1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilization Appropriate General and Admiral names

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by LeeS, Jul 6, 2014.

1. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

Civilization Appropriate Great General and Great Admiral Names
    G & K and BNW Only​

This is a mod that creates Great General and Great Admiral Names that are appropriate for the player's chosen civilization, rather than using random names.

With this mod, Rome will get Gnaeus Pompeius or Germanicus Julius Caesar as great generals but not Mikhail Illarionovich Kutuzov or Kiyotake Kawaguchi. England will get great generals such as Arthur Wellesley or John Churchill, and admirals such as Horatio Nelson or Sir Edward Pellew but not admiral names such as Alfred von Tirpitz or Chester Nimitz.

Download Links: Steam Mod Page Here Forum Download Page Here

Expansion Compatibility

I can only be sure the mod is Compatible with G&K and BNW. I have structed the mod so it might also be compatible with Vanilla, but I cannot be sure.

Custom Civilizations Compatibility

The mod is compatible with any custom civilization. If the author of the custom civ adds Great General and/or Great Admirals names correct for their custom civ, then this mod will use those names for that civ when both mods are enabled by the player.

I will be adding a bit more detailed instructions for authors of custom civilizations on how to add names specific to their civilization to their mods. This may take me a day or two to get the specific details ironed-out and presented here.

Authors of Custom Civilization Mods Please See Post #9 For Instructions

Current Status
    1. I have completed the Great Generals list, but still have some work to do on the Admirals list. I will most likely 'flesh-out' the Admirals list a little more and then publish the Generals-heavy version of the mod this coming weekend. The Admirals I will plump out as I find more names that are good to use. If you have any suggestions for additional names, please send me a PM or drop a note here. See the link just below to Post #8, where I have a complete current list of generals and admirals.
    2. As of this moment the list of Great Generals is over 600 names. The Admirals list is currently 195 total names. (18July2014)

List of Great Generals and Admirals
    Please see post # 8. The list was too large to include in this post.

How the Mod Works
    Without going into painful details of how the lua functions that handles all this, the mod works like this:
    1. Civilizations are assigned their own unique list of Great General and Great Admiral Names. This has been done for all the "stock" Firaxis-supplied civilizations, whether from Vanilla, Gods & Kings, BNW, or one of the DLC packages.
    2. There is also a list of ~50 Generic Great General and ~20 Generic Great Admiral Names.
    3. Custom civilizations added by other mods can also specify a list of unique names for Great Generals and Great Admirals, but they do not have to do so.
    4. If a specific civilization is active within a game, it's unique list of General and Admiral Names is reserved for its use only.
      • If two or more versions of the same civilization are being used within the same game, each of these is assigned the complete list correct for this civilization, and for each such civilization its own version of the list for that civ is drawn from and tracked individually to all other 'copies' of the same civilization.
      • So if you load up a lol-game with 8 opponent civs all playing as Shaka, each of these Shakas will use the set of General and Admiral names for Shaka, and it is quite possible (perhaps even likely) that there will be multiple copies of Zwelithini as a Great General for differing versions of Shaka in such a game.
    5. If a civilization (Major or Minor) does not have any unique names assigned to it, it draws from the Generic list.
      • If a civilization uses up all its assigned names, it will begin to draw from the Generic list.
      • City-States never have a specific list so they always draw from the Generic list.
    6. Names for civilizations that are nor active within a particular game are thrown into a Fallback List. If at any time during the game the Generic list becomes exhausted, then the Fallback list takes the place of the Generic list.
    7. Selection of a particular name for a great general or great admiral is done randomly from the appropriate lists. This should give a more unique flavor to every play-through as Rome, for example. A player will not necessarily always get the same set of Great General names appearing. All will be appropriate to the Civilization the player is playing as, but in an individual play-through, a Rome player might get Gaius Marius, Quintus Sertorius, and Marcus Aurelius. On the next play-through the player might get Marius again, but get Lucius Sulla and Fabius Maximus instead of Sertorius and Aurelius.
    8. The same effects as outlined pertain to all players within a game, Human or AI, Major Civilization or City State.

Comments, Feedback, Buggyness Reports
    Please leave any thoughts, comments, feedback on the overall concept, or reports of suspected buggyness here on this thread.

Mods Compatibility to Game-Mechanic-Mods
    • As of V8 the mod is now compatible with Great Heroes Mod
      • Until recently I was not even aware there was a problem
    • The Mod is Compatible with Really Advanced Set-up but there will be no unit renaming and you will get a player notification of an error with this mod when using Really Advanced Set-Up to add a Great General or Great Admiral unit at the start of the game. Really Advanced Set-Up does its thing with adding units before this mod even has a chance to 'set itself up' to get ready for a new game.
      • Until recently I was not even aware there was a problem

Credits and Thanks

Credit and Thanks for borrowed code elements:
    • Pazyryk for the TableSaverLoader.lua
    • Darkscythe for help at numerous times for advice and help, most significantly for recently figuring out the bug in Pazyryk's TableSaverLoader method and coming up with a solution so all mods that use Pazyryk's TableSaverLoader can safely store and retrieve their needed data across saved and reloaded games. DarkScythe's add-on for TableSaverLoader also vastly simplifies the coding-procedures needed to activate Pazyryk's TableSaverLoader.
    • Machiavelli for his SerialEventUnitCreatedGood lua/xml system

Credit and Thanks for helping with General and Admiral names:
    Forum Members -> Gaius Octavius, DonStamos, Nokmirt, LoneRebel, EgonSpengler, awesome, andreafin, Sagax, Krajzen, CaterpillarKing, ArnoldI, ehecatzin, Syailendra, Hyronymus.

Credit and Thanks (for general ideas etc. as I was working on the mod:
    1. DarkScythe for letting me rant and spitball when I was having trouble getting the table save / table load to work
    2. JFD for some of the starting code ideas in SQL
    3. Whoward at various times, but most especially because he halted me from wasting endless hours chasing a fruitless rabbit-hole code-path. Also for a sort of 'by the way' comment in a tutorial thread that showed a much easier-to-manage method of adding multiple rows in xml.
    Version Notes:
    • V2 Uploaded 17Aug14 Primarily lua improvements. First in the method for attaching the mods needed data to save games, and second in giving compatibility with the lua system for all great people types.
    • V5 Uploaded 09Feb15: added a few Admiral and General names. Primary reason for the update was to solve an issue with the method used to save necessary data, where two or more mods using the same method could interfere with each other and only one mod would get its data saved.
    • V6 Uploaded 27Feb15: Fixed a small typo with a Great Admiral name
    • V7 Uploaded 09Apr15: Added more Great Admiral Names and Updated the mod to use V3 of DarkScythe's Serializer Addon for Pazyryk's TSL data saving system.
    • V8 added compatibility for the Great Heroes Mod and to not make this mod crash when people are using Really Advanced Setup to give themselves a starting Great Admiral or Great General
    • V9 Uploaded 01Jun16:
      • Fixed compatibility issue with the CP base mod, which was causing this mod to fail when the CP base mod was also in use, and which then had a cascade effect of making this mod non-compatible with any of JFD's Game-Mechanic mods that required the CP Base mod.
      • Alterred and expanded the Korean and Ottoman names for both Generals and Admirals based on suggestions of DistantRainbow and balparmak

Attached Files:

2. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Great to see you got this working! I was just thinking to myself: surely I'll have another excuse to re-update mods I already thought to be finished, and here it is :p

On that note, Elizabeth, Napoleon, Hitler, and any with explicitly unique Great Generals (Armenia, Hannibal and Khazaria) have their own civ-sensitive lists, which saves some work. But in time, when this mod is formally released, I'll add support internally for your mods (SQL will handle load order issues).

And to fix the aesthetic issue, couldn't you just depreciate the existing UniqueNames table, create a new one, and have your code call from that?

3. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

Well, you really didn't have enough on your to-do list. So happy to help with that! :lol:

That simple ? I expected it to be a booger. I'll let you know when I'm ready to fully publish world-wide. I may ask for a little help in creating a 'read me' for other mod authors to use in adding the SQL necessary.
    I'm already deleting the <UnitType>UNIT_GREAT_GENERAL</UnitType> and <UnitType>UNIT_GREAT_ADMIRAL</UnitType> at the top of the files where I state the Great General and Admiral names. But the built-in Firaxis software just randomly selects a name from the re-built version of the table. I have not found a way to 'intercept' this process without adding a dll, which I have no knowledge of how to do, and wanted to avoid in any case because my understanding is that there can only be one dll from mods active at any time.

4. bane_

bane_ Howardianism High-Priest

This is awesome! Adds a nice flavor to the game.

How many names are there in total? In thinking of making a modmod (with your permission, of course) to give certain Great Generals a small bonus related to their roles in real-life.

