific Method is giving me +% of espionage points, but it's overflowing the value (shows +522590328% per turn in 32 bit mode, and +540084000% in 64 bit). Now I'm double checking in 32 bit mode I keep getting different-but-similar values.

It's the only bug I found.

At first I thought it was just the tooltip, but when discovering Scientific Method it actually gave me that value.

I'm attaching a screenshot to show you.

I played Reimagined 1.5 version in Windows and I don't remember seeing this issue. My Windows PC died though so I can't check unfortunately.

I wanted to know if you can fix this, or if you know any workaround to this in Linux.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  4. Team NP

Team NP Chieftain

Thank you for the bug report. I already have an idea what could be the issue. Can you check if this happens in all of the following cases?
    - when you enter the civilopedia from the main menu
    - when starting a new game
    - when loading an already existing game

5. BelaLugosi

BelaLugosi Chieftain

I just checked, it happens in all cases.

6. keldath

keldath LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

hi,
    is this mod still being developed?

7. Team NP

Team NP Chieftain

Honestly at the moment the answer is no. We just have no time and motivation currently. But I would not rule out that we continue with this later (especially in winter ;) ).

Sorry for the late/no reply. I looked at this and I didn't find the issue so far unfortunately. We don't have any unix as well to test it which makes it a bit difficult. It seems like its some kind of faulty variable initialization but I just could not find the error. I might have a look again later.

8. keldath

keldath LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

well thanks for the answer,
    this one is a unique mod.

i do hope at some point it will be updated.

9. FakeShady

FakeShady Prince

Erm. Where did all the great people points go?

10. FakeShady

FakeShady Prince

Sorry for the above comment, I eventually realized I was using the civic autocracy, which reduces GPP to zero lol

I'm absolutely loving this mod. So much new stuff, it feels like exactly the way Civ4 should have been. I've spent the last few days doing nothing but staring at the new civopedia, scouring it for every last bit of synergy. The possibilities are endless!

My favourite part is how every type of economy is now viable, given the right situation. For instance in vanilla getting a seafood heavy start just means whipping troops out and conquering your neighbours for better land (aka your land is not feasible due to low production). With this mod now you can use Mercenaries and abuse your coastal commerce to buy troops! Seafood coasts are now playable :D Come medieval era you then face a dilemma: Stick with mercs, or go Levy and spam Castles for more food power and trade routes - but then delay Corporations/Custom Houses to maximize Castle benefits? ...Decisions!

Also.... Warrior Code Keshik Economy. Seriously, try this if you haven't!

Not sure I like the Spiritual changes and removing of Mysticism as starting tech changes. The race for Hinduism now feels so random: whereas previusly it was either Asoka, Hatshepsut or Monty, now it's Stalin Otto or Hannibal. It's kinda weird... but it's a small issue.

Overall it's still a really great mod, would love to see updates and actually got me playing civ4 again lol

Only real complaint would be, for some reason this mod allows using custom scenarios, but it doesn't as well. I can't seem to load any of the BTS Earth maps (18Civ, Earth1000AD etc) with this mod loaded. Shame cos not all players play the standard map generates. If only this mod can be used with custom scenarios, it would be perfect

jdevo and Imp. Knoedel like this.
  11. J C

J C Chieftain

I know this mod is no longer being worked on, but it is a fantastic mod. This mod brought me back to playing civ 4 for the first time in years. A quick question, though: Is the "capitulation" turned off? I can beat up the other civilization to an inch of itself (one city left and no military units left), and the other civs still won't capitulate. I wasn't sure if this was a bug or not.

Overall, great mod. Thanks.

12. FakeShady

FakeShady Prince

Civs capitulate, you just need to beat them moar

13. J C

J C Chieftain

I understand. I need moar powah!

14. FakeShady

FakeShady Prince

Anyone knows why no custom maps can be loaded with this mod?

It's quite ridiculous, even Worldbuilder saves made while using this mod, cannot be loaded with this mod. I'm serious, see for yourself lol. I'm not aware of any other mod that works like this. Anyone might know why?

15. Team NP

Team NP Chieftain

Hey, thanks for your praise. :c5happy:

Since AI evaluations were changed and improved, capitulation might happen at different times than what you are used to from BtS. However, they usually capitulate before they have only one city left.

Honestly, I have no idea why custom maps won't work, as we always use Totestra ourselves.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  16. Roadworx

Roadworx Chieftain

first of all, i just wanna say that i absolutely love this mod. thank you so so so much for developing it!

however, i do have two issues to report, the first being that i too am experiencing the issue with custom maps and scenarios not being playable with this mod. the second issue is that whenever i try to start a custom game outside of the ancient era while using totestra, i get a ctd during the loading screen. other than that though, the mod is absolutely incredible and i wanna thank you again for creating it :)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  17. Team NP

Team NP Chieftain

Thank you for your kind words. I finally looked into the issue again and found the problem. You can expect a new release today or tomorrow that will allow custom maps and late era starts. Cheers :)

18. Team NP

Team NP Chieftain

Civ4 Reimagined 1.5a

This update is savegame compatible to 1.5 savegames.

Download Civ4 Reimagined 1.5a

Fixes
    This patch fixes a crash that would occur when loading custom maps and scenarios or playing with advanced starts in later eras. Additionally it fixes an AI issue which caused the AI to mostly neglect the Pantheon civic.

A note on scenarios: You can now create your own scenarios without problems by using the Worldbuilder. If you want to use existing scenarios, they might need some editing before. It seems like player information has to be provided for every player slot (up to Team 31) else it will crash again while loading. This is how player informations look like for players who do not exist on the map:

BeginPlayer
    Team=31
    LeaderType=NONE
    CivType=NONE
    EndPlayer

If there are specific scenarios that you cannot get working with our mod, you can post them here and we can have a look. Have fun!

There is also further development into a version 1.6 with new features but we cannot promise anything since our time and motivation can drop very quickly again ;)

kaltruhe, jdevo, AbsintheRed and 3 others like this.
  19. Drakarska

Drakarska Epic Dadness

Interesting. Is the new update compatible with Platy's world builder?

20. Team NP

Team NP Chieftain

Probably, just try it out. I didn't test it.