Civ6 GotM Suggestion thread

Have played almost all of the GOTM to this point, but just joined the forum today. Haven't felt that I could add much, so have just been a lurker. Enjoy the games a lot and look forward to their bi-monthly release! I appreciate the effort and thought put into each!

Could we establish or is there a thread somewhere where everyone could post interesting games we've created? I play lots of random games, some turn out fun, some not so, but have a few definitely worth sharing. Is there an appropriate place that already exists for this?

Could we establish or is there a thread somewhere where everyone could post interesting games we've created? I play lots of random games, some turn out fun, some not so, but have a few definitely worth sharing. Is there an appropriate place that already exists for this?
You may post them in the Stories & Let's Play forum. If you have discovered a new strategy or an interesting game play technique, you may also discuss this in the Strategy and Tips forum.

Should you discover something during a Game of the Month, please do not discuss it outside the spoiler threads until the fame closes at the end of its month's run. Thank you.

Would love to see a GOTM at easier difficulty on a Real world map. I play for fun but have really enjoyed getting better via GOTM and studying posting and the War Academy. We have some dedicated community gamers that are appreciated even if results aren't posted. Thanks all.

A question we are wrestling with. In the name of allowing as many as possible to play, we have been slow to jump to new versions unless it was an expansion. This really is a series of individual DLC packs. Thinking of putting up a poll to see what the community will do regarding purchasing the new pass.

Hi everyone and mister Leif Erikson especially!

I suggest laying down the configuration file alongside the first autosave.
So everybody could choose appropriate difficulty level.

(I badly need the original configuration file GOTM87 Tamar, if it is still possible.
Reasons: my Grandson and Granddaughter living in Georgia would be pleased to learn the Civilisation game using this marvelous map. Cfn I get it?)

Hi everyone and mister Leif Erikson especially!

I suggest laying down the configuration file alongside the first autosave.
So everybody could choose appropriate difficulty level.

(I badly need the original configuration file GOTM87 Tamar, if it is still possible.
Reasons: my Grandson and Granddaughter living in Georgia would be pleased to learn the Civilisation game using this marvelous map. Cfn I get it?)
The file save is the only configuration. There are people who have posted how to adjust the difficulty level on other 6otMs

While the game is active, we will not give out anything that may allow changes to the game save. If you need something specific, please start a conversation with me and do not hijack threads for other things. Thanks.

I would truly appreciate if we could have at least every second game not feature the season pass content. I understand people want to play with the new toys and that is totally fair. I think it would be a big shame however if all the people like me who haven't or won't buy the seasons pass could never play along anymore. I am already disincentivized from playing along because I have to disable all my mods and play the game in a completely different fashion. (saving and reloading are something I do every game, almost exclusively to test mechanics, not to gain an advantage or fix a mistake). I do accept the rules, even though I don't agree with them, but I think in the spirit of "community" it would be nice to be as inclusive as possible, not just to those that don't want to play/buy new civs, but to those who cannot, for monetary or other reasons :)

I think alternating between GS and Season Pass Civs would be a fair solution for everyone. What I'd really like to see would be another Domination game with a weak Civ, or a Deity Culture game with a Civ like Congo or Sweden. Science Victories are always welcome, too! :)

Thanks. We want to be as inclusive as we can while still meeting the expectations of the community. The problem with alternating is that the first of the month game is at lower difficulty while the middle of the month game is more difficult. Am working on the mid-month game that will include the Season Pass. After this one, think we will go back to GS as we have several more civs to schedule for a second game. Just have to remember to turn off the Season Pass content. :old: :eek:

For an insane game. Maya, Apocalypse, relatively low level; world age: old, coastal lowlands: following flatlands (can go 3 tiles inland); victory condition: domination; special rules: cannot capture any enemy capitals; may need to reroll until all AI build in coastal lowlands by setting it as small continents with high sea level and/or find other ways to kill those that are not in low lands. :D

For an insane game. Maya, Apocalypse, relatively low level; world age: old, coastal lowlands: following flatlands (can go 3 tiles inland); victory condition: domination; special rules: cannot capture any enemy capitals; may need to reroll until all AI build in coastal lowlands by setting it as small continents with high sea level and/or find other ways to kill those that are not in low lands. :D
while that sounds like fun, I don't think you can get a win with out capturing the enemy capitals

Can we please stick to standard size maps?

while that sounds like fun, I don't think you can get a win with out capturing the enemy capitals
Sadly true. I thought city centers could be destroyed with climate change flooding which would be fun, but sadly no. Appears that if a capital is destroyed by a comet you no longer need to take that one, but that is totally random. There is an achievement for being the only civ remaining after the comets start to fall.

I'm playing Civ 6 again after a long break. I would like to win a game with each leader, and I thought using GotM settings, even old, would be fun.

However, some leader don't offer much choices:
  • Saladin (my main request!), GotM 21 and 27 in vanilla were both Religious in Deity difficulty (I understand it was to test the new religious units layer patched in-between), nothing since then
  • Montezuma and Peter of Russia have got 2 different games in vanilla, nothing newer
  • Victoria, both GotM 13 (vanilla) and 42 (R&F) were Medieval era start
  • Teddy Roosevelt, 2 vanilla games and else only part of the multi-era start for GotM 50 (R&F) - but lot of replacements
  • Philip of Spain, only 1 vanilla game and part of the multi-era start for GotM 50, with the same VC
  • Harald of Norway, 2 vanilla games and since then only the recent one-city challenge for GotM 100
  • Gitarja (Indonesia), both GotM 49 (R&F) and 77 (GS) were Science in Immortal difficulty
  • From first DLCs, Australia, Macedon, Nubia only got 1 game
  • Chandragupta 2 games but only Domination (but India in general has more games with Gandhi), same for Shaka Zulu
  • Gengis Khan got 2 R&F games both in Prince difficulty, one being part of the multi-era start for GotM 50
Hope my research give you some ideas :)

I'm playing Civ 6 again after a long break. I would like to win a game with each leader, and I thought using GotM settings, even old, would be fun.

However, some leader don't offer much choices:
  • From first DLCs, Australia, Macedon, Nubia only got 1 game
Hope my research give you some ideas :)

Thanks for the great analysis! For the higher difficulty mid-month games, next few (with one exception) are focused on the idea similar to your eighth line of ones that haven't been played at higher difficulty level (Nubia, Macedonia, Mongolia; one of these three will be mid-March). Will definitely add in the others ideas like Saladin in a non-Religious game.

Top Bottom