CivAssist II

CivAssist II 30-Oct-2016

For people having problems with the mouse lagging (NOT the high memory usage), could you please confirm / try the following:

1.) Are you playing with archiving turned-on? If so, then please try turning it off (does this help?)
2.) In the Options screen check the option "disable hotkeys" option. (does this help?)

I have tried both of your suggestions and other things, but so far nothing has helped.

I just updated to your latest version v2.0.1975 , when ever I click refresh alert list I usually get a "unhandled exception error" I often use refresh because the alert list often won't give you the full alerts without it.

Also sometimes the program simply refuses to maximize. I assume its run out of memory to do so since it really move slowly sometimes. My specs are a 750athlong with 756mb ram and radeon 8500. This latest version seems to be noticably more memory intensive then the last one. Is this the version that saves city placement planning?

I don't know how to do that forum thing where text can be hidden, would someone please tell me how?
Spoiler :

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at f3.u()
at a4.a(c9 A_0)
at hg.b(c9 A_0)
at df.a()
at df.c(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573
CodeBase: file:///e:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
CivAssist
Assembly Version: 2.0.1975.30142
Win32 Version: 2.0.1975.30142
CodeBase: file:///E:/Program%20Files/CivAssist%20II/CivAssist.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///e:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///e:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///e:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///e:/windows/assembly/gac/accessibility/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this
application or machine (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine
rather than being handled by this dialog.

Ainwood

I can't do your test right now, but I'll try to test the mouse lag with the adjusted settings this evening (now + 10 hours).

TruePurple said:
I just updated to your latest version v2.0.1975 , when ever I click refresh alert list I usually get a "unhandled exception error" I often use refresh because the alert list often won't give you the full alerts without it.
Can you send me a save? (And when it gave you the error, did it try to e-mail us the save anyway?) Please e-mail to civassist@gotm.civfanatics.net.

Also sometimes the program simply refuses to maximize. I assume its run out of memory to do so since it really move slowly sometimes. My specs are a 750athlong with 756mb ram and radeon 8500. This latest version seems to be noticably more memory intensive then the last one. Is this the version that saves city placement planning?
Not sure why this is. No - this version does not save city locations - that will be in the next version.

ainwood said:
Did you restart CivAssist afterwards? Disabling the hotkeys requires CivAssist to be restarted.

I restarted civ assist a number of times. Restarting would temp fix the unable to maximize issue it but the problem would soon crop up again. I never disabled any hot keys. Restarting never fixed the refresh error problem.

ainwood said:
Can you send me a save? (And when it gave you the error, did it try to e-mail us the save anyway?) Please e-mail to civassist@gotm.civfanatics.net

A save of the game I am playing when I get the error? I think it does it with any and all games but not sure, been mostly playing one specific game.

TruePurple said:
A save of the game I am playing when I get the error? I think it does it with any and all games but not sure, been mostly playing one specific game.
Well, we really need specific save games with specific errors to make the diagnosis of errors much easier - so next time you get an error, please e-mail it to us!

Well, a little later than anticipated, but I tried your suggestions.

First, archiving was off!
Second, I disabled the hotkeys and restarted CivAssist II (I did all this before starting up Civ).

This apparently helped somehow. I played for at least 30 minutes and I had no performance issues this time.

I'll keep on playing with these settings and report if anything changes performance wise.

Thanks! (twice - first for the tool :D :goodjob: )

I don't know for sure where it came from, but my system picked up a worm apparently sometime between installing CA2 and now. If you have antivirus, a scan would be a good idea. Hopefully it is not related so don't panic! but worms and other infections often have unexplained poor performance as one symptom.

Don't know if these have been asked already:

1) I have multiple versions of Civ loaded in different directories/folders on my machine. I can manually load any save file from these other folders, but it will not automatically update each turn. Is there a place to set the directory to the autosaves?

2) Can you read saves created using MapStat to build the minimap animated files?

DaveShack said:
I don't know for sure where it came from, but my system picked up a worm apparently sometime between installing CA2 and now. If you have antivirus, a scan would be a good idea. Hopefully it is not related so don't panic! but worms and other infections often have unexplained poor performance as one symptom.

I have had CivAssist II installed for a few weeks now, and run scans every other day, and I can say I have never gotten a worm. Sorry to say, it was most likely your fault.

Re: Gator's Questions, I'll let others answer them, as I'm not sure.

FYI, "Disable Hotkeys" fixed my mouse-lag.

DaveShack said:

Good news, it attempted to infect CA2 (probably an affinity for .NET based programs) but was not successful on this or any other program on the system because the antivirus / firewall prevented it. CA2 did crash as a result but that is to be expected when a hacker's [expletive deleted] tries to RPC into somewhere it shouldn't go. ;)

Apparently the problem with the green lines in the world map is directly related to Snoopy's terrain. I downloaded and overwrote my Art directory with Meteorpunche's Greener terrain and the problem went away. So apparently one of his files overwrote the one/s that were causing the problem.

Thought I'd let you know.

DJMGator13 said:
Don't know if these have been asked already:

1) I have multiple versions of Civ loaded in different directories/folders on my machine. I can manually load any save file from these other folders, but it will not automatically update each turn. Is there a place to set the directory to the autosaves?
Indirectly. In the 'options' tab, you cna use the 'install path override' function to set the parent directory for the other installs. It will automatically scan from that location through the subdirectories and auto-load anything in a 'saves' or 'saves\autosaves\ subfolder. Eg:

If you have save files in "d:\games\Civ\saves\autosaves\" then setting the install path over-ride to "D:\games\Civ\" will work.

2) Can you read saves created using MapStat to build the minimap animated files?
I've never tried (and can't check at the moment).

If you have the mapstat saves archived to (say) "C:\Archives", with subdirectories for each game, try using the options tab to set the archive directory to C:\archives. This might work - if it doesn't, we can make it so that it will. :)

I'm glad that people are fixing the issues with the terrain, and also that disabling the hotkeys has fixed the performance lag. Tomas has been working on another way of implementing the hotkeys, which doesn't require a windows hook, so it should be better. :)

i just downloaded civassit and I want to know how to make them cool minimap animations and also would like a link about how you use it. I think this is the right room to post this thread in, if it isnt well sorry. Any help greatly aprecciated :D .

Jay said:
i just downloaded civassit and I want to know how to make them cool minimap animations and also would like a link about how you use it. I think this is the right room to post this thread in, if it isnt well sorry. Any help greatly aprecciated :D .
Ok - the 'general' how to use it is written here.

In terms of the minimap animations:

Start CivAssist, and click on 'options'. There is a button on the 'options' tab that you can use to select a directory for archiving. Choose one.

Then play the civ. As the game is played, all the saves will be stored in the archives directory.

At the end, choose 'archive' from civassist. You will get a list of all archived games - select one, and you'll get a list of all saves. Select the first, and hit "ok", to load this game into CivAssist.

Go to the 'world map' view. Right-click on the mini-map in the bottom-left, and choose 'export multiple minimaps'. Hopefully, the form that then comes-up is fairly self-explanatory. Just select the files you want to add, the time delay per frame, and hit 'export'. :)

Note - yo can change the export file location using the button at the top-right of the export-file form.

Top Bottom