Civilization Request Thread

+2 guaranteed faith per turn at the start of the game? Yeah, that's a lot. That's, like, a lot a lot. How much faith do you need for a pantheon? Not much. You can go for a faith-generating pantheon and get another few TRs out and have a massive faith advantage over Deity-level AIs, which is sort of not what should happen. It needs to be changed, IMO. =]

Doesn't Stele grant +2 Faith, though?

+2 guaranteed faith per turn at the start of the game? Yeah, that's a lot. That's, like, a lot a lot. How much faith do you need for a pantheon? Not much. You can go for a faith-generating pantheon and get another few TRs out and have a massive faith advantage over Deity-level AIs, which is sort of not what should happen. It needs to be changed, IMO. =]
A trade route has to be possible it is not guaranteed faith. And the terrain has to be right for a faith pantheon.
Edit: Also a trade route so early would most likely get plundered by barbarians.

Doesn't Stele grant +2 Faith, though?

There are at least 3 Civs in G&K that are guaranteed to get a Pantheon - Ethiopia, Celts and Maya.

It's not that big of a deal. Plus it's a high-risk high-reward scenario.

There are at least 3 Civs in G&K that are guaranteed to get a Pantheon - Ethiopia, Celts and Maya.

I have no problems with the UA, it does seem interesting to me. To be honest, I find the limitation of internal routes to be more troublesome than the actual pantheon/religion rushing.

Celts aren't guaranteed a religion. Forest bias doesn't lend itself to faith generating pantheons.

Celts aren't guaranteed a religion. Forest bias doesn't lend itself to faith generating pantheons.

Doesn't matter, God-King always works.

Besides, they'll get by at max T10 with a barely decent start.

Dependent on difficulty. This thread is getting off topic shall we agree to disagree for now?

Shrine+Capital with 3 Forest adjacent+second city with 1 Forest adjacent+God-King is +5 Faith, though.

Nevertheless, anything that can be modified in the Civ?

And illogical.

I almost feel stupid for putting quite a bit of effort into constructive criticism of all Natans designs when that's the kind of response I get :crazyeye:

I've started refering to him as NatanYahoo

If you're ever feeling stupid, look at Natan, and you won't any more. Trust me. =]

Anyway:-

Ottoman Beylik (Orhan Bey)
Start Bias: Grassland
Capital: :c5capital: Sogut
UA: Pelekanon And Onward
Land Units gain a :c5strength: Combat Bonus in foreign territory that increases the closer they are to that Civilization's :c5capital: Capital. Upon Declaring War with a Major Civilization, receive a copy of a Unique Unit for which you have the requisite Technology from a Civilization not in the game.
UU: Yaya (replaces Longswordsman)
Cheaper and weaker than the Longswordsman it replaces, the Yaya is rather faster, with the +1 :c5moves: Movement promotion. They also receive the unique promotion "Anvil of Marica", which allows adjacent units deal +50% bonus damage when defending against Mounted Units and +33% when attacking them. Upgrades to Musketman as normal, but does not require Iron.
UU: Timariot (replaces Lancer)
The Timariot is unlocked at Banking and has the unique promotion "Jebelu Muster" that allows adjacent Ottoman units to earn Experience 50% faster when defending. Requires Horses. Upgrades to Cavalry.

---

So, this is basically the anti-Ethiopia, with an emphasis on combined-arms and pragmatic use of stabby things. Whatcha think? =]

You are a clever man, shaglio.

Yay. There's a consensus against me. Is that because I'm Israeli or because i only realize how stupid I sound after I click on the submit reply, though.....

Spoiler :
also, ouch. Talk about trolls...

England split II

Spoiler :
Leader: Victoria
UA: Pax Britannica*
City states you pledge to :c5strength: protect do are not angered by trespassing** units. Naval units have a combat bonus against barbarians and in CS territory per each pledge of protection you have made. Some buildings have additional attributes if built in :c5occupied: occupied***\non-occupied cities****.

UU: Ship of the line
Replaces frigate. Slightly stronger(26 :c5strength:, 30 :c5rangedstrength:), and has a bonus against cities (33%).

UNW: East India House
Replaces the east India company. In addition to other functions, it provides 2 :c5production: production per each incoming :trade: trade route, and spawns a governor general*****. Unlocked at economics.

*if that makes you feel any better, replace it with informal empire. It also works.
**i get the feeling its a spelling mistake.
***Factory: internal :trade: trade routes will provide 50% more :c5production: production, military academy: grants a 20% foreign lands bonus.
****Seaports: trade routes to and from the city yield 2 :c5production: production(4 :c5production: for both cities if internal)
*****may only have one at a time. May build an east India house, that provides 1 :c5production: production and :c5gold: gold per each resource in the city(and has the yields of a manufacture).(sorry for spelling)

Spoiler :
Churchill
UA: Blood, swat and tears.
Upon the outbreak of a :c5war: war, receive a unique infantry unit(dependent on the era) that comes with all bonuses* of the melee units you own, and disband at the end of the war. If your city is attacked by an air unit, it contributes :c5production: towards an air unit of the appropriate type. :c5influence: Gifting units increases CS HP.

