1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ5 'Scrambled Continents' DLC available!

Discussion in 'News Updates' started by Camikaze, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Sirian

Sirian Civ Map Programmer

Terra is still the only map with a significant section of land set aside to have no major civs.

Small Continents (the original, or the Plus version) could work if you were willing to tone down the number of civs in the game. Try a Standard size with four civs, for instance, and some landmasses will be empty. Think of it as a Tiny size game with four civs, but double the land, and the extra is empty. That's about as close to what you're asking for as I can think of.

- Sirian

2. André Alfenaar

André Alfenaar Warlord

Thanks for your reply! I will try it out on a large map with some less than the standard number of civs.

It is not really clear to me what is 'plus' in the new map 'small continents plus', yet. But I will give it a try. I appreciate the effort you make in clarifying the new maps on this forum. :)

3. Lrd Dread

Lrd Dread Prince

where are the basic maps stored for the DLC?

I would like to have the starting locations synched to the nation...

4. Jimdigriz

Jimdigriz Prince

I do this all the time - try a large/huge map and just cut the civs down. I hate being 'crowded' when playing a new game so I usually cut the civs down on my marathon/large-huge games.

5. a1nosweat

a1nosweat Warlord

Any word on scrambled nations? Even just more information etc...

Love scrambled continents plus...I've been trying to creep up the difficulties on duel maps, and have had some interesting, and fun results, ranging from one large island (almost) broken up in two to 2 very balanced, but realistic small conts requiring astro to cross

6. Sirian

Sirian Civ Map Programmer

I believe it was released on Tuesday. Here's part of the blurb for it from Steam:

"Scrambled Nations map pack includes maps for the geographic regions of Canada, Australia, Japan, Scandinavia, Great Britain, France, Turkey, Italy, Russia and China."

- Sirian

7. dashwinner

dashwinner Prince

I'm interested in getting this, but I've also really wanted to get the continents plus and pangea plus map scripts which are part of another DLC. If i had to pick one, which one should I go for?

scripts like amazon and sandstorm don't really appeal to me. I'm more interested in having landmasses on which to wage war over, as well as islands of varying sizes for colonization.