1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ6 nominated for PC Game of the Year in the Golden Joystick Awards

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by SupremacyKing2, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Suho1004

Suho1004 Warlord

My first reaction upon reading this was similar to many above, but all of the analogies to MVP, gold medals, and the Nobel Prize are off in one important aspect: This is just a nomination, not an actual award. Supremacyking2 is closest to the mark:

The awards ceremony is held on 18 November, so the award won't actually be given until after Civ6 has been released. Of course, this doesn't change the fact that people are still voting now, but if Civ6 turns out to be an unmitigated disaster, chances are it will drop precipitously in the polls.

Ideally, the award would cover a year-long period that starts with the end of the previous voting period and ends at the end of the current voting period. Either that or the award ceremony should be moved to the beginning of next year.

I'm not saying it's not problematic, I'm just saying that it does make a certain sense, and it's not nearly as bad as Obama winning the Nobel Peace Prize.

2. anandus

anandus Errorist

Ah, yes, that is a very good point.

3. Big J Money

Big J Money Emperor

Can we wait until later to vote?

Can you imagine if this vote were taking place before No Man's Sky was released, and how many would have voted out of the hype :goodjob:

4. Alphons Rodulfo

Alphons Rodulfo weakling

Hopefully the third world war will go like this: the winner will be the one that has drafted the most original invasion plans.

5. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

dear god that ruined everything, didn't it?

6. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

Ooh! I've had my eye on that. How does it compare to its ancestors (Myst, Riven, etc)?

7. Ruthless4u

Ruthless4u Chieftain

As long as MOO or WOWS doesn't get it I'm happy.

8. SpoonyGundam

SpoonyGundam Chieftain

Undertale is a bit over a year old now, so it's also kind of a mystery how that made it in.

9. zobra

zobra Chieftain

Now that i see the list i realize how good this year have been for me and my gaming likes. By god thats some cool/awesome/loved games on that list. It's like this year has pandered to my nostalgia with old school rts and fps with sprinkles of originality. :goodjob: