Civ5 Complete manual?

Sven

Chieftain
After holding out for a few years I finally caved in and got Civ5 Complete. Since I downloaded it from Steam I wonder a little about the manuals.

Which are relevant? Is Brave New World's manual THE manual together with the main one? Do I need any others?

After holding out for a few years I finally caved in and got Civ5 Complete. Since I downloaded it from Steam I wonder a little about the manuals.

Which are relevant? Is Brave New World's manual THE manual together with the main one? Do I need any others?

I don't think there is a complete manual. The most complete you get is the in-game Civilopedia, but as much as I like CiV I have to admit, that its Civilopedia is way weaker than in previous games.

BNW is the last expansion. It contains all of the game-play elements of the vanilla game and the Gods & Kings expansion, with important changes to those elements. Too many to list, but examples are the revamped culture victory, with tourism, and trade routes (both very different from vanilla and G&K) and tinkering with religion (introduced in G&K) and combat mechanics and units (G&K did a major revamp from vanilla).

BNW does not contain all of the G&K civs or the G&K scenarios, but G&K is part of Complete, so you get them all, plus all of the DLCs except the last two map packs. So, load it all, make sure everything is enabled in the DLC menu on the main menu and you will play a full-featured BNW game. If you want to roll back to G&K, just disable BNW. To play vanilla (but why?), disable both expansions.

OK. I have yet to start playing it.

But is Brave New World the final version, including everything in the previous ones?

it was the last major expansion. Your Complete edition should include the last few map packs and the one scenario thing that came out after BNW.

Top Bottom