Civfanatics.net has been dugg!

Dr. Yoshi

Emperor of the Universe
What does this mean? :) I've heard of digging a site before, but I still don't know what it means or what it is about.

Digg.com has been Civfanaticked!

It's on site feedback too. This will definitely bring down digg.com for a while due to increased traffic. The civfanatic effect is pretty much a non-malicious DDoS attack.

In case anyone doesn't like clicking on evil links here's the map he is talking about. It's a big one.

What i don't understand is why the link has "civfanatics" in it ?

I'm guessing you think people from that site will notice this and come to our site (?) Or what

It's on the front page too. This will definitely bring down civfanatics.net for a while due to increased traffic. The digg effect is pretty much a non-malicious DDoS attack.

It's on site feedback too. This will definitely bring down digg.com for a while due to increased traffic. The civfanatic effect is pretty much a non-malicious DDoS attack.

Out of curiosity, did you [DaveMcW] mean to post almost exactly like the Dr.?

Edit: Apparently there's no mods online atm, as I was going to point them this way.

I'm simply giving everyone a heads up as to why civfanatics.net has slowed down today. Am I the only one who has had files hosted on civfanatics.net load noticeably slower?

I wonder who uploaded it. :)

Anyway, it shouldn't be problem in terms of bandwidth, though I did re-save that file to reduce the file size.

Poor Thunderfall, all those digg commentors aren't really appreciating it at all. :p They're actually being kind of rude.

Oh well. Congrats to CFC, I guess.
*submits the babe threads and wait for them to reach the front page*

So the digg effect's replaced the Slashdot effect?

Too bad...

Top Bottom