One solution for custom-civilizations is to make some 'generic cultural' tables, like 'sub-saharian civs', 'english-based civs' or even something more abstract like 'ancient civs'; then, the newly added Custom Civ with support for this mod would have to announce in it's code to which table he belongs and all is well! :D

5. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

Last count I had already added approx 200 great general names and so far I've only actually added about 30 admiral names. When it's completely wrapped up I'm guesstimating there will be a total of about 400 great general names and 100-150 great admiral names. I'm trying to be as historically accurate as I can in only adding known names to the list, and only adding generals who were actually generals in some capacity, and the same with admirals.

With some civs such as Rome, Greece, Korea, and Carthage, the same person was both 'great' as a general and an admiral, so I've had to make some choices one way or the other.

Other civs never had anything we could equate to the concept of a formal title of 'general', but they did have war leaders who certainly fit the bill. Sitting Bull, Crazy Horse, etc., all come to mind. Though some of the native north american peoples had specific 'War Chief' titles or concepts for such even if they didn't have actual formal titles. So anywhere the historical person fits the criteria, I've used the name.

And some civs I've just used names of known Kings, because not much accurate historical information is available one way or the other as to whether they led thier people in war.

6. Jamforce

Jamforce Chieftain

Great mod, I'm really interested to include it in my project ACoT. Of course you will be present in the credit list!

7. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

:) That you're interested in using this as something to include in your own mods or something to build from.:)

But, but...sheesh...let me get a final version 1st :D

Just one request would be to handle within your mods the issues that might arrise from your mods being enabled at the same time as mine is so I don't get players burying me in bug reports that are related to interaction between this mod and any based-upon or includes-this mods.

8. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

List of Great General Names
    Spoiler :

Code:
    [u]Current List of Great Generals and the Civs to whom they are assigned[/u]

America
    	Winfield Scott
    	Robert E. Lee
    	George S. Patton
    	Thomas 'Stonewall' Jackson
    	John 'Black Jack' Pershing
    	John Reynolds
    	Leonard Wood
    	Zachary Taylor
    	W.S. Hancock
    	Omar Bradley
    	Dwight D. Eisenhower
    	Douglas MacArthur
    	John Buford
    	James Longstreet
    	Mark Clark
    	Andrew Jackson
    	William T. Sherman
    	Philip Sheridan
    	Ulysses S. Grant
    	George Marshall
    	Curtis LeMay
    	George Armstrong Custer
    	Sam Houston
    	J.E.B. Stuart
    	George B. McClellan
    	Ethan Allen
    	Daniel Morgan
    	Nathanael Greene
    	James H. Doolittle
    	Albert Sidney Johnston
    	William Prescott
    	Israel Putnam
    	George Frank Elliott
    	George Gordon Meade
    	Daniel Harvey Hill

Arabia
    	Khalid ibn Al-Walid
    	Abdullah ibn Aamir
    	Yazid ibn Abi Sufyan
    	Saladin
    	Musa Ibn Nusair
    	Uqba ibn Nafi
    	Mu'awiya
    	Ziyad Ibn Abihi
    	Abul Abbas al-Saffah
    	Yusuf ibn Tashfin
    	Amr Ibn al-As
    	Ali Saif ad-Daula
    	Ghaliyya al-Wahhabiyya
    	Khawlah bint al-Azwar
    	Abu Bakr

Assyria
    	SARGON
    	Erishum I
    	Ikunum
    	Puzur-Ashur
    	Mut-Ashkur
    	Asinum
    	Tiglath-Pileser III

Austria
    	Albrecht von Wallenstein
    	EUGENE_OF_SAVOY
    	Friedrich Freiherr von Hotze
    	Adam Bayalitsch	
    	Ludwig von Belgiojoso
    	Karl Ludwig Lorenz (of Austria)
    	Karl Ferdinand (of Austria)
    	Friedrich Joseph of Nauendorf
    	Jozsef Alvinczi
    	Heinrich von Bellegarde
    	Heinrich von Hess
    	Joseph Radetzky
    	George Kastrioti
    	Janos Hunyadi
    	Raimondo Montecuccoli

Hess as Hess because of difficulties with the correct
    	character that ought to go in place of the double 's'

Aztec
    	Ahuitzotl
    	Itzcoatl
    	Huitzilhuitl
    	Chimalpopoca
    	Maxtla
    	Nezahualcoyotl
    	Tezozomoc
    	Cuauhtemoc
    	Cuitlahuac
    	Tizoc

Babylon
    	Nebuchadnezzar
    	Nabopolassar
    	Neriglissar
    	Nabonidus
    	Belshazzar
    	Nebuzaraddan

Brazil
    	Luis Alves de Lima e Silva
    	Simon Bolivar
    	Francisco Santander
    	Jose de San Martin
    	Moreira Cesar
    	Costa e Silva
    	Emilio Medici
    	Bento Goncalves
    	Carlos Maria de Alvear
    	Antonio Filipe Camarao
    	Henrique Dias

Byzantium
    	BELISARIUS
    	Heraclius
    	Leo III the Isaurian
    	Manuel Boutoumites
    	Constantine Dalassenos
    	Andronicus Contostephanus
    	Michael Maurex
    	John Kourkouas
    	Flavius Marcianus Augustus

Carthage
    	Hannibal
    	Hamilcar Barca
    	Mago Barca
    	Hasdrubal
    	Carthalo
    	Maharbal

Celts
    	Vercingetorix
    	Arminius
    	Boudicca
    	Orgetorix
    	Caractacus
    	Cunobelinus
    	Dumnorix
    	Owain Glyndwr
    	Brude
    	Cinaed mac Ailpin

China
    	Cao Cao
    	Zhuge Liang
    	Sun Tzu
    	Qin Shi Huang
    	Han Xin
    	Yue Fei
    	Chang Tso-lin
    	Jiang Wei
    	Guo Ziyi
    	Huang Zhong
    	Qi Jiguang
    	Ban Chao
    	Song Zheyuan
    	Lu Xun
    	Han Shizhong
    	Zhu De
    	Sun Jian
    	Sun Quan
    	Zhang Fei
    	Guan Yu
    	Liu Bei
    	Sun Ce
    	Fu Hao
    	Li Xiu
    	Gao Guiying
    	Shen Yunying
    	Qin Liangyu
    	Xu Da
    	Ran Min

Denmark
    	Ragnar Lothbrok
    	Harald Hardrada
    	Heinrich Ernst Peymann
    	Johann von Ewald
    	Olaf Rye
    	Thorstein Eiriksson
    	Ivar Ragnarsson
    	Halfdan Ragnarsson
    	Ubbe Ragnarsson
    	Rollo
    	Horik I
    	Godfred
    	Swein Estridsson
    	Lagertha
    	Healfdene
    	Hrorek

Thorstein Eiriksson (took some liberties there. Little
    		is actually known about him)

Egypt
    	Thutmose III
    	MENES
    	RAMSES
    	KHUFU
    	MENTUHOTEP
    	SETI				*need to check which of the Seti's is best
    	NARMER
    	Ahmose
    	Weni
    	Amun-her-wenemef
    	Piye

Ethiopia
    	Gelawdewos
    	Dawit II
    	Menelik II
    	Menelik I
    	Ras Makonnen
    	Tafari Makonnen		original name of Haile Selassie I
    	Kassa Hailu

England
    	William the Conqueror
    	Oliver Cromwell
    	Bernard Montgomery
    	Charles Cornwallis
    	Arthur Wellesley
    	Douglas Haig
    	John Churchill
    	Charles George Gordon
    	William Howe
    	Herbert Kitchener
    	Robert Clive
    	Richard the Lionheart
    	William Wallace
    	Sir Henry Clinton
    	Douglas Bader
    	Harold Alexander
    	James Wolfe
    	A.C.M. Hugh Dowding
    	Alfred the Great
    	Athelstan
    	Æthelflæd			AS	Aethelflaed
    	Mary Bankes
    	John Bradstreet
    	Æthelwulf of Berkshire		AS	Aethelwulf of Berkshire	

France
    	Jeanne D'Arc
    	Charles Martel
    	Ferdinand Foch
    	Joseph Joffre
    	Andrea Massena
    	Charlemagne
    	Henri Petain
    	Charles de Gaulle
    	Maurice de Saxe
    	Louis de Bourbon
    	Murat
    	Louis-Joseph de Montcalm
    	Lafayette			AS	Gilbert du Motier
    	Leclerc				AS	Philippe Leclerc
    	Prince de Conde
    	Louis Nicolas Davout
    	Georges Guynemer
    	Pierre Clostermann
    	Louis-Rene de Latouche Treville
    	Jean Lannes
    	Michel Ney
    	Louis Friant
    	Louis Desaix
    	Robert Guiscard

Germany
    	Heinz Guderian
    	Erwin Rommel
    	Carl von Clausewitz
    	Helmuth von Moltke
    	Paul von Hindenburg
    	Erich Ludendorff
    	Otto von Bismarck
    	Gebhard Leberecht von Blucher
    	August Wilhelm von Gneisenau
    	Frederick the Great
    	Frederick Barbarossa
    	Alfred Schlieffen
    	Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck
    	Maximilian I
    	Gunther von Kluge
    	Wilhelm I of Prussia
    	Wilhelm von Tegetthoff

Greece
    	Leonidas
    	EPAMINONDAS
    	PYRRHUS
    	LYSANDER
    	Thucydides
    	Pericles
    	Eumenes
    	Xanthippus
    	Philip II of Macedon
    	Parmenion
    	Miltiades the Younger
    	Coes of Mytilene
    	Xenophon
    	Pavlos Kountouriotis
    	Dimitris Plapoutas
    	Theodoros Kolokotronis
    	Alcibiades
    	Seleucus I Nicator

Huns
    	Balamber
    	Uldin
    	Charaton
    	Octar
    	Rugila
    	Bleda
    	Ellac
    	Dengizich
    	Ernakh
    	Shaush
    	Kutrigur
    	Utigur

Inca
    	Pachacuti
    	Manco Inca
    	Tupa Amaru
    	Atahuallpa
    	Chalicuchima
    	Quisquis
    	Michima Lonco
    	Galvarino
    	Pelantaro
    	Huayna Capac
    	Topa Inca Yupanqui
    	Huascar
    	Atahualpa
    	Manco Capac
    	Wiraqucha
    	Qhapaq Yupanki Inka
    	Sinchi Roca
    	Inka Roq'a
    	Mayta Qhapaq Inka

India
    	Akbar
    	Chandragupta Maurya
    	Baji Rao I
    	Babur
    	Shivaji Bhosle
    	Ranjit Singh
    	Samudragupta
    	Porus
    	Bindusara
    	Tilak
    	Jayavarman II
    	Rajaraja Chola
    	Keladi Chennamma
    	Abbakka Rani
    	Begum Hazrat Mahal
    	Rani Lakshmibai
    	Bibi Sahib Kaur

Indonesia
    	Soekarno
    	Diponegoro
    	Soedirman
    	Hayam Wuruk
    	Sultan Hasanuddin
    	Adityawarman
    	Airlangga
    	Hadiwijaya
    	Kyai Gedhe Pamanahan
    	Sanjaya of Mataram
    	Raden Wijaya

Iroquois
    	Joseph Brant		AS	Thayendanegea
    	Teyoninhokovrawen
    	John Deseronto
    	Akiatonharonkwen		also known as Joseph Louis Cook 
    	Canaqueese
    	Ayenwatha
    	Thaonawyuthe
    	Kaiiontwa'kon
    	Si-gwa-ah-doh-gwih
    	Sakayengwaraton
    	Oskanondonha
    	Hasanoanda
    	Stand Watie
    	Sayenqueraghta
    	Tanacharison
    	Tecumseh

Japan
    	Hideki Tojo
    	Tomoyuki Yama****a
    	Hiroyoshi Nishizawa
    	Minamoto no Yoritomo
    	Toyotomi Hideyoshi
    	Ashikaga Takauji
    	Shingen Takeda
    	Kenshin Uesugi
    	Tadamichi Kuribayashi
    	Iwaichi Fujiwara
    	Masanobu Tsuji
    	Sosaku Suzuki
    	Taka****a Yoshiharu
    	Renya Mutaguchi
    	Kiyotake Kawaguchi
    	Tomoe Gozen
    	Nakano Takeko
    	Tokugawa Ieyasu
    	Yamagata Kyosuke
    	Honda Heihachiro			Also known as	Tadakatsu Honda
    	Ii Naomasa
    	Tachibana Muneshige

Korea
    	Dongmyeong
    	Onjo
    	Yi Song-gye
    	Eulji Mundeok
    	Shin Rip
    	Kwon Yul
    	Wang Geon
    	Gwanggaeto the Great
    	Yeon Gaesomun
    	Yang Man-chun
    	Kim Yu-sin
    	Dae Jo-yeong
    	Seo Hui
    	Gang Gam-chan
    	Yun Gwan
    	Choe Yeong
    	Kim Jong-seo
    	Gwak Jae-u
    	Im Gyeong-eop
    	Hong Beom-do
    	Kim Chwa-chin

Maya
    	[U]Emperors and Queens[/U]
    	Queen K'Abel
    	Ah Mekat Tutul Xiu
    	Ah Ulil
    	Ch'iyel
    	Chac-Xib-Chac
    	Chan Chak K'ak'nal Ajaw
    	Chanal Balam
    	Halach Uinik
    	Itzamnaaj Bahlam of Ucanal
    	K'ak'Tilw Chan Chaak
    	K'ak'upakal
    	Kan Ek'
    	Kayb'il B'alam
    	Lachan K'awiil Ajaw Bot
    	Tabscoob
    	Aj Yaxjal B'aak
    	Tecun Uman

Morocco
    	Mohammed ash-Sheikh
    	Abdallah al-Ghalib
    	Ahmad al-Mansur
    	Tariq ibn Zeyad
    	Uthman ibn Naissa

Netherlands
    	JOHANN_TSERCLAES
    	MAURICE_OF_NASSAU
    	Alkmaar Kenau
    	William of Orange		AS	William the Silent
    	Louis of Nassau
    	Willem van Nassau
    	Floris de Voogd
    	William II of Holland		AS	Willem II van Holland
    	Charles III de Croy
    	Herman de Lynden
    	Gerard Pietersz Hulft
    	John Maurice of Nassau
    	Frederik Hendrik of Orange
    	Maurits van Oranje
    	Filips van Lalaing
    	Filips van Hohenlohe-Neuenstein
    	Hendrik van Nassau-Ouwerkerk
    	Frederik Christiaan van Reede
    	Godard van Reede
    	Joost de Soete
    	Adolf van Nieuwenaar
    	Willem Frederik van Bylandt
    	Willem Frederik George Lodewijk van Oranje-Nassau		AS	Willem Frederik van Oranje-Nassau
    	David Hendrik Chasse
    	Simon Spoor

Ottoman
    	Mustafa Kemal
    	Mehmet II the Conqueror
    	Selim I the Grim	
    	Orhan Ghazi
    	Murad I Hudavendigar 
    	Bayezid I Yildirim
    	Pargali Ibrahim
    	Turahanoglu Omer Bey
    	Murad II Kodja
    	Veli Mahmud Pasha		AS	Mahmud Pasha Angelovic
    	Lala Kara Mustafa
    	Ghazi Evrenos Bey
    	Lala Sahin
    	Malkocoglu Bali Bey
    	Ismet Pasha
    	Kazim Pasha
    	Fevzi Pasha
    	Kuyucu Murad
    	Ghazi Osman
    	Baltaci Mehmed
    	Koprulu Mehmed
    	Candarli Ali
    	Hadim Sinan
    	Zaganos Mehmed
    	Cezzar Ahmed
    	Tiryaki Hasan
    	Humbaraci Ahmed
    	Telli Hasan

Persia
    	Nadir Shah
    	Shapur I
    	Darius
    	Artaxerxes III
    	Cyaxares
    	Cambyses II
    	Xerxes
    	Achaemenes
    	Khosrau II
    	Abbas I
    	Mithridates
    	Ariobarzanes
    	Rustaham Suren-Pahlav
    	Bahram Chobin
    	Shapur II
    	Rostam Farrokhzad
    	Babak Khorram-Din
    	Cyrus the Great
    	Mardonius

Poland
    	Stanislaw Koniecpolski
    	Jan III Sobieski
    	Stanislaw Poniatowski
    	Emilia Plater (Broel-Plater)
    	Jan Karol Chodkiewicz
    	Stanislaw Zolkiewski
    	Stefan Czarniecki
    	Krzysztof Mikolaj Radziwill the "piorun" (thunder)	AS	Krzysztof Mikolaj Radziwill	
    	Konstanty Iwanowicz Ostrogski
    	Pawel Jan Sapieha
    	Stanislaw Maczek
    	Wladyslaw Anders
    	Tadeusz Rozwadowski
    	Stanislaw Haller
    	Jozef Pilsudski
    	Tadeusz Kosciuszko
    	Jan Henryk Dabrowski
    	Mieszko I
    	Boleslaw I Chrobry
    	Wladyslaw I Lokietek
    	Wladyslaw II Jagiello
    	Stefan Batory						Also known as	Istvan Bathory

Polynesia
    	Kaleiopuu
    	Kalaninuiamamao
    	Mokulani
    	Keawe
    	Keeaumoku Nui
    	Umi-a-Liloa
    	Hakau
    	Kalanimoku
    	Kahekili II
    	Kalanikupule

Portugal
    	Matias de Albuquerque
    	Francisco Barreto de Meneses
    	Andre Furtado de Mendonca
    	Phillippe de Oliveira
    	Salvador Correia de Sa e Benevides
    	Sancho Manoel de Vilhena
    	Antonio Jose Severim de Noronha
    	Pedro I

Rome
    	Gnaeus Pompeius
    	Gaius Marius
    	Scipio Africanus
    	Lucius Cornelius Sulla
    	Marcus Licinius Crassus					AS Marcus Crassus
    	Quintus Sertorius
    	Flavius Valerius Aurelius Constantinus Augustus		AS Flavius Constantinus
    	Trajan							AS Marcus Ulpius Traianus
    	Germanicus Julius Caesar
    	Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus			AS Titus Flavius Vespasianus
    	Publius Aelius Hadrianus Buccellanus			AS Publius Hadrianus
    	Marcus Aurelius
    	Septimius Severus
    	Fabius Maximus
    	Marcus Claudius Marcellus
    	Flavius Aetius
    	Gaius Avidius Cassius
    	Lucius Domitius Aurelianus Augustus			AS Lucius Domitius Aurelianus
    	Claudius Gothicus

*Marcus Licinius Crassus is showing as a great merchant but I've always thought
    	of Crassus more as general than plutocrat

Russia
    	Ivan the Terrible
    	Georgy Zhukov
    	Mikhail Illarionovich Kutuzov
    	Nikolai Ivanov
    	Aleksei Brusilov
    	Konstantin Rokossovsky
    	Aleksandr Vasilevsky
    	Nikolai Fyodorovich Vatutin
    	Ivan Konev
    	Alexander Suvorov
    	Michael Romanov
    	Pavel Nakhimov
    	Konstantin Petrovich Von Kaufman
    	Vasily Chuikov
    	Mikhail Skobelev
    	Michael Andreas Barclay de Tolly
    	Alyona Erzymasskaya
    	Daniil Aleksandrovich
    	Pyotr Ivanovich Bagration

Shoshone
    	Geronimo
    	Sitting Bull
    	Quanah Parker
    	Chief Washakie
    	Bear Hunter
    	Chief Little Soldier
    	Cuerno Verde
    	Chief Joseph
    	Crazy Horse
    	Cochise
    	Red Cloud

Siam
    	Naresuan
    	Ekatotsarot
    	Taksin
    	Suriyothai
    	U-thong
    	Phraya Phichai

Songhai
    	Askia Muhammad
    	Askia Daud
    	Sundiata
    	Sunni Ali
    	Biton Coulibaly
    	Ngolo Diarra
    	Askia Ishaq II

Spain
    	El Cid
    	Hernan Cortes
    	Fransicso Pizarro
    	Pelagius of Asturias
    	Alfonso I
    	Alfonso VI
    	Ordono I
    	Gonzalo de Cordoba
    	Alexander Farnese (Duke of Parma)
    	Francisco Franco
    	Francisco Coronado
    	Philip II of Spain
    	Ambrosio Spinola Doria
    	Cardinal-Infante Ferdinand
    	Joaquín Garcia-Morato y Castano
    	Pedro de Valdivia
    	Pedro Navarro
    	Joaquin Vara de Rey y Rubio		AS	Joaquin Vara de Rey
    	Juan Ponce de Leon
    	Hernando de Soto
    	Maria Pacheco
    	Ines de Suarez
    	Peter III of Aragon

Sweden
    	Charles XII
    	Nils Brahe
    	Eric Bloodaxe
    	Gustavus Adolphus
    	Axel Gyllenkrok
    	Knut Jonsson Posse
    	Otto Ottoson Vellingk
    	Conrad Mardefelt
    	Olof Gerhard Thornell
    	Ernst Mattias Peter von Vegesack
    	Thomas van der Noot
    	Eric the Victorious
    	Olof Skotkonung
    	Johan Baner
    	Gustav Horn af Bjorneborg
    	Bernard of Saxe-Weimar

Venice
    	Marco Antonio Bragadin
    	Sigismondo Pandolfo Malatesta		Italian	for Venice
    	Niccolo Piccinino			Italian	for Venice
    	Astorre Baglioni
    	Lorenzo Tiepolo
    	Alvise Martinengo
    	Gianantonio Querini
    	Marcantonio II Colonna			Italian	for Venice
    	Marquis Bertoldo d'Este

Zulu
    	Mpande
    	Zwelithini
    	Cetshwayo
    	Ndlela kaSompisi
    	Josiah Tongogara

Generic List (for modded civs and fallback)
    	Giuseppe Garibaldi			Italian
    	Spartacus			
    	Subutai				
    	Timur				
    	Mahmud of Ghazni				Ghaznavid Empire
    	Jan Zizka				Czech
    	Tran Hung Dao				Vietman
    	King David				Isreal
    	Lautaro					Chile
    	Jose Miguel Carrera			Chile
    	Robert the Bruce				Scotland
    	Alaric					Visigoth
    	Vo Nguyen Giap				Vietnam
    	Yitzhak Rabin				Isreal
    	Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna		Mexico		Antonio de Padua María Severino López de Santa Anna y Pérez de Lebrón
    	Francisco Villa				Mexico
    	Ignacio Zaragoza				Mexico
    	Porfirio Diaz				Mexico
    	Ardaric					Gepids
    	Antiochus				Seleucid
    	Thorismund				Visigoths
    	Theodoric I				Visigoths
    	Antonio Jose de Sucre			Venezuela
    	Alfonso Ugarte				Peru
    	Andres Avelino Caceres			Peru
    	Emilio Cavenecia				Peru
    	Miguel Malvar y Carpio			Phillipines
    	Artemio Ricarte y Garcia			Phillipines
    	Pio Isidro y Castaneda			Phillipines
    	Mariano Llanera				Phillipines
    	Gjergi Kastrioti Skandenberg		Albanian		AS	Gjergi Skandenberg
    	David IV of Georgia			Georgian
    	Tamar the Great				Georgian
    	Nguyen Hue				Vietnam
    	Nurhaci					Manchuria
    	Muhammad bin Dawud Chaghri				also known as Alp Arslan
    	Mihai Bravu				Romanian		also known as Michael the Brave
    	Ahmad Shah Durrani			Afghanistan	founder of the Durrani Empire in current-day Afghanistan
    	Josip Broz Tito				Yugoslavia
    	Toussaint L'Ouverture			Haiti
    	Ahmad ibn Ibrahim al-Ghazi		Somali
    	Kanishka the Great			Pakistan
    	Muhammad Shaybani Khan			Uzbek
    	Amina					Nigeria
    	Bayinnaung Kyawhtin Nawrahta		Burma		AS	Bayinnaung Nawrahta
    	Widukind					saxon
    	Stefan Lazarevic				Bosnian
    	Matthias Corvinus			hungarian
    	Pius II					papacy
    	Humphrey of Hauteville
    	Rob Roy
    	Bernardo O'Higgins Riquelme
    	Jose Francisco de San Martin
    	Trung Trac				Vietnam
    	Trung Nhi				Vietnam
    	Trieu Thi Trinh				Vietnam
    	Zenobia					Palmyrine Empire in Syria
    	al-Kahina				Numidian
    	Cacica Gaitana				Colombian
    	Juana Azurduy de Padilla			South American (not understanding the territorial references for her origins)
    	Mussasa					Jagas in present Angola
    	Seh-Dong-Hong-Beh			Dahomey Amazons
    	Bartolina Sisa				Bolivia
    	Agueda Kahabagan				Phillipines
    	Teresa Magbanua				Phillipines
    	Margarita Neri				Mexico
    	Maria Josefa Gabriela Carino Silang	Phillipines	AS	Maria Josefa Silang

List of Great Admiral Names
    Spoiler :

Code:
    [u]Current List of Great Admirals and the Civs to whom they are assigned[/u]
    [LIST]
    [*]The list is organized 1st by Civilization
    [*]'ASSIGNED' means it is a name supplied by Firaxis and I have made the code to assign them to the specified Civ
    [*]'ADDED' means I have added them to the game for the appropriate CIV
    [*]names without these two designations means they are not currently added to the MOD, but I may add them at some future point
    [*]Bear in mind that in its current state this list is my running tally of names and whether I've added them to the mod, with notes to myself. I intend to produce a more 'clean' list when I have a 'complete' list of admiral names.
    [*]The list is a little weak at the moment because I've been concentrating on Great Generals.
    [/LIST]

America
    	John Paul Jones			ASSIGNED
    	Matthew Perry			ASSIGNED
    	David Farragut			ASSIGNED
    	George Dewey			ASSIGNED
    	Chester Nimitz			ASSIGNED
    	William 'Bull' Halsey		ADDED
    	Arleigh Burke			ADDED
    	Alfred Mahan			ADDED
    	Thomas Kinkaid			ADDED
    	Clifton Sprague			ADDED
    	William Southerland		ADDED
    	Marc Mitscher			ADDED
    	John Henry Towers		ADDED
    	Raymond Spruance		ADDED
    	Frank Fletcher			ADDED
    	Ernest King			ADDED
    	William Thomas Sampson		ADDED		AS	William T. Sampson
    	Winfield Scott Schley		ADDED		AS	Winfield S. Schley
    	William Daniel Leahy		ADDED		AS	William D. Leahy
    	Oliver Hazard Perry		ADDED
    	Thomas Dewey			ADDED

