Civil War scenario - new info

nunor

King
From Dualshockers.com preview:

It features modified units to fit the conflict and a simplified set of mechanics to allow players to focus on the military aspect of the scenario (after all building wonders and researching the wheel wouldn’t be exactly appropriate to the war between the Union and the Confederate states). City management is also a lot more rigid, but this is balanced out by the extremely high number of cities and by how close they are packed together.
It creates a very pitched situation with sudden turnarounds and counterattacks that offers a very different kind of experience compared to the rest of the game. It may not be as deep, but it’s definitely enjoyable, especially if you want to get away from the micromanaging for a while.

From 3djuegos preview:

Aquí nos enfrascamos en el conflicto clásico para vivir entre los años 1861 y 1865 la lucha por las capitales de Washington y Richmond. Nada más empezar escogeremos entre uno de los ocho niveles de dificultad disponibles, y descubriremos que este escenario es bastante más directo de lo habitual con opciones como las de la felicidad, la política social o la religión están desconectadas para favorecer una experiencia muy vertical, que contrasta con lo volcado que está en realidad todo el add-on en los aspectos no-bélicos.

Quick lame translation:
Here we plunge into the classic conflict, living the struggle for the capitals of Washington and Richmond between the years 1861 and 1865. As soon as we begin we'll choose among one of the eight difficulty levels available, and we find out that this scenario is much more direct than usual, with happiness, social policies and religion turned off so as to favor a very vertical experience, which contrasts with the non-warfare aspects to which this expansion is actually focused on

Screenshots

From many previews:
Spoiler :

From destructoid preview:

So basically this is an expanded version of the 1066 scenario. All warfare and a little city management and nothing else. Could be fun.

As a Richmonder and lifelong Virginian (and history buff), I'm excited for this one, even though I prefer the colonial era. It'll be interesting to see what cities get included. If the map's only focused on the Eastern Theater, Philadelphia/Harrisburg is probably as far north as it goes, and Charleston or Wilmington as far south. That doesn't give you a lot of option unless you go down into smaller towns.

As a Richmonder and lifelong Virginian (and history buff), I'm excited for this one, even though I prefer the colonial era. It'll be interesting to see what cities get included. If the map's only focused on the Eastern Theater, Philadelphia/Harrisburg is probably as far north as it goes, and Charleston or Wilmington as far south. That doesn't give you a lot of option unless you go down into smaller towns.

As a northerner who is now a transplant to the Northern Virginia area, I'm getting a kick out of seeing all the places nearby. I want to conquer Leesburg and burn their outlet mall to the ground ;)

As a northerner who is now a transplant to the Northern Virginia area, I'm getting a kick out of seeing all the places nearby. I want to conquer Leesburg and burn their outlet mall to the ground ;)

I'll bring the kerosene. I don't know how people live up there, my hat's off to you. :)

As an aside, my people wore the blue coat in the ACW; I get tremendous amusement out of calling Richmond's Monument Avenue the "Avenue of Second-Place Trophies."

Are those big bits of sea going inland?

On the map, that's the only way they can make them navigable rivers and obstacles to movement. One of the chief obstacles to maneuver in Eastern Virginia is that all of the rivers run west to east, and they're tidal and pretty wide for a good way inland (Richmond is 100 miles inland, but ocean going vessels are able to navigate here, for example.)

Sorry where's the screenshot for the War of Northern Agression scenario?

Or the Treason Southern Succession scenario?

New screenshot of the ACW set-up screen, with victory conditions and special rules:

Spoiler :

Do they have the Confederates?

Ironic the goal is to capture the capital of the others when the Union's main goal under Grant was to devastate the Confederates ability to wage war and disregard Richmond.

Do they have the Confederates?

Ironic the goal is to capture the capital of the others when the Union's main goal under Grant was to devastate the Confederates ability to wage war and disregard Richmond.

Capturing Richmond was the April 1861 goal.
And for that matter it wasn't that many days after Richmond fell that Lee surrendered.

Given 1 UPT rules; at least in a multiplayer game, the north is probably going to need to use broad circles and encirclement to take Richmond rather than frontal assault.

(And similarly the South to take DC probably needs to win an analog version of Gettysburg rather than frontal assault vs DC against a human.)

Capturing Richmond was the April 1861 goal.
And for that matter it wasn't that many days after Richmond fell that Lee surrendered.

Given 1 UPT rules; at least in a multiplayer game, the north is probably going to need to use broad circles and encirclement to take Richmond rather than frontal assault.

(And similarly the South to take DC probably needs to win an analog version of Gettysburg rather than frontal assault vs DC against a human.)

Good catch. I didn't even see the dating there.

So Union has two naval UUs.

Other one is clearly an ironclad, the other frigate-type, could it be a some sort of "blockade ship".

Top Bottom