Civ6 for iPad

iPad Pro 12.9" Gen 2 (2017 edition)
So I am playing around with mods.
"Rule with Faith" EDIT (I got the old version 8 to work, go to older posts in that mods thread and you'll find the download link)
"Moar Units" works but with bugs, the units are naked and in a default standing pose/not animated (playable). If you add the "iOS" folder can then copy in the "BLPs" folder from the Windows directory, the models and animation actually seem to fully work!!!! I have found that if you copy the BLPs folder from the Mac directory, the models completely spaz out and you get artifacts the fill up the screen (unplayable).

I did the "retina 1" resolution trick mentioned earlier in the thread. It works great, the difference is that the textures aren't blurry any more, it's especially noticable on the mini-map. UI scale works too, but that's just for menu items, I would like to find a way to move the city center widget menu (where you choose production, buy with gold, buy tile, etc.) I'd like to move that over to the left a bit if that is possible???

I noticed that trying to enable (1) bloom or AO and it just defaults back to 0 and doesn't seem to work.

Can we get a full list of known console commands?

I'd love a hack to enable strategic view on iOS version.
I'd love a way to disable the company videos loading when you launch the game. (testing/fixing mods requires restarts)

Well, I've got my "Republic of Pirates" mod on the iPad and working. All except for the icons...... I tried what you said and added an iOS folder under Platforms and copied over the BLPs folder from the windows directory, but still no icons.

Everything else works on it though, which is very promising!

Funny seeing people go out and buy iPads just for this like its the first time Civ has been playable on a tablet? Why would you buy an iPad when if you buy a Surface Pro or similar PC tablet you don't have to buy the game twice, are guaranteed to have all new content / expansions available on release, and have the entire Steam library available to boot? (at least games that don't required a discrete GPU)

When playing for a culture victory there is a bug with some archaeology artifacts where one of the two options where you select the Civ that created the artifact is blank. If you select the blank option it then makes it impossible to theme your museum.

Last edited:
When playing for a culture victory there is a bug with some archaeology artifacts where one of the two options where you select the Civ that created the artifact is blank. If you select the blank option it then makes it impossible to theme your museum.
Yes lots of bugs. Blank means barbarians. Selecting works to swap seems a bit buggy too - it gets confused between taps, drags etc. But just like the desktop, you can’t swap until the museum is full. I’ve been able to swap artifacts in the iPad version after the museums are full. Or of course if you are able to choose artifacts in the first place that will give you the theming bonus without swapping, even better. The artifacts seem to be generated by actual in-game battles in the earlier part of the game. So if you extract artifacts from the same general area, they are often from the same era since they come from a specific battle / war.

Yes lots of bugs. Blank means barbarians.
Thanks, I hadn’t worked that out, knowing that will help me work around that bug.
Selecting works to swap seems a bit buggy too - it gets confused between taps, drags etc.
It does get a bit frustrating trying to work with artefacts in the great works screen but I get there eventually after a bit of trial and error.

I think Aspyr have done a pretty good job of adapting the game to the touch screen, hopefully they’ll fix some of the bugs soon in a patch.

Well, I've got my "Republic of Pirates" mod on the iPad and working. All except for the icons...... I tried what you said and added an iOS folder under Platforms and copied over the BLPs folder from the windows directory, but still no icons.

Everything else works on it though, which is very promising!

Is there a way to get this Pirates mod if you don't have the Steam version of the game?

Hi, I’ve played for years and just go VI on the iPad. Is there a way to see a list of all your units? Something where I can see that I have a swordman for example and click on it to have the screen move to it? Or do I have to search around the map to see what’s where? They used to have that option. Thanks!

Moderator Action: Merged with Civ6 for iPad thread. leif

Last edited by a moderator:
It's in a weird spot, but you can see a list. Select one of your units, for example a crossbowman. In the unit panel in the bottom right of the screen, look for the name of your unit, crossbowman. Click on that and a menu should appear allowing you to see all your units, to zoom to a unit, click on one of the units in that list.

Edit: this is for PC version, iPad version may be similar.

Attachments

• Republic of Pirates (kingchris20).7z
    20.3 MB · Views: 122
Hmmm...how does one look at the City State Quests?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Hmmm...how does one look at the City State Quests?

Sorry if this has been asked before.
For everything that’s a tool tip (viewed by hovering the pointer) in the desktop version, on the iPad you can long press (tap and hold). This also applies to city state quest icons wherever they appear. The ones in the city state list are tiny and fairly hard to hit, but it’s easier on the main map.

Ok. Thanks. I tried hovering before but it didn’t seem to work. Maybe my fingers are too big. :p

So my iOS/iPad version of the game's homescreen message has changed to "Civilization VI: Rise and Fall is out now. Will you become a leader for the ages?" But there is no way to actually buy the expansion (unless I'm missing something??)

So my iOS/iPad version of the game's homescreen message has changed to "Civilization VI: Rise and Fall is out now. Will you become a leader for the ages?" But there is no way to actually buy the expansion (unless I'm missing something??)
Most likely the message is just linked to the main game and not actually released for the iPad version, which is dumb imo, but what can you do

Load up Republic of Pirates after my current game is finished and then wait with fingers crossed for R&F....

Funny seeing people go out and buy iPads just for this like its the first time Civ has been playable on a tablet? Why would you buy an iPad when if you buy a Surface Pro or similar PC tablet you don't have to buy the game twice, are guaranteed to have all new content / expansions available on release, and have the entire Steam library available to boot? (at least games that don't required a discrete GPU)

I see your point. But there's the pricing to consider. I run Civ on my iPad mini 4, it costs $399 (in fact it cost me $0 since it's my work iPad), the cheapest Surface Pro is $1000 I think.

I would not get the iPad Pro over a Surface Pro for anything. But an iPad 2017 or Mini is way cheaper, if you don't need the other capabilities of a Surface tablet.

Top Bottom