Arabia

Assyria

Austria
    	Archduke Charles Stephen of Austria	ADDED	AS	Charles Stephen of Austria
    	Anton Haus				ADDED
    	Charles I of Austria			ADDED	AS	Charles I

Aztec

Babylon

Brazil

Byzantium
    	John Doukas				ASSIGNED
    	CALONYMUS_OF_ALEXANDRIA			ASSIGNED
    	Alexios Apokaukos			ADDED
    	Eustathios Argyros			ADDED
    	Basil Theodorokanos			ADDED
    	Euphemius				ADDED
    	Himerios				ADDED
    	Isaac Kontostephanos			ADDED
    	Eustathios Kymineianos			ADDED
    	Demetrios Laskaris Leontares		ADDED
    	Licario					ADDED
    	Constantine Lips			ADDED
    	Marinus					ADDED
    	Andrea Morisco				ADDED
    	Alexios Mosele				ADDED
    	Constantine Opos			ADDED
    	Niketas Oryphas				ADDED
    	Alexios Doukas Philanthropenos		ADDED
    	Theophylact Rhangabe			ADDED
    	Theophanes				ADDED

Carthage
    	Himilco		ASSIGNED
    	Hanno		ASSIGNED
    	Adherbal	ADDED

Celts

China
    	Zheng He		ASSIGNED
    	Shi Lang		ASSIGNED
    	Gan Ning		ADDED
    	Zhou Yu			ADDED
    	Huang Gai		ADDED
    	Ching Shih		ADDED					China	Admiral	pirate
    	Ding Ruchang		ADDED

Denmark
    	Peter Tordenskjold		ASSIGNED
    	Leif Ericson			ASSIGNED
    	Erik Thorvaldsson		ASSIGNED
    	Bjarni Herjolfsson		ADDED
    	Steen Andersen Bille		ADDED
    	Johan Olfert Fischer		ADDED

Egypt
    	King Fuad I		ADDED
    	King Farouk		ADDED
    	King Fuad II		ADDED

Ethiopia

England
    	Horatio Nelson		ASSIGNED
    	James Cook		ASSIGNED
    	Francis Drake		ASSIGNED
    	Andrew Cunningham	ASSIGNED
    	William Cornwallis	ADDED
    	James Gambier		ADDED
    	George Brydges Rodney	ADDED
    	Samuel Hood		ADDED
    	Edward Hawke		ADDED
    	Richard Howe		ADDED
    	Sir Edward Pellew	ADDED
    	John Hawkins		ADDED
    	John Fisher		ADDED
    	John Jellicoe		ADDED
    	Charles Howard		ADDED
    	Henry Hudson		ADDED
    	Mary Read		ADDED			England	Admiral	pirate
    	Sir David Kirke		ADDED			good
    	Sir George Rooke	ADDED
    	George Byng		ADDED
    	Cloudesley Shovell	ADDED

France
    	Jacques Cartier				ASSIGNED
    	Comte de Grasse				ASSIGNED
    	Francois Joseph Paul			ADDED
    	Jean Bart				ADDED
    	Gaspard de Coligny			ADDED
    	Florent de Varennes			ADDED
    	Louis Alexandre				ADDED
    	Jeanne de Clisson			ADDED			France	Admiral
    	Claude Roquement de Brison		ADDED			good but not a very good admiral
    	Samuel de Champlain			ADDED			good
    	Jean Louis Xavier Francois Darlan	ADDED			AS		Francois Darlan
    	Ferdinand-Alphonse Hamelin		ADDED
    	Francois Thomas Trehouart		ADDED
    	Robert Surcouf

Germany
    	Alfred von Tirpitz	ASSIGNED
    	Karl Donitz		ADDED
    	Erich Raeder		ADDED
    	Maximilian von Spee	ADDED
    	Franz Hipper		ADDED
    	Reinhard Scheer		ADDED
    	Wilhelm Canaris		ADDED
    	Albert Wilhelm Heinrich			ADDED
    	Hans Ludwig Raimund von Koester		ADDED		AS	Hans Ludwig von Koester
    	Ernst Wilhelm Eduard von Knorr		ADDED		AS	Ernst Wilhelm von Knorr
    	August von Thomsen			ADDED

Greece
    	PHORMIO			ASSIGNED
    	Pytheas			ASSIGNED
    	Themistocles		ADDED
    	Cimon			ADDED
    	Lacedaemonius		ADDED

Huns

Inca

India
    	Vishnu Bhagwat			ADDED
    	Adhar Kumar Chatterji		ADDED
    	Jal Cursetji			ADDED
    	Gulab Mohanlal Hiranandani	ADDED

Indonesia
    	Hang Tuah		ADDED
    	Kebo Anabrang		ADDED
    	Pattimura		ADDED
    	Dharanindra		ADDED
    	Keumalahayati		ADDED

Iroquois

Japan	
    	Isoroku Yamamoto		ASSIGNED		*check given name
    	Heihachiro Togo			ASSIGNED		*check for given-name reversals
    	Chuichi Nagumo			ADDED
    	Tamon Yamaguchi			ADDED
    	Raizo Tanaka			ADDED
    	Takeo Kurita			ADDED
    	Jisaburo Ozawa			ADDED
    	Mitsumasa Yonai			ADDED
    	Mineichi Koga			ADDED
    	Kato Tomosaburo			ADDED
    	Shimamura Hayao			ADDED
    	Ijuin Goro			ADDED
    	Enomoto Takeaki			ADDED
    	Yamamoto Gonnohyoe		ADDED
    	Inoue Yoshika			ADDED
    	Ito Sukeyuki			ADDED

Korea
    	Yi Sun Shin			ASSIGNED
    	Son Won-il			ADDED
    	Yi Eok-gi			ADDED
    	Isabu				ADDED
    	Jang Bo-go			ADDED
    	Bae Jung-son			ADDED
    	Choe Mu-seon			ADDED

Maya

Mongol

Morocco

Netherland
    	Michel de Ruyter			ASSIGNED
    	Maarten Tromp				ADDED
    	Cornelis Tromp				ADDED
    	Jochem Hendricksz Swartenhont		ADDED
    	Jan van Brakel				ADDED
    	Jacob Pieter van Braam			ADDED
    	Pieter Pietersen Heyn			ADDED		ALSO KNOWN AS Piet Hein ?
    	Cornelis Corneliszoon Jol		ADDED		AS	Cornelis Jol
    	Cornelis Matelief de Jonge		ADDED
    	Jacob Willekens				ADDED
    	Witte de With				ADDED NEW
    	Johan Evertsen				ADDED NEW
    	Jan van Speijk				ADDED NEW
    	Karel Doorman				ADDED NEW
    	Jacob van Heemskerck			ADDED NEW
    	Egbert Kortenaer			ADDED NEW
    	Jacob Roggeveen				ADDED NEW
    	Abel Tasman				ADDED NEW
    	Johan Zoutman				ADDED NEW
    	Conrad Helfrich				ADDED NEW

* Some of these names might be better with a Belgium civilization

Ottoman
    	TURGUT_REIS			ASSIGNED
    	MURAT_REIS			ASSIGNED
    	HAYREDDIN_BARBAROSSA		ASSIGNED
    	Piri Reis			ADDED
    	Hadim Suleiman			ADDED
    	Muezzinzade Ali			ADDED
    	Piyale Pasha			ADDED
    	Uluc Ali 			ADDED
    	Kara Murad			ADDED
    	Silahdar Yusuf			ADDED
    	Kemal Reis			ADDED
    	Seydi Ali			ADDED
    	Oruc Reis			ADDED
    	Hasan Agha			ADDED
    	Kurdoglu Muslihittin		ADDED
    	Kurdoglu Hizir			ADDED
    	Koca Murad			ADDED

Persia
    	Artemisia I of Caria			ADDED		Persian		Admiral

Poland
    	Jozef Unrug		ADDED
    	Karol Korytowski	ADDED
    	Jerzy Swirski		ADDED
    	Arend Dickmann		ADDED
    	Michal Starosta		ADDED
    	Jakub Murrey		ADDED
    	Herman Witte		ADDED

Polynesia

Portugal
    	Afonso de Albuquerque		ASSIGNED
    	HENRY_THE_NAVIGATOR		ASSIGNED
    	Ferdinand Magellan		ASSIGNED
    	Vasco De Gama			ASSIGNED
    	Martim Afonso de Castro		ADDED
    	Fernando de Mascarenhas		ADDED			check against use already with spain
    	Martim Soares Moreno		ADDED			check against use already with spain

