Civilization 6 Features Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Writing Bull, 50 Techs have been cut from the Tech Tree.

More than the half? oO If there isnt something else in place, this sounds highly unlikely. Especially considering they already mentioned a Napoleonic era, a lower number of eras would also be unlikely.

Whoops, I misread the title. 50 Techs, less than Civ V. The game has around 50 techs.

Ok first post updated, once again if you see anything new let me know

You should put the new info in a different colour so we know the difference between the old and new infos.

I qoute what Tatran said in another thread

Interesting talk and they talk a lot.
/that is: in a german preview video, based on interview with the designers/

- roads will be auto-created by the way merchants travel.

- combat experience goes into military techs instead of promotions for units.

- there will be a linear tech tree with 50% less technologies. (no tech web)
/this is corrected to being about 50, not 50% of civ5/

- no more one or two dominant strategies to win the game.

- it's unclear if there will be a city screen to assign citizens on city tiles.

- 2 upt instead of 1 upt.

According to Writing Bull, 50 Techs have been cut from the Tech Tree.

That seems to be misinterpreted. The developer said there are about half the techs in Civ V, but he did so thinking the game had 100 techs instead of 80. This puts the count at ~50, not ~30.

Edit: nevermind, missed the second page.

- 2 upt instead of 1 upt.
Not sure this is true. Unless you're talking about different units I haven't heard about 2 upt. You can merger 3 of the same units into an army (2 units are called a corp). You can also add a support unit. Not sure about the limits here but this could be the 2 upt. Only speculation if a corp / army can have support units, but I doubt it.

Bite: Will you add a colour to new info added to the original post as asked for earlier? Will make it a lot easier to keep up with what's new instead of reading through it all.

Only 6 Districts will be included in the first release.

New Diplomacy features.

Civ's will be more warlike in the early going and more formal during the later ages.

Colossus and Great Lighthouse must be built on water. (duh).
Oracle.

Guessing Dino Bones are a Museum improvement/building for Cultural District.

Moderator Action: Please avoid "guessing" on this thread, saying there are "Dino Bones" is okay [if there is a source stated], but please save guessing what it is for other threads in this forum.

Only 6 Districts will be included in the first release.
I guess that's a wrong interpretation of this sentence from the IGN article:
Firaxis has created the concept of 12 different types of color-coded Districts (five or six of which will be available from the beginning)
I'm pretty sure it means "at the beginning of the game". More will be unlocked through technologies, policies, wonders, whatever.

Moderator Action: For this thread, please provide a source for features to be added to the top post of this thread.

From PC Gamer article here:

The things a city does, and where it is located, informs what it is capable of building. It's not enough to have a coastal city to build the Great Lighthouse. You have to be a seafaring civilization, with a city built around maritime industry and commerce.

Suggests that Wonders have multiple requirements other than just terrain.

From the article on Digital Trends

You can now build field medics as a support unit.

There will also be a new class of support units that can be embedded in other units to supplement their power, such as assigning field medics or anti-tank artillery to a squad of infantry, or formally linking up warriors with vulnerable settlers for protection out in the wilderness.

AI leaders will both have a historical as well as a randomized hidden agenda. From how I read it I get that this random agenda will change from game to game as it obviously isn't historically correct.
example that the designers provided was “to build a strong network of city-states” (which would presumably be the historical agenda of Greece’s Alexander the Great). The player would then know that cozying up to a lot of city-states will likely lead to conflict with them. In addition to their historical agendas, however, leaders will also have randomized hidden agendas that the player can learn about through sufficient contact, whether through diplomacy or espionage.

Marsh can be seen too from the screenshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom