1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilization Request Thread

Discussion in 'Civilization Design Resources' started by TheTacticalApe, Oct 2, 2010.

1. ldvhl

ldvhl ніщо

That's a civ I wouldn't mind doing. Assuming I ever get the Squamish out.

2. Urdnot_Scott

Urdnot_Scott Sultan

Turkey Split

3. DonStamos

DonStamos Mobster Inc©

Am I reading Mehmet's UA right: Take capital = annex entire enemy empire?

4. Urdnot_Scott

Urdnot_Scott Sultan

No, I meant it to mean they all stop becoming occupied, though it was worded wrong, thanks!

5. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

You are brilliant. simply brilliant. Can you split Songhai\Babylon\Morocco next?

Fixing my Chola idea(i do things better from the second time):

Spoiler :
    Leader: Rajendra Chola I

UA: Cholan imperialism
    All units gain 20% :c5strength: combat boost against cities adjacent to a source of water\fresh water, and conquering those cities contribute :c5production: production towards :c5faith: faith buildings in the empire. Upon making peace, gain :c5gold: gold based on the amount of cities you conquered from other civilizations.

UB: Siva Temple
    Replaces temple. Starts a WLtKD upon conquering a city. If built in a city with a source of fresh water, it will have a :greatwork: great work of art slot, that provides 1 :c5greatperson: great artist point when filled.

UU:Thirisadai
    Replaces Galleass. More expansive, but has higher melee strength (18). When it attacks a unit, it deals damage to adjacent units equal to 33% of the damage of the attacked unit.

6. Xepthrichros

Xepthrichros Chieftain

7. Natan35

Had a Siam split idea:

Kingdom of Sukhothai
    Spoiler :
    Leader: Ram Khamhaeng
    UA: Pax Sukhothai
    Demanding tribute from city-states reduces :c5influence: influence by 33% less, and allied city states provide :c5gold: GPT in addition to other bonuses. Killing enemy units near CS territory provides 25% more :c5influence: influence.

UB: Ceramics workshop
    Replaces workshop. Instead of the workshop's effects, it provides 1 :c5culture: culture, 2 :c5production: production and increases the :c5gold: gold from :trade: trade routes to and from this city by 1. It also provides a copy of the trade able ceramic ware resource.

UB: Wat
    Replaces university. In addition to the effects of the university, the wat provides 1 :c5culture: culture and :c5faith: faith.

The Ayutthaya kingdom
    Spoiler :
    Leader: Naresuan

UA: Mandala
    Each social policy tree unlocked reduces :c5unhappy: unhappiness from cities by 15%(up to 75%), and increases the :c5gold: gold from :c5trade: city connections by 1. :trade: trade routes to :c5puppet: puppet cities provide 2 extra :c5gold: gold.

UU: Naresuan's elephant
    Replaces the knight. Available later(at banking), but has a lower penalty against cities (15%), higher :c5strength: combat strength(22) and bonus against cavalry(25%). Has lower :c5moves: movement.

UI: Rice Field
    May only be built next to sources of fresh water, and only on grassland\plains. +2 :c5food: food, +1 :c5production: production. May never be built adjacent to another rice field. Adjacent sources of fresh water provide 1 extra :c5food: food(may stack up to 2 times).

8. Scapegrace

Scapegrace Obvious Spambot

People kind of have a thing about Civs with two UBs, Natan. Allow me to adjust that Sukhothai Civ accordingly:-

---

Sukhothai (Ramkhamtrollface Ramkhamhaeng)
    Start Bias: Coastal
    Capital: :c5capital: Sukhodaya
    UA: Pho Khun
    City-State Influence decays 10% slower for each Allied City-State. Each City-State from whom you could demand Tribute increases :c5culture: Culture output in the :c5capital: Capital by 10%
    UI: Sangkalok Kiln (New!)
    Unlocked at Pottery. Generates +1 :c5culture: Culture and :c5production: Production. Generates +1 additional :c5culture: Culture for each Production Building in the City working the Tile.
    UB: Wat (replaces University)
    Standard University benefits. Additionally, generates +1 :c5culture: Culture per turn, and also gives 20 :c5culture: Culture every time you complete a City-State quest.

---

I think referencing the pottery of the period is a really good idea, but it could also work as a UI. For reference, Pho Khun is an old Thai title for a paternal ruler implemented by Ramkhamhaeng, who is a nasty troll and ought to be put up against a wall and shot for the good of the land. God, but I hate that snide, grinning little rat's anus. =]

9. Natan35

That reminds me Iberia now...but with only culture, and no trade focus...

10. Kerfuffle

Kerfuffle King of the Whale Sharks

Ya know, there are more creative ways of naming a UA than slapping together the word 'Pax' with whatever the civ name is - especially when such a phrase is never even used to describe a period or aspect of that civ. I've noticed that you've been using this to name the UA's in various of your civ proposals and it bugs me to no end :p

But Scape's Sukhothai proposal hardly resembles The Iberians? :crazyeye: If anything the first part of the UA is closer to vanilla Greece, but even then everything else is pretty different. As for no trade focus, I think the culture from completing city-state quests and bonus culture in the capital from intimidating City-states effectively represents exchanges/trade/interactions between Sukhothai and it's neighbours in an indirect way. There are already a variety of civs out there that play around with the trade mechanic anyways.

11. SULOMON

SULOMON Mod Civs Best Civs.

Despite not physically existing a civilization led by Prester John or King David would be interesting. At the very least perhaps as an April Fool's civ (though I'm not sure a civ could be made in a month).

12. Natan35

Well, thats, fortunately, is not entirely true. Legui made an Israel civ, led by king David.:)
    @Fulafel(I'm calling you like that now): its because the UAs are based on what happened when the civ was dominant\at its greatest extant(AKA its "Pax"). That's the naming.
    Also, what is bugging me, is people putting a question mark instead of a point at the end of the sentence (*cough*half of the forum*cough*).
    @Scapegrace: your design is nice, actually(well,:mischief:). But try to actually split it...:crazyeye:

13. Zantonius Hamm

Zantonius Hamm Gay anime communist

Well, in most cases the question marks are there because the sentences are questions.

It doesn't really matter if you have a reason for naming many of your UA names almost the exact same, because it's repetitive. There's guaranteed to be better alternatives.

14. Natan35

Prepare for idea spam(especially that I'm on vacation now).

15. Scapegrace

Scapegrace Obvious Spambot

Speaking of Civs that don't exist...

---

Mu Empire (Ra-Mu)
    Start Bias: Coastal
    Capital: :c5capital: El'Niarre-Avren
    UA: Empire Of The Sun
    +1% :c5greatperson: Great People generation rate for each Technology unlocked. Great Tile Improvements grant +2 of their respective yield in the :c5capital: Capital.
    UU: Naacal (replaces Great Scientist)
    May be expended for a large science boost. Each Naacal expended grants +1 :c5science: Science in all Cities. Additionally, the Naacal may be used to construct an Akhen Spire rather than an Academy, which yields 10 :c5science: Science rather than 8 as well as 1 :c5greatperson: Great Scientist point. The latter yield increases by +1 at Scientific Theory and Atomic Theory.
    UB: Yonaguni Superstructure (replaces Garden)
    Does not require Fresh Water, but may only be built in a Coastal City. +25% :c5greatperson: Great People generation rate, with an additional +1% for each Great Person previously spawned in the empire.

---

Yes it's broken af, but that's why it's an April Fool's Civ. =]

16. Natan35

Thats- a civ to my liking. Is that based on fiction or something?

17. SULOMON

SULOMON Mod Civs Best Civs.

I'm talking about the fictional King David that was supposedly the son of Prester John.

18. Zantonius Hamm

The continent of Mu is a fairly well known conspiracy theory about there once existing a continent in the Pacific. Basically a larger Atlantis.

19. COF

COF Chieftain

Are Lemuria and Mu the same thing?

20. Zantonius Hamm

Not necessarily.