1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civics and Reforms

Discussion in 'Mods Repository' started by Enginseer, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Aldebaran1997

Aldebaran1997 Chieftain

Oh, I'm really looking forward to playing with new batch of civics.:)

Well, corruption, one of the crime types, still decrease gold output from cities, but most of crimes decrease other yields.
    And many of buildings increases crime rather than gold maintenance. (Accept CBO-only like Council or Herbalist.)
    But now it's okay. JFD's CiD has many problems with EUI and I just give it up. So don't mind it.;)

Always many thanks for your effort!:goodjob:

2. Aldebaran1997

Aldebaran1997 Chieftain

It seems that Bureaucracy's capital bonus doesn't work.

3. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

good catch. It was giving the capital bonuses to a beta testing building. I'll release it along with the version 3 release.

4. Enginseer

Version 3

5. thunderbird_14

thunderbird_14 Chieftain

6. Aldebaran1997

Aldebaran1997 Chieftain

It seems that -100% Faith Yield Modifier from State Atheism remains when I adopt other religious civics.

7. Zares

Zares Chieftain

Could you explain it for me? I never had to wait, just enacted, f.e. "Labor" and after that I got an event with Civics to choose.

Could you update the table with Civics, please? :) It isn't up to date, f.e. Civil Law - +1 Culture and Tourism to each City. and in the game, it's something like +3 to Border Growth.

8. Enginseer

This thread is very old.

9. thunderbird_14

thunderbird_14 Chieftain

It's great you've tuned down the gold from merchants, anyway great update :D

10. zeta

zeta Mod Addict

Tables are messed up due to new forum overlay.

11. kenneth1221

kenneth1221 Chieftain

Out of curiosity, is this mod dead, still being further developed, or feature-complete?

12. Enginseer

feature-complete.

13. Zares

Zares Chieftain

Isn't Ingenious Craft (Economy) Civic a bit OP? It comes very early and bonuses to improvements feel almost like some bonuses from monopolies. Other Economy Civics, that comes later are weaker, at least for me.

And what about upkeep? Steamworkshop's screenshots shows high numbers like 8-30, for me it's 0.09-0.14. With 3 Cities and 5 plantations I have +35 GPT in 62 turn (Epic/Classical Era pre-set). Maybe good idea is minimum Civics' maintenance? Or maybe give some negative effect to the Ingenious Craft and other strong Civics? Some Civics have negative effect and some not.

Bureaucracy now grants +5 Production and Gold in the Capital.
    Nice change, 75% production was waaay to strong. With Egyptian's 20% bonus to Wonders and other bonuses it was overwhelming.

14. kenneth1221

kenneth1221 Chieftain

You know, I really like Ingenious Craft, but I think its strengths exist only in contrast. For much of the game, I cannot justify using any other Economic civic. However, I only think that's because Mercantilism and Free Market are both just kind of underwhelming. A bonus to trade routes doesn't synergize with the wide play promoted by VP, while Ingenious Craft, although dependent on specific terrain features, does very well because in a wide enough empire you're likely to have them all. I would only consider switching when State Property becomes available.
    I don't think Ingenious Craft is that much more OP than some other civics that come online at the same time. It's just that the options following it are generally worse.

15. Enginseer

Yeah I feel that way a lot ever since I've been having unlocked Ingenious Craft(If I implemented preferred civics, Indonesia would always pick this over anything else), but I'm thinking of something as a rework.

16. thunderbird_14

thunderbird_14 Chieftain

Happy 1000 posts , not that it's irrelevant to the thread :p

17. Enginseer

Aldebaran1997 and IcyAngel like this.
  18. thecraftybee

thecraftybee Chieftain

I've not updated yet. But this looks like an improvement. I always just clicked on all five areas and then chose which would sometimes cause me to go into anarchy unnecessarily.
    Suggestions to improve even further.

1. Change the red text to green once you have those techs, so you can tell immediately what is available.
    2. Put the actual effect next to each tenet so you can see all in one view, and decide what you think is best for your current situation.
    3. When the civics become available and you get the splash screen, put on the civic type - so Legal Civic - Vassalage is now available, and again put the actual civic text on the splash screen. This becomes less important if the above are implemented, as you will be able to get that information just by hitting the Civics button.

I only ever remember what half of these do at any one time, so the constant reminder of what they do whenever I hit the Civics button will help, as there are no civilopaedia entries and the front page of this thread is not updated (I don't think, but not sure).

19. Aldebaran1997

Aldebaran1997 Chieftain

Sir, can I ask you why this mod blocks JFD's RtP?

20. Enginseer

Too much dummy policies which my mod relies on which causes instability progressively as the game go on.

Aldebaran1997 likes this.