Civ5 vs Civ6 - what each of those games did better?

what is dev's stubbornness with not taking inspiration from civ 5. I don't expect nor do I want civ 6 to be a carbon copy of civ 6 but I want them to take some good points of civ 5 and implement it here. But for some reason, they are determined to make civ 6 different as possible. I don't think this is first time we have raised how WC needs to be bit like civ 5-triggered by meeting all civs and have it take place in a civ that meet all civs- not have it take place in a mysterious void.

what is dev's stubbornness with not taking inspiration from civ 5. I don't expect nor do I want civ 6 to be a carbon copy of civ 6 but I want them to take some good points of civ 5 and implement it here. But for some reason, they are determined to make civ 6 different as possible. I don't think this is first time we have raised how WC needs to be bit like civ 5-triggered by meeting all civs and have it take place in a civ that meet all civs- not have it take place in a mysterious void.

1) They did re-implement a lot of mechanics from V, they just attempted to streamline them better (we can argue if this actually resulting in an improvement, but that's not quite the same).
2) They had every incentive to make VI as different as possible from V so that players of V would see a reason to buy VI in the first place. Why would anyone buy the same game twice?

1) They did re-implement a lot of mechanics from V, they just attempted to streamline them better (we can argue if this actually resulting in an improvement, but that's not quite the same).
2) They had every incentive to make VI as different as possible from V so that players of V would see a reason to buy VI in the first place. Why would anyone buy the same game twice?
They could have make WC similar to civ 5 one... with it triggering after Print tech and opened when one civ meets every civ. Why they made WC automatic is beyound me.

Random thought. Didn’t think it was worth its own thread.

What happened to Civ 5 Reformation Beliefs?

Civ 5 and Civ 6 Religion are very similar, as everyone knows. But one obvious differences is that in Civ 5 you had 5 potential beliefs (6 if you were Byzantium) but you only get 4 in Civ 6.

The “extra” belief was a Reformation Belief, that could only take once you’d unlock certain techs in the Piety Tree. Reformation Beliefs were focused on the late game, and let you do some very cool stuff like buy Industrial Buildings with Faith, send Spies to spread your Religion and other fun stuff.

I mean, overall, I think Civ 6 Religion works much better than Civ 5. It’s basically the same system, really, it’s just that Civ 6 Religion has more features and more balance iterations. But not having Reformation Beliefs any more seems like a pity to me.

Maybe Reformation Beliefs was just another thing FXS had planned for a Third Expansion, but then they decided to do NFP instead...?

Top Bottom