Civilization Imperialism

Androrc

Prince
I am making a mod based on the games Imperialism and Imperialism II. It will also be based in Trade Empires when I get it.

Right now the civs are:

Arabia
Assyria
Austria(Industrious/Expansionist)
Babylon
Byzantium
China(Scientific/Agricultural)
Egypt
France(Industrious/Commercial)
Germany(Industrious/Scientific)
Great Britain(Industrious/Seafaring)
Greece
India(Religious/Expansionist)
Italy(Religious/Commercial)
Kush
Netherlands(Commercial/Seafaring)
Persia
Phoenicia
Portugal(Expansionist/Seafaring)
Rome
Russia(Militaristic/Expansionist)
Spain(Militaristic/Seafaring)
Sweden(Expansionist/Scientific)
Turkey(Expansionist/Commercial)

Unplayable Civs:

The Aztecs
The Cherokee
Denmark
The Incas
The Iroquois
The Kwakiutl
The Mayas
The Pueblo
The Sioux

I've changed the governments too:

Absolutist Monarchy(Paid Rush, No War Weariness, 1 Draft, 4 Military Police, Problematic Corruption)
Constitutional Monarchy(Paid Rush, Low War Weariness, 2 Draft, 2 Military Police, Nuisance Corruption)
Republic(Paid Rush, Low War Weariness, 3 Draft, No Military Police, Nuisance Corruption)

I'm also changing the improvements, natural resources, techs and units.

Any comments/ideas?

yes, some more detail woudl be great :)

No USA - Because I want America to be filled with Native Tribes) so that it is easier for it to be conquered/colonized.

Denmark - It is in the mod, just not playable.

China - I'll surely add it.

Japan - I'll add it some time later.

Also, about Denmark and the Native Tribes, they'll be unplayable nations with minimum agression and no civ traits. There'll be others as well. I'll update the first post.

EDIT: Also, should I have Prussia and some other german states, Sardinia and Naples/Sicily, Spain and Catalonia and Holland and Belgium or unified Germany, Italy, Spain and Netherlands?

Originally posted by Androrc
It's based in the 1500-1900 era. Imperialism I and II are strategy games in which you control a great power and have to colonize and conquer territories.
Hmm... Italy were not united until late in this period. Can't recall the year though. But around 1900.

Originally posted by ArbitraryGuy
Cool scenario! What other ideas do you have?
\

Thanks! I was thinking about making a Tech-tree without eras, because, for example having to research Crop Rotation to go to the next era to research Steam in Mining wouldn't make much sense. I will use the era for the civ leaders in which their civ was at it's height. Also, I'll use improvements like, Steel Mill and Lumber Mill, which will give production and others like Textile Looms which will give 1 happiness. Also, I am needing a list for Austrian and Italian cities/leaders, can anyone give me one, or a link? Also, where can I find a map with resources?

The Huron are part of the Iroquois confederation so there is no need to include both.

I can help you out with the Cherokee since I'm 100% Cherokee. I'm almost finished with my final release of the Cherokee Civilization Mod.

Originally posted by Mobilize
The Huron are part of the Iroquois confederation so there is no need to include both.

I can help you out with the Cherokee since I'm 100% Cherokee. I'm almost finished with my final release of the Cherokee Civilization Mod.

But isn't there something about the Huron fighting the Iroquois? Thanks for the help with the Cherokee :) Could you give me a city list, leader and military/scientific leader list?

EDIT: Just noticed I am with excess civs. Going to remove the Huron, Bulgaria, Albania and Romania.

Hmm I would love to help, I just dont know so much about moding... It would be cool if you downloaded the civ-mods here from CFF and used them in your mod....
Danish civ: (not C3C) http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?threadid=10520
Swedish civ: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?threadid=8944
Austria civ: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?threadid=70375

There are many more, but it's up to you if you are going to use them... BTW for Danish scientific leaders you can just use the vikings, they are all danes... (know it was,nt) important since they're unplayable but they are the only one I know something about... BTW just download those civs for citylist and great leaders...

You're welcome... BTW why is Denmark unplayable???
It's such a cool civ... ;)

EDIT: i think that Rome and som other citys were owned by the pope and were called the papal states...
And BWT when you write Italy do you mean the neapolitans??

Yes, Rome was owned by the pope in the middle ages... But the mod/scenario now includes ancient age too :) Italy is basically Piedmont/Sardinia which united Italy in the 19th century. Since medieval/modern Italy has a culture so different than ancient Rome, I thought Rome needed their own civ.

Denmark is unplayable, because it is weakened in the mod(minimum agression, only able to build regular infantries and militia)... I had Serbia and Switzerland as unplayable too, but I decided to give Serbia to the Byzantines and Switzerland to Italy(Piedmont once owned Switzerland). I could make the unplayable civs playable though, but they might be a hard game. The regular infantries have a medium attack and defense... and the militia are weak and immobile. Only being able to build those units serves their purpose, since that would make them not build a large empire, but they would still be able to defend themselves from Germany and Sweden.

BTW, how do I post a preview?

Top Bottom