1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilization 5 Rants Thread

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by ori, Dec 3, 2010.

1. beetle

beetle Deity

@Thormodr, with the III, IV, and V expansions I could communicate in a single sentence or two what they brought to the base game and why they were a good deal. Granted, I have not played VI, but the expansion seems very underwhelming. Why do you like it so much? What does it do? Thanks!

2. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

3. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ Supporter

Just an all around disaster that thankfully is now in the distant past.

Thoroughly enjoying the subsequent iteration of the game.

4. Bruhmoment

Bruhmoment Chieftain

wtf is up with the saves on this game
    i have 66 happiness and I reload the save and now I have 22 unhappiness. Seriously. What is up with this?

5. Naokaukodem

Naokaukodem Millenary King

Ha ha I always believed that there was a problem not with saves, but with happiness in this game. Nobody trusted me, they even despised me. (explaining where comes the happiness uncompletely and saying things like "from now on i don't have to continue because, because... i doesn't worth the cost" or something, and Marbozir (a youtuber) who deleted my messages concerning happiness, for some (weird) reason...)

6. Bruhmoment

Bruhmoment Chieftain

Marbozir deleted your messages? The hell?
    Did the community really not trust you to the point where they even said stuff like that?
    But seriously how does the happiness and saves work on this game

7. beetle

beetle Deity

I have not seen saves/loading effect happiness. I have seen huge, and fairly inexplicable, jumps in happiness from turn-to-turn. So I think that is what is happening. The effect is from Tourism influence being in fews tiers instead of something more incremental. For example, if in one single turn you have two bigger AIs go from Unknown to Exotic against you, that could easily be a double-digit happiness shift on you.

8. Tiberiu

Tiberiu Warlord

I don't know about what could have happened in your example but I do know that the game does not refresh information about happiness immediately. Sometimes barbs pillage a lux and then you repair it and the game still thinks you are unhappy until you do a certain action that triggers the refresh, or after you press next turn.

9. Bruhmoment

Bruhmoment Chieftain

Although I was with a mod, that's what caused it. I conquered cities and they bug out not having to build any courthouse when annexing. My fault