1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilization Request Thread

Discussion in 'Civilization Design Resources' started by TheTacticalApe, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Hoop Thrower

Hoop Thrower Cyberbolivarian Inkarri

This is almost completly the same than the Tehuelche civ that may or may not be in the works, not only the UA, the UU and UI too. It's almost freakishly similar.

2. ldvhl

ldvhl ніщо

Double freaky since I think I made their civ icon also. You know, if they're being made. Which I'm not confirming.

3. Sonti

Sonti Chieftain

Novgorod
    moscow
    crimea
    hansebund
    burgund
    aquitaine
    :crazyeye:

4. Scapegrace

Scapegrace Obvious Spambot

I'm fairly certain there's a Crimea in the works somewhere, and there's definitely been a Burgundian Civ talked about here before, though I can't recall where. Anyway, welcome to the forum, enjoy your affections being torn between Jifford, Pooky, and TPang. =]

5. Zantonius Hamm

Zantonius Hamm Gay anime communist

Novgorod is being made by JFD and the Hanseatic League is planned by Hypereon (at least I think so). So hooray! Several of your wishes are being fulfilled. :D

6. TheLohoped

TheLohoped Known today as TLPD-AVW

I love how people say that they want a Burgundian civ without saying which Burgundy they mean. There were four different Burgundies in history: Kingdom 1, Kingdom 2, County and Duchy. I guess the most popular ones are the Duchy and the First Kingdom.

7. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

And... here goes my "exotic" knowledge.

8. Oizys

Oizys Chieftain

Just thought of sharing an idea I had about an aggressive culture civilization. Not sure if it's possible or anyone has any interest, but it is as follows:
    ・UA: +50% faster border growth and +100% faster border growth during Golden Ages. Starting from Renaissance Era, may use caravans to send Culture via internal routes.
    ・UU: musketman replacement that can be bought with culture points. Has an unique promotion for the following effects:
    1. While in enemy territory, the musketman replacement reduces the enemy's civilization Culture gain equal to its attack points.
    2. Whenever it kills an enemy unit, the musketman replacement will send Tourism equal to its attacking points to the defeated unit's civilization.
    OR
    2. Whenever it kills an enemy unit, the musketman replacement will send Tourism equal to its attacking points to all civilizations that declared war against this enemy.
    ・UI: fort replacement that can be also built over the water. +3 Tourism if placed outside workable city limits. Cannot be built adjacent to another fort.

9. Natan35

Welcome to the forum! :D Hope you will stay!
    That's a very interesting idea!

10. Oizys

Oizys Chieftain

Thanks, I have been lurking around for quite a while! Just never had much to contribute until now :D

11. Natan35

Feel free to visit the other threads....

12. Scapegrace

Welcome to the forum! I realise this is a bit late, but oh well. I like the idea about the forts - we don't see much use for the tiles outside workable range. You can't build on water, though. Sorry. Not even Firaxis could do it, since part of the plan for the Netherlands was for them to be able to do that with Polders. What empire, polity, or group would even have that, though? Figure that out and you've got the makings of a really interesting Civ. I'd be only too happy to help. =]

13. Tarmont

Tarmont Empress

AFAIK Firaxis wanted to turn coastal tiles into grasslands/plains. You do can build things on water.

14. Kerfuffle

Kerfuffle King of the Whale Sharks

Didn't someone figure out how to make polders buildable on coast (with the limitation being it must be surrounded by 3 (or was it 4) or more land tiles. That mod also allowed them to be built on lakes I believe.

15. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

Somebody (JFD perhaps) had a civ that can build coastal forts on water tiles. I'll have to go peruse through his roughly 7 billion civs to find out which one.

16. Tarmont

Tarmont Empress

Denmark-Norway

17. Danmacsch

Danmacsch Geheimekabinetsminister

18. shaglio

Yes, the Kontreadmiral, which is a Great Admiral replacement, can create Citadels on water tiles.

19. Scapegrace

Well, that's me told, innit? =]

20. shaglio

Your record is now 46,784 - 1 which is still a pretty darn good win percentage! ;)