Civ5 'Scrambled Continents' DLC available!

André Alfenaar;12872105 said:
I would like to play a game on a map with several continents, of which at least one is empty. Because I like colonization, but unlike a Terra map I do not want to start with all civs on 1 continent. Is this new small continents map something for me?

Terra is still the only map with a significant section of land set aside to have no major civs.

Small Continents (the original, or the Plus version) could work if you were willing to tone down the number of civs in the game. Try a Standard size with four civs, for instance, and some landmasses will be empty. Think of it as a Tiny size game with four civs, but double the land, and the extra is empty. That's about as close to what you're asking for as I can think of.

- Sirian

Thanks for your reply! I will try it out on a large map with some less than the standard number of civs.

It is not really clear to me what is 'plus' in the new map 'small continents plus', yet. But I will give it a try. I appreciate the effort you make in clarifying the new maps on this forum. :)

where are the basic maps stored for the DLC?

I would like to have the starting locations synched to the nation...

André Alfenaar;12875148 said:
Thanks for your reply! I will try it out on a large map with some less than the standard number of civs.

It is not really clear to me what is 'plus' in the new map 'small continents plus', yet. But I will give it a try. I appreciate the effort you make in clarifying the new maps on this forum. :)

I do this all the time - try a large/huge map and just cut the civs down. I hate being 'crowded' when playing a new game so I usually cut the civs down on my marathon/large-huge games.

Any word on scrambled nations? Even just more information etc...

Love scrambled continents plus...I've been trying to creep up the difficulties on duel maps, and have had some interesting, and fun results, ranging from one large island (almost) broken up in two to 2 very balanced, but realistic small conts requiring astro to cross

Any word on scrambled nations? Even just more information etc...

I believe it was released on Tuesday. Here's part of the blurb for it from Steam:

"Scrambled Nations map pack includes maps for the geographic regions of Canada, Australia, Japan, Scandinavia, Great Britain, France, Turkey, Italy, Russia and China."

- Sirian

I'm interested in getting this, but I've also really wanted to get the continents plus and pangea plus map scripts which are part of another DLC. If i had to pick one, which one should I go for?

scripts like amazon and sandstorm don't really appeal to me. I'm more interested in having landmasses on which to wage war over, as well as islands of varying sizes for colonization.

Top Bottom