Civilian

Vuldacon

Dedicated to Excellence
Supporter
This is a New Civilian Unit I made for EFZI2 Complete.

If you need or can use an average looking Guy Armed with a Baseball Bat as a Unit in your games, this unit can fill that position :)
All Files included and Game Tested as usual

Winner of the January 2012 Unit of the Month Contest :trophy:

Preview: Flc Speeds differ in Game

Included Files:
CivilianDefault.flc
CivilianRun.flc
CivilianFortify.flc
CivilianFidget.flc
CivilianAttackP1.flc
CivilianAttackP2.flc
CivilianAttackP3.flc
CivilianDeath.flc
CivilianVictory.flc

Sounds:
CivilianAttackP1.wav
CivilianAttackP2.wav
CivilianFortify.wav
CivilianFidget.wav
CivilianDeath.wav
CivilianVictory.wav
Uses the Jaimo Unit Run Sounds

CivilianLarge.pcx, CivilianSmall.pcx
Civilian_units_32.pcx
Alternate Civilopedia Images with different colored backgrounds.
Adjusted .INI File

Note: I used a Split Animation Technique for the One Civilian Attack to have better timing with the Attack Animations and Sounds.
The three Attacks in the .ini file are all for the one Attack Animation.

The Handle on the Baseball Bat is CIV Specific Colored.

You can Download the Zip File here

Last edited:
Smashing. :p

Yes, the Jaimo Unit was the Civilian but now is just for the Nerds :)

The Zombies have taken the "Fast Food Joint" at the start of the Game and that building has the "Kitchen" that auto-produces a Civilian every 6 Turns.
Naturally, those Civilians have been infected with Zombie Virus so the Zombies use them effectively until any of the Human Factions gain that Building :)

Well, he looks normal (which is how he's supposed to), and you did a really great job on the animations. Very nice! :goodjob::)

Thanks for the comments guys.

I thought about using two hands holding the Bat but as he runs toward the enemy and swings, I though it more natural to use one hand. This also provides more natural agility and bat velocity. If it was a Heavy Club such as the CIV Warrior uses, then a two handed attack would be needed but given the animation, it would appear unnatural to use two hands... much like if a Swordsman used two hands:)

Pounder... Yes there is only one Attack and it is split into the three Attacks. This was set up to have better animation/sound timing in game. I have the one Attack as one Flc but the game randomly played the attack sound while he was turning from battle or the death animation was playing, etc... This happens especially toward the distant borders of a game... not sure why.
Generally the game prefers short animations. This unit has a 28 frame Single Attack so I split it into the three Attacks so they all play in sequence. IF there was a 2nd Attack, the single Attack could be split into just two 14 frame animations and the third Attack added as Attack3.

IF only Attack 1 and Attack 2 are used in the .ini, the Attack 2 repeats but when all 3 Attacks are used, each plays in sequence, repeating that sequence.

I used the same "Split Animation" Technique on the Drunk because his Attack was very long.

oh crap , how can i miss that
Very cool unit Vuldacon , love the animations
Certainly , this unit can be used for angry mods i mean mobs hehe or any other scenarios/mods

Very nice unit indeed Vuldacon! It's sad I couln't make the sounds for it, but I'm sure you made a great job on that part too! And the animations are beautiful...

I like this unit. Nice death-sound. He could be used as a cheap immobile vigilante for new cities with much corruption. Maybe with a population cost of 1, so he can re-join his city when regular troops have arrived. hmmm... And the alternative pedia-icons are much appreciated. Thank you!

Thanks guys...If you want to use the unit as a sort of Mob or Vigilante type...you can remove the Yell during the Attack if not wanted and just use the Hit sound. Naturally, because he is generally fighting Zombies in EFZI2 Complete, he Yells :lol:

Attack sound without Yelling:
You will need to change the CivilianAttackP1.wav in the .ini file to use this sound.

I have updated this Unit in the Database to add this sound to the Folder as well but for those of you who have already downloaded this Unit, here is the sound.

Attachments

• NoYellCivilianAttack.zip
    38.3 KB · Views: 140
If you're playing the epic game, and if by some chance you kept a Warrior unit all the way to the modern era, this would make for a nice era-specific rendition :).

Top Bottom