Rome
    	Marcus Atillius Regulus		ASSIGNED
    	Marcus Vispanius Agrippa	ASSIGNED
    	Marcus Calpurnius Bibulus	ADDED
    	Gaius Duilius			ADDED
    	Lucius Aemilius Regillus	ADDED
    	Marcus Lurius			ADDED
    	Gaius Lutatius Catulus		ADDED
    	Gaius Livius Salinator		ADDED
    	Gnaeus Servilius Geminus	ADDED
    	Titus Statilius Taurus		ADDED
    	Lucius Arruntius		ADDED

Russia
    	Fyodor Ushakov			ASSIGNED
    	ZINOVY_ROZHESTVENSKI		ASSIGNED
    	Grigory Spiridov		ADDED
    	Pavel Stepanovich Nakhimov	ADDED
    	Count Fyodor Apraksin		ADDED	AS	Fyodor Apraksin
    	Prince Alexander Menshikov	ADDED	AS	Alexander Menshikov
    	Count Andrei Osterman		ADDED	AS	Andrei Osterman
    	Prince Mikhail Golitsyn		ADDED	AS	Mikhail Golitsyn
    	Count Ivan Chernyshyov		ADDED	AS	Ivan Chernyshyov
    	Felix Gromov			ADDED
    	Vladimir Kuroyedov		ADDED
    	Vladimir Masorin		ADDED

Shoshone

Siam

Songhai

Spain

Christopher Columbus					ASSIGNED
    	Roger of Lauria						ASSIGNED	AS	Ruggiero di Lauria
    	Alvaro de Bazan						ASSIGNED
    	Juan de Austria = Don John of Austria			ASSIGNED	'Juan' instead of 'John'
    	Fernando Villaamil					ASSIGNED
    	Blas de Lezo						ADDED
    	Juan Martinez de Recalde				ADDED		(led the Armada)
    	Pascual Cervera y Topete				ADDED
    	Miguel Buiza Fernandez-Palacios				ADDED
    	Jose Romero y Fernandez de Landa			ADDED		AS	Jose Romero y Fernandez
    	Ignacio Maria de Alava y Saenz de Navarrete		ADDED		AS	Ignacio Maria de Alava
    	Fadrique Alvarez de Toledo y Mendoza			ADDED		AS	Fadrique Alvarez de Toledo
    	Garcia Alvarez de Toledo y Osorio			ADDED		AS	Garcia Alvarez de Toledo
    	Antonio Barcelo						ADDED
    	Ambrosio Boccanegra					ADDED
    	Luis de Cordova y Cordova				ADDED
    	Bonaventura Moreno					ADDED
    	Lope de Hoces						ADDED
    	Antonio de Oquendo					ADDED
    	Miguel de Horna						ADDED
    	Fernando Sanchez de Tovar				ADDED
    	Jose de Mazarredo y Salazar de Munatones Cortazar	ADDED		AS	Jose de Mazarredo y Salazar
    	Juan Martinez de Recalde				ADDED
    	Don Luis de Requesens					ADDED

Sweden
    	Ingela Gathenhielm					ADDED		Sweden		Admiral	privateer
    	King Charles XIII					ADDED		AS		Charles XIII
    	King Oscar I						ADDED		AS		Oscar I

Venice
    	Giovanni Caboto						ADDED		Italian
    	Amerigo Vespucci					ADDED		Italian
    	Niccolo Capello						ADDED 		venetian		admiral
    	Pietro Loredan						ADDED		venetian		admiral	check
    	Gianandrea D'Oria					ADDED		Genoan			check
    	Sebastiano Venier					ADDED		good venetian
    	Agostino Barbarigo					ADDED		good venetian
    	Lamba D'Oria						ADDED		Genoan

Zulu

Generic (no specific Civ affiliation)
    	Andrea Doria			ASSIGNED
    	Mathurin Romegas		ADDED

Names I need to look through and assign as appropriate
    (Currently these are active in the mod but not assigned to a particular civ)

George of Antioch			ADDED
    Kanhoji Angre				ADDED
    Keumalahayati				ADDED
    Gustav Horn				ADDED
    Xu Fu					ADDED
    Zhang Qian				ADDED
    Wang Dayuan				ADDED
    Hong Bao				ADDED
    Ngo Quyen 				ADDED
    Edward Preble				ADDED
    Tran Hung Dao				ADDED			Vietnam
    James Bond Stockdale			ADDED
    Huang Co Minh				ADDED			Vietnam
    Lam Nguon Tanh				ADDED			Vietnam
    Miguel Grau Seminario			ADDED			Peru
    Grainne Ni Mhaille			ADDED			Irish		Admiral	pirate

9. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

Instructions to Custom-Cvi Mod-Authors for Using This System

this post is just a stub for now while I work out the details of what exactly will required for custom civ-authors to make use of this system.

Making A Custom Civilization Use This System
    In order to make your custom civilization use this system, you need to do the following in your mod:

(1) Add a 'Reference' in ModBuddy

• Within your custom civilization mod add a reference to this mod so that when both this mod and your custom-civ mod are enabled by a player, this mod will load 1st.
    The mod ID # you need to add the reference is:
    Code:
    id="fe245559-0525-41bb-9e1c-b281e018b5fc"

It is necessary for you to add this reference in your mod since my mod deletes all data in the <Unit_UniqueNames> table for UNIT_GREAT_GENERAL and UNIT_GREAT_ADMIRAL. This is done to give me a 'clean slate' to work from and also to ensure that other mods such as Krajzen's Great People Pack does not interfere with my mod. (As a side-note, I force Krajzen's mod to load prior to mine when both are enabled).

This mod also adds a new column within the <Unit_UniqueNames> table, and therefore it needs to run 1st so you can make use of that new column.​

(2) Add The General and Admiral Names For Your Civ

• Create a new file within your mod for the added Great General or Admiral Names. This can be either an XML file or an SQL file.
    • Keep everything related to these Great General and Admiral Names within this new file (or files) but put nothing else in there so that if my mod is not enabled, this file will simply fail to load but not take any other parts of your code with it when it fails.
    • Once my mod is finished loading, the form of the <Unit_UniqueNames> table will be like this (note the new column highlighted in blue):
    Code:
    <GameData>
    	<Unit_UniqueNames>
    		<Row>
    			<UnitType>UNIT_GREAT_GENERAL</UnitType>
    			<UniqueName>TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_WINFIELD_SCOTT</UniqueName>
    			[COLOR="Blue"]<CivilizationType>CIVILIZATION_AMERICA</CivilizationType>[/COLOR]
    		</Row>
    	</Unit_UniqueNames>
    </GameData>
    You can also structure your rows within the table like this:
    Spoiler :
    I know this looks a little odd, but it actually works exactly the same as the previous example, and allows many more <Row> entries with many fewer actual lines of XML to look at
    Code:
    <GameData>
    	<Unit_UniqueNames>
    		<Row UnitType="UNIT_GREAT_GENERAL" UniqueName="TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_WINFIELD_SCOTT" CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" />
    	</Unit_UniqueNames>
    </GameData>

So if your Civilization's name is CIVILIZATION_GONDOR and you want to add 'Faramir' as a great general, you would have a table that looks like this:
    Code:
    <GameData>
    	<Unit_UniqueNames>
    		<Row>
    			<UnitType>UNIT_GREAT_GENERAL</UnitType>
    			<UniqueName>TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_FARAMIR</UniqueName>
    			<CivilizationType>CIVILIZATION_GONDOR</CivilizationType>
    		</Row>
    	</Unit_UniqueNames>
    </GameData>
    It is Absolutely Necessary that you use TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_XXXXX structure within the <UniqueName> column and do not 'short-cut' by simply stating
    Code:
    	<UniqueName>Faramir</UniqueName>
    This will cause errors to the lua function that handles the in-game assignments and re-naming of Great Generals and Great Admirals.​

• You need to also have a <Language_en_US> table where you specify the actual text that will be displayed for TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_FARAMIR (as an example). So you would also need within your file(s) the following:
    Code:
    <GameData>
    	<Language_en_US>
    		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_FARAMIR" />
    			<Text>Faramir</Text>
    		</Row>
    	</Language_en_US>
    </GameData>
    (or alternatively)
    Spoiler :
    Code:
    Please note that the Language_en_US table does not deal very well
    with ' characters within the Text="xxxx" portion of the Row when
    using this method.

<GameData>
    	<Language_en_US>
    		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_FARAMIR" Text="Faramir" />
    	</Language_en_US>
    </GameData>

(3) Replacer Civs
    I suspect most of you have a fair idea what you would need to do based on # 2 above, but I will be adding some instructions here later.

(4) Altering the Data in the Great Generals and Admirals Names Mod to Use Some of it for Your Civilization
    I suspect most of you have a fair idea what you would need to do based on # 2 above, but I will be adding some instructions here later.

