Civics and Reforms

Is there any place for me to check the civics outside of the game?
If you can ignore the coding in Civics.sql, the English tooltip text are all there at the top. I have no personal assistant, and I'm busy a lot more with personal things than I could normally dedicate my time toward this mod months ago.

Patronage can't be reselected when they are already chosen. It's possible to change to other Gov. civics then back to Patronage, but if so I got double penalty from changing civics.

Patronage can't be reselected when they are already chosen. It's possible to change to other Gov. civics then back to Patronage, but if so I got double penalty from changing civics.
Why would you reselect them then?

For checking other Gov. civics' effect and cost. I can't remember every single one of them.
Ah you can later search up the civics when you search Government Civic, Economic Civic, etc for the effects and costs in the Civilopedia pending the next update which will replace the regular Civic Entry when you search up just Civics.

Last edited:
Question.
So everytime I unlock a new reform I want to view what it does (as I'm new to this mod) it forces me to select one.
Everytime I select one my cities go into resistance, even if I select the same reform.

Is this a bug ?

Question.
So everytime I unlock a new reform I want to view what it does (as I'm new to this mod) it forces me to select one.
Everytime I select one my cities go into resistance, even if I select the same reform.

Is this a bug ?
Intentional to prevent AIs from re-choosing the same civic over and over and prevents a memory leak. Can't make an exception for players.

Nonetheless, I'm introducing a civilopedia for the civics.

Can you add a close button to the pop up ?
hm that might seem a better alternative. I'll have to test it out to make sure the AIs never pick it and the humans can't abuse it if they decide to check the civics multiple times.

I use EUI and when it comes to the mid game I tend to ignore most of the notifications as they can get a bit spammy. This sometimes means I miss new Civic & Reform policies as they use the plain blue exclamation mark icon that is used by a number of other minor abilities. Would it be possible to change the notification icons to something different? Perhaps the tall, thin orange man that is the icon for the main Civics page? That way, I'll never miss another Civic again.

Thanks

I can't play with this mod since with it enabled my palace get +10 gold from start instead of the usual 5.

I can't play with this mod since with it enabled my palace get +10 gold from start instead of the usual 5.
I think that's intentional by the owner. Maybe he wants us to start with some bonus gold before the civic maintenance starts eating our infrastructure in the early game.

I think that's intentional by the owner. Maybe he wants us to start with some bonus gold before the civic maintenance starts eating our infrastructure in the early game.
I didn't experience any notable maintenance, on the other hand I had a lot of cash to spend in early game on tiles, worker & building investments. 10 gp from start still seem a bit OP to me. I think it's an interesting mod, but another problem is the interface, which isn't very pretty and user friendly, thus lacking the feeling of "immersion". I don't think I'll be able to keep using it due to these prominent issues.

I didn't experience any notable maintenance, on the other hand I had a lot of cash to spend in early game on tiles, worker & building investments. 10 gp from start still seem a bit OP to me. I think it's an interesting mod, but another problem is the interface, which isn't very pretty and user friendly, thus lacking the feeling of "immersion". I don't think I'll be able to keep using it due to these prominent issues.
wait until mid game where maintenance starts scaling. The early game got much better since markets got a buff, council and monument maintenance reduced, and many early game buff. But ill think of a different bonus.

I just tried this mod out. It's amazing! It lets me shape my civilization in a different way than my policies necessarily dictate...and you can change them too! I'm not even kidding I was almost looking forward to unlocking them. It adds another fun element to the game. Don't know what took me so long haha

However I think it's far too impactful in the early game. It's not just the bonus GPT. Many of them have no long-term drawbacks. I would suggest giving all the choices (except the defaults) some minor penalties so that they feel less like policies and more like trade-offs.

An example would be Slavery. As warmonger Japan I was raking in so much excess production that my puppet cities almost beat my regular cities in the early game. It doesn't have any drawbacks though. Perhaps instead of having no penalty, it could impose a happiness penalty. Perhaps it could reduce food in the city slightly (more mouths to feed).

Let me know if I can help with anything. Really good work on the mod!

Last edited:
wait until mid game where maintenance starts scaling. The early game got much better since markets got a buff, council and monument maintenance reduced, and many early game buff. But ill think of a different bonus.

Why not just remove the bonus gold outright? The %reductions to happiness modifiers are fine on their own for a default selection.

If you think it's necessary to have a bonus, then I think 1 GPT would be less impactful than anything else really.

I tired this modmod out.

I love this modmod.

Noticed a few weird things, the pop-ups referring to civics by the wrong category when you discover their neccisary tech mainly, but as to actual effect on the game I love it. Gives me another set of levers to sculpts my civ and let's the AI civs define themselves as well.

May as well also note that the initial civics do alter the flow of the start of the game a bit, but seeing how the ancient era is my least favorite part of the game overall I'm willing to accept it. Maybe experiment with different yields other than gold for the default civics? +1 to a variety of yields may have a less drastic effect then +5 GPT.

Default civics have +1 gpt AND low upkeep because most of civics' upkeep scales with building maintenance that can cause massive expense even you can't afford at some point.

Top Bottom