1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

CivBE's soundtrack is fantastic

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by thecrazyscot, Sep 20, 2016.

1. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

For all BE's faults, its soundtrack is excellent.

2. Barathor

Barathor Chieftain

It sure is; I still listen to it often. I'm really looking forward to adding Civ6's tunes to my collection too.

But listening to them also takes me back into that world and its story and makes me sad that it never received a 2nd expansion. I only have a small glimmer of hope that maybe the last expansion was extended/postponed and will be announced early next year, to work around Civ6 and because the game really needs the additional fixing/polish. (I think the messy Civ5 release didn't receive its first expansion for two years as well.)

If XCOM2 is on the one-year schedule, we'll get its expansion roughly around February, I think. Then, BE's expansion pack can be released sometime in the summer. Then, Civ6's first expansion can be released during the fall. Firaxis goodness all year round!

3. Valessa

Valessa Communistress

I love the soundtrack when playing the game. It really lulls you into that feeling of being part of a strange, alien planet, especially when using headphones.

Really can't listen to it while not playing the game though. :D And it's missing a fast-moving war theme.

4. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

I enjoy listening to it even when not in game, and there are several decently intense pieces :) I'd never say no to more fast-paced war themes though, never enough of them as it is.

I don't have high hopes for a 2nd expansion :( but perhaps some of the total overhaul mods will breathe new life into the game...

5. Mount Suribachi

Mount Suribachi Chieftain

It certainly is. Civ 5 had an awesome OST as well, but BE is great in a completely different dystopian future kind of way.

6. Japper007

Japper007 Chieftain

Yeah I love it, added it to my Spotify playlist when the game came out. I now listen to it more than I still play the game. Even listen to it while playing civ 5 sometimes.

7. SahintheFalcon

SahintheFalcon Chieftain

It's possibly one of the best soundtracks of any video game out there.

The true measure of a soundtrack is if people can feel the emotion behind it WITHOUT having played the game or seen the movie. Beyond Earth's soundtrack does that (I've played it to people who have not played the game).