Notes to Mod-Authors Who Wish to Use This System In Based-On, Include-This, and ModMods

I am quite happy to have anyone use this where they would like to. Before you do so, however, please read the following.

Covered Great People Types
    The lua side of the mod is finished and now allows the use of all great people types if someone so desires to make a similar mod for Great Scientists, as an example. As a practical matter, however, the lua of this mod can only properly cover the following Great People Types:
    Great Generals
    Great Admirals
    Great Scientists
    Great Merchants
    Great Engineers
    Great Prophets​

There is one dreadful limitation inherent in the game code
    Great Artists, Great Musicians, and Great Writers are included within the lua methods for re-naming by this mod, but at the current time there is no way via lua to assign Great Work X to Great Artist Y. You get what the game randomly assigns. I have left the ability to 'name' great Artists, etc., within the lua code in hopes someone will be able to make a dll or other cure to this problem, but it is currently beyond the scope of my abilities.

Including this mod as-is within your own mod:
    1. Obviously you can do so by copying all the files within this mod into yours, and then giving them the proper Modbuddy settings.
    2. You do need to make sure that the file UniqueUnitNames_CivColumn.sql is the 1st "UpdateDatabase" action from the list of XML and SQL files. Also, the file CleanUp.sql needs to be the last of the files that are added to "UpdateDatabase" actions.
    3. In such cases where you are adding all the files from this mod into one of your own, you should probably also set up a "block" of this mod within your mod.

Using the naming system on Other Great People types:
    1. If you want to use this system to create a mod that does naming for Great Scientists, as as example, you would do the following:
    2. Copy all the files from this mod into your new mod except everything in the Great Admirals and Great Generals folders.
    3. Use one or other of the Great Generals or Great Admirals folders as a template to create the XML files needed to add Great Scientist names for individual civs.
    4. Make sure that the file UniqueUnitNames_CivColumn.sql is the 1st "UpdateDatabase" action from the list of XML and SQL files. Also, the file CleanUp.sql needs to be the last of the files that are added to "UpdateDatabase" actions.
    5. Edit at the top of the Great People Names.lua to make it use Great Scientists instead of Great Generals and Great Admirals. Here's how:
    Spoiler :

Towards the top of the lua you will see these lines. Note the ones I've highlighted in blue:
    Code:
    -- add or remove units in the gValidGreatPeopleUnitTypes table to alter which Great People the main function executes for
    -- only unit designations for Great People can be included in this table
    -- currently UNIT_ARTIST , UNIT_WRITER , and UNIT_MUSICIAN don't work properly because of issues with bringing-along the correct great work
    --    with the unique unit name
    -- All other great people work with this system: UNIT_GREAT_GENERAL, UNIT_GREAT_ADMIRAL, UNIT_MERCHANT, UNIT_ENGINEER, UNIT_SCIENTIST, and UNIT_PROPHET

-- VARIABLE TO ASSIGN TABLE SAVE/LOAD TO A SPECIFIC MOD IS tableName
    -- you need to change from "GGMUGA2" to something unique for your mod
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[COLOR="blue"]gValidGreatPeopleUnitTypes = {"UNIT_GREAT_GENERAL", "UNIT_GREAT_ADMIRAL"}

tableName = "GGMUGA2"[/COLOR]

Change those lines to read:
    Code:
    -- add or remove units in the gValidGreatPeopleUnitTypes table to alter which Great People the main function executes for
    -- only unit designations for Great People can be included in this table
    -- currently UNIT_ARTIST , UNIT_WRITER , and UNIT_MUSICIAN don't work properly because of issues with bringing-along the correct great work
    --    with the unique unit name
    -- All other great people work with this system: UNIT_GREAT_GENERAL, UNIT_GREAT_ADMIRAL, UNIT_MERCHANT, UNIT_ENGINEER, UNIT_SCIENTIST, and UNIT_PROPHET

-- VARIABLE TO ASSIGN TABLE SAVE/LOAD TO A SPECIFIC MOD IS tableName
    -- you need to change from "GGMUGA2" to something unique for your mod
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[COLOR="Blue"]gValidGreatPeopleUnitTypes = {"UNIT_SCIENTIST"}

tableName = "GSCIENTIST"[/COLOR]

That's it, you're done.
    Note that where I changed tableName = to be "GSCIENTIST" you can name that anything you want that you are sure will be unique to your version of the mod, but you should avoid characters like ',&,%, etc., and you want to keep it fairly short.

If a player has both the original Generals and Admirals Mod (my mod) running at the same time as your new mod I am not sure how the game will react when there are two different SQL files each of which is trying to "Insert" a new column called CivilizationType into the Unit_UniqueNames table. We will have to cross that bridge together if and when*.

* unless an SQL expert has some advice to throw me on that issue

10. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

Custom Civ Mods Usage of Names From Within My List

Notes to USERS of this mod on the info presented within this post of the thread
    • The info presented here only applies when both the Civilization Appropriate General and Admiral Names mod the specified cutom civ mod(s) are enabled at the same time.
    • The info for redirected names would not apply to Calonymus of Alexandria, for example, and he would still be used for the original Byzantium unless DJSHenninger's Byzantium under Justinian I was enabled in the mods list.

In order to avoid conflicts between custom civ mods making use of this system, I am going to use this post as a 'registration' table of who is using what names from within the Appropriate Generals and Admirals mod for use with custom civilizations.

For now it's just a stub while I work out best methods. In the short terms just add a post here to the thread telling me and others what names you've used for what civs. It would also be nice if you add new names to the Unit_UniqueNames table to let others know which names and TXT_KEYS you've used to lessen the number of conflicts that might occur.

Redirected Names
    • Names moved from the assignments made within this mod to a new custom civilization
    G Person Name Type TXT_KEY Original Placement Custom Civ Mod-Author
    Nadir Shah General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_NADIR_SHAH Persia Afsharids DJSHenninger
    Musa Ibn Nusair General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_MUSA_IBN_NUSAIR Arabia The Umayyads DJSHenninger
    Uqba ibn Nafi General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_UQBA_IBN_NAFI Arabia The Umayyads DJSHenninger
    Mu'awiya General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_MU_AWIYA Arabia The Umayyads DJSHenninger
    Ziyad Ibn Abihi General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_ZIYAD_IBN_ABIHI Arabia The Umayyads DJSHenninger
    Belisarius General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_BELISARIUS Byzantium Byzantium (Justinian I) DJSHenninger
    Calonymus of Alexandria Admiral TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_CALONYMUS_OF_ALEXANDRIA Byzantium Byzantium (Justinian I) DJSHenninger

Additional Names Added by Custom Civilizations

• Names added to the lists in this mod for a new custom civilization
    • The Custom Civ adds the name to the list, and the names are only available to the game when the Custom Civ is enabled.
    Spoiler :

