• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Civilization Guide: Rome

Also, playing tradition as Rome... just no. That doesnt make any sense at all.

Free buildings in Rome. Happiness and money based on what should be the strongest city in the game. Extra growth, particularly in...Rome. The wonder boost can help becasue Rome would like any free buildings it can get but probably won't want to take time off for anything that doesn't give a free building, so a better chance of free buildings and getting wonders in other cities. Every city also provides what amounts to a free unit while at peace.

Remember that Rome wants to take over the world slowly. They did an amazing job of mimicking life in this case. Rome should start out going tall to get a key national wonder or two (NC at least, heroic epic would be nice, ironworks if possible) and use the extremely powerful ballistae and legions to start conquering.

Rome (city) is always vital to Rome (empire) due to the UA, so ANYTHING that helps the capital is better for Rome than any other civ in the game.

Those two facts together make tradition good, if not great, for Rome.

All right, you guys changed my mind about tradition. Yes, tradition is fine and I'll edit the thread, but I'm not gonna explain tradition in detail because liberty is still the main route. :)

Has anyone considered stacking both Tradition and Liberty as Rome? Anyway, if you do start Liberty with Rome, I would recommend grabbing a Great Engineer when you finish it and throwing down a Manufactory instead of rushing a wonder.

Top Bottom