Civ6 for iPad

Speaking from experience, I can attest that it did work early on on my Air 2 (albeit slowly) but stopped somewhere along the line with the expansions and/or patches.

Aspyr's support is immoral, although many cases similar to Mr./MissLuddfy have been reported, but nothing has been supported for over a year.

I can understand if it's an app made by an unnamed dev that I can buy for few dollars

Publishers with major titles like this ... well, it would be useless to contact Aspyr.

Just got myself an M1 iPad Pro 12.9". This thing's metal benchmark scores are insane compared to even the 2018 12.9" iPad Pro I've upgraded from. Anyone know how to turn the graphics details for the game up a bit to take better advantage of this iPad's graphics ability? I've tried changing Retina to 1 in AppOptions.txt and can't really see much change, tbh. I've also tried changing the terrain detail settings up a bit in GraphicsOptions.txt (having set both the modifiers for graphics and memory to -1 to enable changes) but all that happens is my game crashes.

Is there any way to actually increase the graphics fidelity to better take advantage of new hardware or are we forced to just accept the graphics as is? Anyone managed to up the graphics on a newer iPad successfully?

Thanks in advance!

I'd still love to play Civ 6 on iPad, but a new iPad Pro seems a bit much of a purchase just for Civ.

Anyone able to play on a recent model non-pro iPad? I might be willing to upgrade from my Air 2 to a current gen iPad.

It works fine on the newest-gen Air. BUT, there's no indication that Aspyr/Firaxis/2k still support it and absolutely no word on bringing the long-promised NFP. There's always the chance that the ext major iOS update breaks it entirely forever. I'd think twice unless available at a VERY deep discount.

Hi there community. I'm looking for the ipa file of the latest version of the game (1.2.0 as of today).
I'm following these instructions https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/civ6-for-ipad.625738/page-13#post-15163373 (thanks to Dave), but I can't reupload modified game because of that (I especially customized Farther zoom mod to work with the iPad version).
So If someone run a jailbroken iPad with Civilization, don't hesitate to decrypt the app and share the ipa for all of us :). Would be gratefull!
Thanks for the topic by the way, a lot of interesting message

Sorry, my iPad isn’t jail broken, so can’t help with that.

Meanwhile, is anyone able to actually access the debug menu when starting the game with the ~ key? I have an external keyboard plugged-in and the menu just won’t be brought up. I’ve even edited Enable Debug to 1 in appoptions.txt but no debug bar. Wanted to adjust the UI size, any ideas?

Also has anyone managed to up the graphics quality by tinkering with iExplorer? Cheers!

Please take a look at the last couple of posts in the “new frontier pass” thread… it does work, you just cannot see it. Just enter “ui scale 2” for example without the quotes after pressing the ~ key, Press the ~ key again, as always to close the degugger.

The graphics look fine to me and I also prefer to play on the iPad… so convenient.

Yes, you just need to edit the file with something like iExplorer and than press ~ (depending on keyboard layout). I personnally use Mocha Keyboard on my mac to emulate a bluetooth keyboard to do it.

I don't loose hope, if someone has a jailbroken iPad, can he upload the decrypted ipa here ? I would implement the auto ui scale 2 / retina on and the Farther Zoom directly within the ipa.
Like this, you just has to sign the ipa without do the trick every app start. I don't loose hope...

Please take a look at the last couple of posts in the “new frontier pass” thread… it does work, you just cannot see it. Just enter “ui scale 2” for example without the quotes after pressing the ~ key, Press the ~ key again, as always to close the degugger.

The graphics look fine to me and I also prefer to play on the iPad… so convenient.
So, hi, newbe to the forum here. Not long after the '21 update I stopped playing for a while so that's why my memory may be foggy on a few things.

What I do recall from before that update is that I used to be able to see the debugger, used to be able to use the escape key for pantheon exploits, and that I never had been able to use World Builder no matter what (I just figured it wasn't there on the iPad) and "support" never wrote me back about World Builder. Of course the app options were set. I seem to recall (but it has been a year) that with the debugger I may have had to manually put the cursor into the debuger's entry field ... "seem to" ... which brings up my problem:

I can tell that you are 100% right, that something changes when pressing the key with the tilde (but not shift+key to actually get tilde ... that doesn't seem to do anything with any keyboard) on it because, for example, the great people window doesn't come up when I press "o" ... but no matter what I type when I press "return" or "enter" nothing happens. No "ui scale 2" magic or anything.

... so is there some secret sauce that I'm missing? A way to know if the cursor is actually in the entry field or some other enter key the update version uses?

Did pantheon exploits break for you too?

Both the bluetooth and USB keyboard from the Mac (using an adapter) still work with other applications and most everything else with Civ6.

I'm using a 4th gen iPad Air with the current iOS and have no problems with mostty vanella Civ6.

Thanks for any efforts on my behalf.

Top Bottom