Civilization III: Worldwide

Yes, it works normally for me. Just choose the multiplayer option on the main menu, then load the scenario and choose hotseat. I haven't tried a PBEM but imagine it would work the same. I don't know about multiplayer because I don't have the Steam version. Still getting my money's worth from the discs.

When I get a moment I'll post a new labels file for steam users.

Makes me sad that there are no multiplayer sites that I know of that support this game over the internet. it'd very much make testing faster.

I ran into a problem with one of the African civs. I can't remember which, so i've been testing them these last few days starting with West Africans, which so far don't seem to be the cause. I admit that I have not been building every single unit however... :( All I know is that the crash was related to a unit after the first era. I suspect the Maghreb. I'll keep testing to find out.

:old: 2017 !!!! You got to be joking mate....

Found a bug with the last Russian artillery. Was upgrading an artillery unit produced by the Russian Wonder that produces factories in every city (Creation of said unit was not listed. Based off of Industrial complex?). Came up with an error regarding the Final Modern version's fortification status. Is there any way I can perhaps change this? :help:

On another note, tried this mod for hotseat with amazing success! (Minus the fact that we're all busy, so we hardly got out of the first part of the ancient age :cringe:). Note for those who are playing hotseat with the original disk in my experience, you MUST have internet access to start setup of a game. After the initial page is up, you can drop the connection. Hope this helps?

I was initially writing 2017 jokingly, but at this rate...who knows.

Found a bug with the last Russian artillery. Was upgrading an artillery unit produced by the Russian Wonder that produces factories in every city (Creation of said unit was not listed. Based off of Industrial complex?). Came up with an error regarding the Final Modern version's fortification status. Is there any way I can perhaps change this? :help:

Were you playing as Russia, or as another civ that captured the 5-year plan wonder?

Hello AnthonyBoscia :)

first of all i wanted to thank you for your effort to make such a great mod!!

I reinstalled the steam complete edition v1.22 in english today, after i've read about this mod.

But sadly i got some problems... I'd me more than happy if you could help me.

im playing as Turks and ..

1: whenever i wanna found my 4th city, i crash back to desktop ...

2: the texts are really weird... below the adviser pic it says: passwords unsatisfied

the text and interface problems are plenty , also if i rightclick on cities with units in it , it shows some weird options like : great,lets play the game Turkish Archer ( it leads me to the civpedia) and : Native american architecture, and so on :/ the civpedia entries are f*** up too, like different names and pics

EDIT: i changed the resolution with the .ini data, but text problems were there before that...
The worldwide folder is in the conquests scenarios and the .biq data is placed next to the other vanilla biqs

Does anyone have similiar problems?

Thanks guys!!

Hi, Yakuzza. This problem is caused by the new steam version of the game which changed the Labels.txt file. I am attaching a new labels file to this post. You must put the new labels file into the Worldwide/Text folder and replace the old labels file.

This should fix the problem. I cannot test it myself because I still use the CD version of the game. Let me know if this works and I will post it on the main page.

Hi Anthony and thanks for your quick reply!!

But im sorry, I dont see any attached files to your post(the reply after my questions), or do you mean you'll do it later?

( you dont mean the small zip folder on the first page, called Worldwide 2.8 with a civilopedia text folder in it ,do you?)

again thanks alot

EDIT: and btw , i've downloaded the mod from the russian cloud link above, and the biq file is called says i use v. 2.7 ......

It is attached to the last post now.

I don't know what version was posted to the other website, so you should probably get the attachment from the first post to have the 2.8 version.

Hello! I conclude a game of your mod. In the screen of victory -Defeat in my case jaj- (In which appears the face of my lider), when I try close, the game crash. My windows is the 7 Ultimate. Any idea why this happens?

Hello! I conclude a game of your mod. In the screen of victory -Defeat in my case jaj- (In which appears the face of my lider), when I try close, the game crash. My windows is the 7 Ultimate. Any idea why this happens?

Lean, I have seen this crash before in several games during the victory screens when you try to click on the close button. It has appeared in not only this game, but other working scenarios as well. I do not understand what causes this crash, because it does not always happen 100% of the time. It is frustrating because it comes right at the moment of winning the game. Sorry I could not be of more help, although perhaps someone else is aware of what causes this crash. I know that it is not caused by the pcx picture files.

Ok. Thank you very much! At least, I was quiet to know that this is not always. Your Mod is very funny, and more accurate conceptually what the game original. Greetings!

Top Bottom