Civ5 & Earth maps

Shame on us who doubted you Rhye!

Though may I ask, are there going to be more rivers? As the last map
was missing several important rivers, such as those rivers in the middle
of siberia, the oder, one of the Danube Rivers, the Blue Nile, and another
river here and there.

But enough of that. I eagerly anticipate the completion of this map!

You doubt the will of God? Convert or die heretic!

What can I say? I'm use to people giving up on their projects after only afew tries.
Besides, I had converted LONG ago. (I listen to the RFC intro even when not
playing the game. I was saddened to hear it had been shortened.)

But as I said earlier, I eagerly anticipate the new map! And even more so
RFC for CiV

BTW, Rhye, aren't you worried about the upcoming min 3 tiles between cities change (Feb patch)? Is this moddable without the full SDK?

I wonder if the civ5 version of rhye's mod is still under development. There are no news about that for almost one year.

I would be very sad if the conversion has been abandoned as I never played civ4 vanilla aganin after I tried rhye's mod. civ5 wouldn't be worth playing without rhye's mod!

[WTN]Manhattan;11226375 said:
I wonder if the civ5 version of rhye's mod is still under development. There are no news about that for almost one year.

I would be very sad if the conversion has been abandoned as I never played civ4 vanilla aganin after I tried rhye's mod. civ5 wouldn't be worth playing without rhye's mod!

:agree:
The last news post on the wiki was made in January. Rhye still seems to be active, though. Glory to Him.:worship:

I don't know, i kind of didn't like the civ v :(( I'm still playing BTS RFC IV...

I'm like last person to saying this but, what about re-opening the civ iv development? It's great mod, but i believe there is still more or less space for improvements.

Actually I like some of the concepts of Civ5. It's a complete different game and can't be directly compared with Civ4.

However, I think Rhyes mod would improve Civ5 a lot so it would finally be worth playing. And the upcoming expansion seems to bring back some hardly missed concepts such as espionage. We shouldn't forget the Civ4 before BtS was also far away from the game it is today. Actually I can remember how awful it was right after the release, nearly unplayable. Comparing to that, Civ5 had a moderate start...

[WTN]Manhattan;11268571 said:
However, I think Rhyes mod would improve Civ5 a lot so it would finally be worth playing. And the upcoming expansion seems to bring back some hardly missed concepts such as espionage. We shouldn't forget the Civ4 before BtS was also far away from the game it is today. Actually I can remember how awful it was right after the release, nearly unplayable. Comparing to that, Civ5 had a moderate start...

Regarding the features, when releasing cIV, firaxis didn't have a time machine to check what stuff they would include in BtS. But while developing ciV, they did have BtS, didn't they?

Yeah, that's the main difference. Civ4 can't be blamed for excluding corporations, for example, because there were none in the Civ series previously. But Civ5 decided to be all high concept about the exclusion of religions, and only now they realized that they've made a mistake. So the main difference between BtS and Gods and Kings is that BtS told the community "this is Civ4 how it should be" while G&K said "this is Civ5 how he claimed it shouldn't be".

I think the additions of G&K, especially religion and espionage, make it more deserving of an RFC mod, though. I still won't like it because of 1UPT, but that's a matter of personal preference. Are there any updates on Firaxis plan to release the source code?

Yeah, that's the main difference. Civ4 can't be blamed for excluding corporations, for example, because there were none in the Civ series previously. But Civ5 decided to be all high concept about the exclusion of religions, and only now they realized that they've made a mistake. So the main difference between BtS and Gods and Kings is that BtS told the community "this is Civ4 how it should be" while G&K said "this is Civ5 how he claimed it shouldn't be".

I think the additions of G&K, especially religion and espionage, make it more deserving of an RFC mod, though. I still won't like it because of 1UPT, but that's a matter of personal preference. Are there any updates on Firaxis plan to release the source code?

I don't think I'll buy G&K. I anyway wasted a lot of money by buying ciV and the extra RAM, thinking it to be a good game.

I haven't bought Civ5 either ;)

Sad, but true. Maybe the expansion pack will improve the game, or in worst case civ vi :]

My prediction is that Civ5 will be the HOMM4 of the Civ series, if you get my meaning.

Top Bottom