CivBE gameplay at Gamescom on Thursday and Friday!

I really like the look of the IGN demo. The quotes for both affinities and technologies should be incredibly interesting, and I could not help but also notice the effect of the planetary sensors. If you saw the mini map, you can see the outline of the continents as well as where other civs landed relative to one's location quite clearly. I am happy that they have a little bit of different appearances for units as well, based on upgrades. Diplomacy looks like Civilization V, but it could be a whole different kind of animal with the options they have added.

I guess the second option is more likely (+2 culture in the capital only, as these bonuses are supposed to be more relevant in the early game).

For Kavitha's UA, I think/hope it's going to be "choose 1 free affinity after something". The Prophet's Work can't wait, after all.

I guess the second option is more likely (+2 culture in the capital only, as these bonuses are supposed to be more relevant in the early game).

For Kavitha's UA, I think/hope it's going to be "choose 1 free affinity after something". The Prophet's Work can't wait, after all.

Probably (an earlier one with Kavitha only had +1 culture... and had +5 instead of +3 science to begin with same as Brasilia... indicating Scientists are +2 science in the Capital city)

As for a Free Affinity... that seems Slightly Militaristic (although it is possible) Perhaps some relationship between Health/Growth and Affinities (highest Affinity level gives Growth Bonus...Assuming they want it to go tall)

the more i see of that CIVBE, the more i feel like october 24th is way too far from now.

I'm especially interested in the "favor" mecanics regarding AI diplomacy. I hope it might help fixing some of the weird the AI pull up in Civ V.

Actually, i have no doubt this game will have a very interesting and long lasting mecanic. The main thing i expect is a real hard work on the AI

Maybe the Kavitha Protectorate UA works the other way around, gain culture, science and health equal two three times the affinity level of the affinity you have the least in.

Making them more diverse and less militaristic

I think Firaxis would be better off using a saved game at say turn 100 rather than showing the early game at turn 1 when they do these public demos. The truth is that if you want to get newbies to be interested in civ, you gotta show them something exciting like a Purity Mech conquering a city. Showing people turn 1 where all you are doing is moving an explorer around, is not going to get new players fired up. There is a reason why First Person Shooter demos always showcase the exciting firefight in mission 10 rather than mission 1 tutorial where the player just has to learn to move and pick objects up.

They need canned recorded footage of gameplay showcasing interesting aspects of the game at different stages. Like that, no risk, maximum control, maximum impact. If someone asks to see the game live, you can always start with the explorer in turn 1.

Maybe the Kavitha Protectorate UA works the other way around, gain culture, science and health equal two three times the affinity level of the affinity you have the least in.

Making them more diverse and less militaristic

No, Kavitha's visions are resolute and the Prophet's Work cannot be delayed ;)

But seriously, anything is possible right now. I just hope it has something to do with Affinities, it really fits the Protectorate, thematically at least.

I think the KP's faction bonus should be "Affinity related techs give +x affinity points"

Except thats already a virtue... and fairly bland.

Bonus From affinity would be more interesting (+ culture, health, growth from Affinity levels... All affinity levels)
Maybe every affinity level gives 2 affinity exp to the Other Affinities.

Here is some interesting vid from Gamescon 2014, including Speaking Supremacy Kozlov!

Link to video.

Moderator Action: Fixed Youtube link

According to this, Kozlov's full name is Vadim Petrovich Kozlov.

what's up with the weird voice over? I guess it is only there for the trailer, or is this new advisor system :)??

I think it's just for the trailer.
It strongly reminds me of the Adjutant from Starcraft.

"Давайте охраним нашу землю, не будем ей [...]"
"Let's defend our land, let's not [didn't get this part]"
Looks either like broken Russian or some other Slavic language to me. (Since I don't really know other slavic languages they all sound like "broken Russian" to me) With some suspension of disbelief I guess I could accept that it's the future language of the Slavic Federation that is sort of a mix and evolution of multiple Slavic languages.
Weird thing is, he looks and sounds like "let's defend our land" is addressed to the player, lol. In other words, doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.
I didn't get his greeting either.

"Давайте охраним нашу землю, не будем ей [...]"
"Let's defend our land, let's not [didn't get this part]"
Looks either like broken Russian or some other Slavic language to me. (Since I don't really know other slavic languages they all sound like "broken Russian" to me) With some suspension of disbelief I guess I could accept that it's the future language of the Slavic Federation that is sort of a mix and evolution of multiple Slavic languages.
Weird thing is, he looks and sounds like "let's defend our land" is addressed to the player, lol. In other words, doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.
I didn't get his greeting either.

Back on May there was an article complaining about Kozlov's Russian as well. They also said something about his greeting: http://www.igromania.ru/articles/229836/Civilization_Beyond_Earth.htm

I hope this Kozlov is in early stages of Supremacy and not late.
I want more METAL!!!

Top Bottom