Civ6 nominated for PC Game of the Year in the Golden Joystick Awards

Why do they list games not even out as an option?

Pretty much this.

Like, I'm sure I'm going to enjoy the game, etc. And there isn't likely any other entry on the list id support (I don't play many games) but it seems a bit hasty....

It is like nominating sportsman for the gold medal before the actual event...

I concur. I think it is lame that a game that hasn't even come out could be nominated for game of the year.

It's also guaranteed that all the sycophantic gaming media will give this a 90+ rating automatically.

Anyway, I definitely will not be voting for it. When it comes out, if it is as good as I think it will be, I'll vote for it. :)

What everyone else said. Giving this to civ VI is like giving Steph Curry the MVP award for the 2017 season. We think he's probably going to be very good, and have reason to believe he might win it, but until the season's happened, its a bit too early to give any awards for it.

As a side note, Undertale (amazing game) and Overwatch (heard its really good, haven't played it myself) are pretty strong contenders too. I don't really know anything about the rest on the list.

*Civ 6 nominated for game of the year.*
*Wins game of the year before release.*
*Releases to severe mediocrity.*

Not that I expect the latter two to occur, but the hastiness of the decision baffles me.

Only new game I've played this year is Obduction but I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I guess by default it'd get my vote if it was nominated.

xcom 2 was excellent. I've also got many hours into Stellaris.

I'd probably vote for Civ 6 once I played it but can't vote now.

Might as well nominate that "no man's sky", they all thought that game would be the best thing ever, too
It is nominated for game of the year, and the studio is nominated for studio of the year.

How did Sakura Shrine Girls and Nurse Love Addiction not make the list though? Unbelievable.

It is nominated for game of the year, and the studio is nominated for studio of the year.

How did Sakura Shrine Girls and Nurse Love Addiction not make the list though? Unbelievable.

Nurse Love Addiction looks really cute though! Got to put it on the list. For when I feel all lovey-dovey.

Top Bottom