G Person Name Type TXT_KEY Custom Civ Mod-Author
    Tahmasp Khan Jalayer General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_TAHMASP_KHAN_JALAYER Afsharids DJSHenninger
    Mirza Qoli General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_MIRZA_QOLI Afsharids DJSHenninger
    Morteza Qoli General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_MORTEZA_QOLI Afsharids DJSHenninger
    Nasrollah Mirza General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_NASROLLAH_MIRZA Afsharids DJSHenninger
    Mullah Adineh Mostafi General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_MULLAH_ADINEH_MOSTAFI Afsharids DJSHenninger
    Ibrahim Khan General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_IBRAHIM_KHAN Afsharids DJSHenninger
    Haji Beg Khan General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_HAJI_BEG_KHAN Afsharids DJSHenninger
    Lutf Ali Khan General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_LUTF_ALI_KHAN Afsharids DJSHenninger
    Mohammad Taqi Khan Admiral TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_MOHAMMAD_TAQI_KHAN Afsharids DJSHenninger
    Prithvi Narayan Shah General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_PRITHVI_NARAYAN_SHAH Nepal DJSHenninger
    Yaksha Malla General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_YAKSHA_MALLA Nepal DJSHenninger
    Rana Bahadur Shah General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_RANA_BAHADUR_SHAH Nepal DJSHenninger
    Bhimsen Thapa General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_BHIMSEN_THAPA Nepal DJSHenninger
    Amar Singh Thapa General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_AMAR_SINGH_THAPA Nepal DJSHenninger
    Bhakti Thapa General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_BHAKTI_THAPA Nepal DJSHenninger
    Balbhadra Kunwar General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_BALBHADRA_KUNWAR Nepal DJSHenninger
    Damodar Pande General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_DAMODAR_PANDE Nepal DJSHenninger
    Samuel General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_SAMUEL Bulgaria (Samuel) DJSHenninger
    Gavril Radomir General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_GAVRIL_RADOMIR Bulgaria (Samuel) DJSHenninger
    Roman General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_ROMAN Bulgaria (Samuel) DJSHenninger
    Ivan Vladislav General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_IVAN_VLADISLAV Bulgaria (Samuel) DJSHenninger
    Krakra General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_KRAKRA Bulgaria (Samuel) DJSHenninger
    Ivats General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_IVATS Bulgaria (Samuel) DJSHenninger
    Nestoritsa General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_NESTORITSA Bulgaria (Samuel) DJSHenninger
    David General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_COMETOPULI_DAVID Bulgaria (Samuel) DJSHenninger
    Aron General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_COMETOPULI_ARON Bulgaria (Samuel) DJSHenninger
    Moses General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_COMETOPULI_MOSES Bulgaria (Samuel) DJSHenninger
    Ahtum General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_AHTUM Bulgaria (Samuel) DJSHenninger
    Vidyanandana General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_VIDYANANDANA Khmer Empire DJSHenninger
    Jayavarman II General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_JAYAVARMAN_II Khmer Empire DJSHenninger
    Jayavarman VII General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_JAYAVARMAN_VII Khmer Empire DJSHenninger
    Rajendravarman II General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_RAJENDRAVARMAN_II Khmer Empire DJSHenninger
    Sangrama General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_SANGRAMA Khmer Empire DJSHenninger
    Suryavarman I General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_SURYAVARMAN_I Khmer Empire DJSHenninger
    Yasovarman I General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_YASOVARMAN_I Khmer Empire DJSHenninger
    Dusan General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_DUSAN Serbia DJSHenninger
    Preljub General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_PRELJUB Serbia DJSHenninger
    Stefan Decanski General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_STEFAN_DECANSKI Serbia DJSHenninger
    Karadorde General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_KARADORDE Serbia DJSHenninger
    Janko Katic General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_JANKO_KATIC Serbia DJSHenninger
    Veljko Petrovic General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_VELJKO_PETROVIC Serbia DJSHenninger
    Vojinha General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_VOJIHNA Serbia DJSHenninger
    Stefan Lazarevic General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_STEFAN_LAZAREVIC Serbia DJSHenninger
    Isaac Komnenos General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_RJ_ISAAC_KOMNENOS Cyprus ryanjames
    Aimery of Cyprus General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_RJ_AIMERY Cyprus ryanjames
    Hugh III of Cyprus General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_RJ_HUGH_III Cyprus ryanjames
    James I of Cyprus General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_RJ_JAMES_I Cyprus ryanjames
    Henry II of Cyprus General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_RJ_HENRY_II Cyprus ryanjames
    Peter I of Cyprus General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_RJ_PETER_I Cyprus ryanjames
    Euagoras I General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_RJ_EUAGORAS_I Cyprus ryanjames
    Georgios Grivas General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_RJ_GEORGIOS_GRIVAS Cyprus ryanjames
    Abd al-Malik General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_ABD_AL_MALIK The Umayyads DJSHenninger
    Tariq ibn Ziyad General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_TARIQ_IBN_ZIYAD The Umayyads DJSHenninger
    Qutayba ibn Muslim General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_QUTAYBA_IBN_MUSLIM The Umayyads DJSHenninger
    Muhammad bin Qasim General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_MUHAMMAD_BIN_QASIM The Umayyads DJSHenninger
    Hasan ibn al-Nu'man General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_HASAN_BIN_AL_NUMAN The Umayyads DJSHenninger
    Al-'Abbas ibn al-Walid General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_AL_ABBAS_IBN_AL_WALID The Umayyads DJSHenninger
    Ibn al-Ash'ath General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_IBN_AL_ASHATH The Umayyads DJSHenninger
    Abdallah al-Battal General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_ABDALLAH_AL_BATTAL The Umayyads DJSHenninger
    Asad ibn Abdallah al-Qasri General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_ASAD_IBN_ABDALLAH_AL_QASRI The Umayyads DJSHenninger
    Maslama ibn Abd al-Malik General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_MASLAMA_IBN_ABD_AL_MALIK The Umayyads DJSHenninger
    Muhammad ibn Marwan General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_MUHAMMAD_IBN_MARWAN The Umayyads DJSHenninger
    Al-Jarrah ibn Abdallah General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_AL_JARRAH_IBN_ABDALLAH The Umayyads DJSHenninger
    Pavle Jurasic Sturm General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_PAVLE_JURISIC_STURM Serbia (Peter I) DJSHenninger
    Uzun-Mirko General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_UZUN_MIRKO Serbia (Peter I) DJSHenninger
    Colak-Anta General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_COLAK_ANTA Serbia (Peter I) DJSHenninger
    Stojan-Cupic General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_STOJAN_CUPIC Serbia (Peter I) DJSHenninger
    Radomir Putnik General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_RADOMIR_PUTNIK Serbia (Peter I) DJSHenninger
    Stepa Stepanovic General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_STEPA_STEPANOVIC Serbia (Peter I) DJSHenninger
    Stevan Knicanin General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_STEVAN_KNICANIN Serbia (Peter I) DJSHenninger
    Hermogenes General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_HERMOGENES Byzantium (Justinian I) DJSHenninger
    Sittas General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_SITTAS Byzantium (Justinian I) DJSHenninger
    Al-Harith ibn Jabalah General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_AL_HARITH_IBN_JABALAH Byzantium (Justinian I) DJSHenninger
    Narses General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_NARSES Byzantium (Justinian I) DJSHenninger
    Bessas General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_BESSAS Byzantium (Justinian I) DJSHenninger
    Solomon General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_SOLOMON Byzantium (Justinian I) DJSHenninger
    John Troglita General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_JOHN_TROGLITA Byzantium (Justinian I) DJSHenninger
    Mundus General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_MUNDUS Byzantium (Justinian I) DJSHenninger
    Nikephoros Ouranos General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_NIKEPHOROS_OURANOS Byzantium (Basil II) DJSHenninger
    Nikephoros Xiphias General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_NIKEPHOROS_XIPHIAS Byzantium (Basil II) DJSHenninger
    Theodorokanos General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_THEODOROKANOS Byzantium (Basil II) DJSHenninger
    Constantine Diogenes General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_CONSTANTINE_DIOGENES Byzantium (Basil II) DJSHenninger
    Theophylact Botaneiates General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_THEOPHYLACT_BOTANEIATES Byzantium (Basil II) DJSHenninger
    Eustathios Daphnomeles General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_EUSTATHIOS_DAPHNOMELES Byzantium (Basil II) DJSHenninger
    Nicetas Pegonites General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_NICETAS_PEGONITES Byzantium (Basil II) DJSHenninger
    John Axouch General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_JOHN_AXOUCH Byzantium (John II) DJSHenninger
    Nikephoros Tarchaneiotes General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_NIKEPHOROS_TARCHANEIOTES Byzantium (Michael VIII) DJSHenninger
    Alexios Strategopoulos General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_ALEXIOS_STRATEGOPOULOS Byzantium (Michael VIII) DJSHenninger
    John Palaiologos General TXT_KEY_GREAT_PERSON_DJSH_JOHN_PALAIOLOGOS Byzantium (Michael VIII) DJSHenninger

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  11. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

12. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

13. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

This is great LeeS! I always play as Rome, and getting Sun Tzu or Saladin as my Great General is sooo annoying. It's a good thing you thought of a fix first - if I had been doing this I'd have done some clunky thing with dummy units...:crazyeye:

14. Barking Iguana

Barking Iguana Chieftain

It occurs to me that if civs not in the game have their leader names immediately placed in the generic names list, someone playing a civ without names will get early information about who is not in the game. Perhaps it would be better to use the generic list only for civs without names until either that list is exhausted or the World Congress has met, whichever comes first.

15. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

Fair enough point. But I'll have to think about how much additional code would be required vis-a-vis what the return on that time-investment to make the code would be. Right now, just giving the idea some preliminary thought, it's a bit of a code-bloater, I think.

16. StarlitSkies

StarlitSkies Chieftain

Pretty neat! Getting out-of-civ Great People was one of the first things that bugged (albeit just slightly) about Civ V. Any plans to move to the other GP types? I suppose it'd be difficult to name scientists & engineers for many of the "primitive" civs, though. Whereas Greece and many other Western civs would be a naming-cakewalk.

EDIT: BTW, totally love your signature. xD

17. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

What I would like to do is create a custom list of great generals and admirals for my WWI scenario. How would I do that? Is it hard to change the names?

18. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

Is your scenario a full-blown mod with new rules and such or is it merely a map scenario ?

19. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

Basically it is a map scenario. I did change some xml nothing major though.

20. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

Throw me a link to where I can download it (hopefully a direct download rather than a steam since I've been having trouble with steam and mod downloading lately). I haven't done a lot with worldbuilder maps except where I just put down starting locations. Not sure exactly how things are done structurally when there are also XML rules, so I just need to look at one before I answer back on the meat of your question.