Civic rebalancing

Oo look I found a reference! ;) I'm not buying the paperback though :p

Good, I think this civics set should be a big improvement.. I've been wondering whether we should add a unique econ civic for the Old Ones state religion, partly based on the lizard civs' Lost Lands in Fall Further. Their version gives a +0.5 to :) from Deep Jungle tiles, some increase to maint cost for distance and cities, no foreign trade routes but +2 extra internal trade routes/city with some bonus food and hammer yields from trade (seems complex but is meant to represent an insular empire with labor shared between cities.) Would part or all of this make sense for Lustrians and/or Amazons?

Heh. Even just reading the introduction - struggling to stay awake.

Lost lands is a possibility for Lustrians or Amazons. I'd wait for some of the balancing before implementing it; it used to be insanely strong, I think Vehem has weakened it somewhat but I haven't tried it yet.

It basically gives a huge hammer and food bonus to all your cities at the cost of some commerce. Particularly nasty if you have a bunch of coastal cities and the great lighthouse.
This civic would if anything be even stronger in Warhammer because of incentives to not open borders (because then they'll spread their religion to you), so the loss of foreign trade routes is less painful.

However, you could put it in the same line as the other powerful stat boosters - clansmanship, serfdom etc. Civics are currently much more powerful in this mod than in FFH, so a powerful civic like lost lands isn't so powerful if you lose the opportunity to adopt another powerful civic instead.

Heh. Even just reading the introduction - struggling to stay awake.

Really? It seemed as new a miracle as the first crocus! Though I suppose its roots take hold too firmly (this side the classics) on the kingdom of the dead ;):rolleyes:

you want a powerfull Civic?

Immortal Graveyard

10% chance a random Zombie or Skeleton spawns in a city with a Graveyard with 1 free promotion (10% check on each city that has Graveyard)

"Rise my minions rise."

Well, for one thing its bad grammar.

haha oh :p i suck at grammar and english is ploeps second language so there ya go :p. any other prefered suggestions then?

It has potential. So grassland farms then have 5 food 1 hammer with irrigation. Still seems high, but....

I'd like to try playtesting it.

It does mean that you have to significantly boost the strength of the other civics in the same line as agriculture. +1 food from farms is very very powerful, and this will make agriculture a no brainer if the other civics aren't equally strong.

I definitely support pushing it back tech-wise. +1 food from farms at an initial tech was one of the worst design decisions in FFH.

hmmm might implement that for now and see how it goes.

can someone please DL and test the civic changes i uploaded here? for some reason it comes up with an XML error on the first line of any xml file i change :confused:

EDIT: i conducted a ltitle experiment. i loaded the game with the extracted civic.xml file, it loaded fine. i then opened that file, saved it wihout making any changes and loaded it again, and i got the same error. heres the error: i cant make head nor tail of whats wrong... must be something to do with the program i use to save it with? never used to have this issue...

Attachments

• error 1.jpg
    error 1.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 62
@PL, that has happened to me before. From when it happened last, the XML file was encoded somehow. Beyond that I dont know. SInce you use a program to save it, which one? The one I use, XML Editor has never had that problem. If you want I can find the link so you can try that. Just out of curiosity, are you using Vista?

im just uding notepad on a vista machine Ajidica. if you could link me to a XML Editor dowload link i would be MOST grateful :) i hope its that simple :(

but whats strange is that i tried editing some FfH files so see if the same thing happend, and my changes worked fine :confused: very odd...

good news guys. the new XML editor fixed my problem :)

i did some more Civic editing, changed a few things around (ie, made mysticism stronger (+1 health from healer shanty and herbalist)

i also added in new art for the oak of ages and shrine of khaine.

nice that the XML editor worked. using notepad can cause some funny things. I real bonus with XML editor is that it tells you if you have an error and there are a bunch of insert functions that seem useful, but I have never got around to using them.

Top Bottom