UU: Spitfire
Replaces fighter. Has an interception bonus(33%), and may :c5moves: operate\move 2 tiles further.

UU: Special forces
Replaces parachute(airborne). Comes at combined arms, and provides 75% more :c5influence: influence if gifted to a city state. and may move after attacking or attack after parachuting.

*bonuses: bonus vs. Mounted, may move after attacking, ignores terrain cost, etc.

Alternate elements
Spoiler :
UU: Commando
Replaces marine. In addition to the attributes of the marine, the commando may move after attacking or disembarking and has 1 extra :c5moves: move.

UU:George V class
Replaces the battleship. Has a bonus vs. Naval units(33%), and receives 50% more :c5strength: combat strength from flanking bonuses.

If anybody(still) wants to give feedback, ill shut up and listen.

We are not against you Natan (at least I'm not), but some of your responses are a bit weird, and sometimes seem unrelated to the topic at hand.

But if anyone is against you, it is not because you are Israeli.

Also, thank you for reminding me of the Archive. I may continue working on it today (came back from Easter holiday yesterday).

Natan, it's not so much an anti-you view from this website, but rather a "what the hell" view.

Ea...easter?
Easter and Passover have very similar names in Hebrew. Apparently, those holidays are also celebrated in the same time....
in the united states of dilphowalrusia in the civfanatic zoo in the former british colonies we simply say wat, not what the hell..,
Pls no pls not again pls

In terms of your Churchill concept, I find the UA interesting given that (as JFD's civ indicates) people tend to consider the navy and Air Force when thinking of Churchill and The United Kingdom's contribution to the Second World War. Not to say it's a bad idea - just interesting - I wonder if the UA could be retooled to provide infantry units from allied city states or puppets (to indicate the level of support from the Empire's colonies)

I also find the part of the UA that leads to cities taking less damage from air units strange. I can understand that it is a reference to the Blitz and whatnot - it just seems a bit tacked on - I guess, like it doesn't fit the overall design. Sorry I can't be more helpful than that.

Is there no more interesting possible name for the Unit - I believe Commando is already appropriately taken by the Boers and just seems a little nondescript elsewhere. The bonus in foreign lands doesn't seem to fit the rest of the design as the Spitfire and passive seem geared to make Churchill a defensive turtle (which is an apt, if bizzare image), whilst the foreign lands bonus seems to encourage aggressive play.

I hope this helps, just my opinions on the matter.

I do think an Atlee civ would be quite interesting in terms of an England split - an often criminally underrated prime minister, who doesn't seem to be considered as much as Churchill in these matters.

In terms of your Churchill concept, I find the UA interesting given that (as JFD's civ indicates) people tend to consider the navy and Air Force when thinking of Churchill and England's contribution to the Second World War. Not to say it's a bad idea - just interesting - I wonder if the UA could be retooled to provide infantry units from allied city states or puppets (to indicate the level of support from the Empire's colonies)

I also find the part of the UA that leads to cities taking less damage from air units strange. I can understand that it is a reference to the Blitz and whatnot - it just seems a bit tacked on - I guess, like it doesn't fit the overall design. Sorry I can't be more helpful than that.

Is there no more interesting possible name for the Unit - I believe Commando is already appropriately taken by the Boers and just seems a little nondescript elsewhere. The bonus in foreign lands doesn't seem to fit the rest of the design as the Spitfire and passive seem geared to make Churchill a defensive turtle (which is an apt, if bizzare image), whilst the foreign lands bonus seems to encourage aggressive play.

I hope this helps, just my opinions on the matter.

I do think an Atlee civ would be quite interesting in terms of an England split - an often criminally underrated prime minister, who doesn't seem to be considered as much as Churchill in these matters.

I wanted Churchill to be an aggressive turtle. About the names... there is. I will make some changes.

Ea...easter?
Easter and Passover have very similar names in Hebrew. Apparently, those holidays are also celebrated in the same time....

Easter is the celebration of Christ's death and resurrection. It is celebrated around Passover since the Passion took place during Passover. That is most likely why they have similar names in Hebrew (they are similar in Norwegian as well: Påske (Easter) and Pesach (Passover)).

Word robbers....
(Its the same as in Hebrew)

Both share the same name in Portuguese. I think only Germanic languages (and maybe Slavic ones) have different names.

That said, I'll try to get some Lua knowledge so I can start coding better quality mods - and maybe some of your suggestions, Natan and Urdnot_Scott and everyone.

Churchill having an infantry focus makes absolutely 0 sense, the British army was abysmally poor throughout the whole war - our navy was by far the best bit and any churchill civ without this as its main focus doesn't work historically Natan. This is what I mean by 'do more research'

Top Bottom