CivBE's soundtrack is fantastic

It sure is; I still listen to it often. I'm really looking forward to adding Civ6's tunes to my collection too.

But listening to them also takes me back into that world and its story and makes me sad that it never received a 2nd expansion. I only have a small glimmer of hope that maybe the last expansion was extended/postponed and will be announced early next year, to work around Civ6 and because the game really needs the additional fixing/polish. (I think the messy Civ5 release didn't receive its first expansion for two years as well.)

If XCOM2 is on the one-year schedule, we'll get its expansion roughly around February, I think. Then, BE's expansion pack can be released sometime in the summer. Then, Civ6's first expansion can be released during the fall. Firaxis goodness all year round!

I love the soundtrack when playing the game. It really lulls you into that feeling of being part of a strange, alien planet, especially when using headphones.

Really can't listen to it while not playing the game though. :D And it's missing a fast-moving war theme.

I enjoy listening to it even when not in game, and there are several decently intense pieces :) I'd never say no to more fast-paced war themes though, never enough of them as it is.

I don't have high hopes for a 2nd expansion :( but perhaps some of the total overhaul mods will breathe new life into the game...

It certainly is. Civ 5 had an awesome OST as well, but BE is great in a completely different dystopian future kind of way.

Yeah I love it, added it to my Spotify playlist when the game came out. I now listen to it more than I still play the game. Even listen to it while playing civ 5 sometimes.

It's possibly one of the best soundtracks of any video game out there.

The true measure of a soundtrack is if people can feel the emotion behind it WITHOUT having played the game or seen the movie. Beyond Earth's soundtrack does that (I've played it to people who have not played the game).

Top Bottom