Civilization Request Thread

Found a good potential icon symbol for La Tene if you're interested:

Oh biscuits, here's a preliminary design for the civ:

La Tene
Leader Name???
Center of Trade: Your territory does not count against the distance of trade routes. Gain one gold per turn for each foreign trade route moving through your territory.
La Tene
Colours - Bronze and Greenish?
Unique Unit: Spear Chariot. Replaces Chariot Archer. Cost: 56. Combat: 12. Movement: 4. Does not have the ranged attack of the standard Chariot Archer. Instead, it has a stronger melee attack with a 25% bonus against other mounted units.
Unique Improvement: Oppidum. Replaces Trading Post and can be built in the same tiles as a Trading Post. Available at Mining. +1 Faith. +10% to units on this tile on defense after Masonry. +1 Hammer after Iron Working. +1 Gold after Guilds.
Starting Bias: Grassland Hills
Region: Western Europe

This is almost completly the same than the Tehuelche civ that may or may not be in the works, not only the UA, the UU and UI too. It's almost freakishly similar.

Double freaky since I think I made their civ icon also. You know, if they're being made. Which I'm not confirming.

I'm fairly certain there's a Crimea in the works somewhere, and there's definitely been a Burgundian Civ talked about here before, though I can't recall where. Anyway, welcome to the forum, enjoy your affections being torn between Jifford, Pooky, and TPang. =]

Novgorod
moscow
crimea
hansebund
burgund
aquitaine
:crazyeye:

Novgorod is being made by JFD and the Hanseatic League is planned by Hypereon (at least I think so). So hooray! Several of your wishes are being fulfilled. :D

I love how people say that they want a Burgundian civ without saying which Burgundy they mean. There were four different Burgundies in history: Kingdom 1, Kingdom 2, County and Duchy. I guess the most popular ones are the Duchy and the First Kingdom.

And... here goes my "exotic" knowledge.

Just thought of sharing an idea I had about an aggressive culture civilization. Not sure if it's possible or anyone has any interest, but it is as follows:
・UA: +50% faster border growth and +100% faster border growth during Golden Ages. Starting from Renaissance Era, may use caravans to send Culture via internal routes.
・UU: musketman replacement that can be bought with culture points. Has an unique promotion for the following effects:
1. While in enemy territory, the musketman replacement reduces the enemy's civilization Culture gain equal to its attack points.
2. Whenever it kills an enemy unit, the musketman replacement will send Tourism equal to its attacking points to the defeated unit's civilization.
OR
2. Whenever it kills an enemy unit, the musketman replacement will send Tourism equal to its attacking points to all civilizations that declared war against this enemy.
・UI: fort replacement that can be also built over the water. +3 Tourism if placed outside workable city limits. Cannot be built adjacent to another fort.

Welcome to the forum! :D Hope you will stay!
That's a very interesting idea!

Feel free to visit the other threads....

Welcome to the forum! I realise this is a bit late, but oh well. I like the idea about the forts - we don't see much use for the tiles outside workable range. You can't build on water, though. Sorry. Not even Firaxis could do it, since part of the plan for the Netherlands was for them to be able to do that with Polders. What empire, polity, or group would even have that, though? Figure that out and you've got the makings of a really interesting Civ. I'd be only too happy to help. =]

You can't build on water, though. Sorry. Not even Firaxis could do it, since part of the plan for the Netherlands was for them to be able to do that with Polders.
AFAIK Firaxis wanted to turn coastal tiles into grasslands/plains. You do can build things on water.

Didn't someone figure out how to make polders buildable on coast (with the limitation being it must be surrounded by 3 (or was it 4) or more land tiles. That mod also allowed them to be built on lakes I believe.

Somebody (JFD perhaps) had a civ that can build coastal forts on water tiles. I'll have to go peruse through his roughly 7 billion civs to find out which one.

Well, that's me told, innit? =]

Top Bottom