Civilization Requests

I'd like to see Cornish and Gallic civs since we already have Wales, Ireland, and Scotland; but I just don't know enough about them to provide much in the way of suggestions. However, here's Wiki's take on the Kingdom of Cornwall, and actually I think it might work pretty well to just rename the official Celtic civ as Gaul, along with possibly moving Boudica (even though it's not entirely accurate) to Wales and adding Vercingetorix.

sorry for double post, at first I posted this to the "To Do" thread, but here it is to the correct place:

Greetings from Finland. I played CIV Gold and the upgrade and it was GREAT JOB! just some things I'd wish/like to see:

BURMA/MYANMAR:
The Mon (that is what the people was called in the ancient times, a great south-east asian power that was constantly at war with Siam(Thai), Lao(Laos) Khmer(Cambodia) and even the Vietnamese peoples.

People/Nation: The Mon (Burmese, Burma)
Bagan (Ancient capital with HUNDREDS of temples, a true wonder of the world)
Mandalay (A religious city full of temples and monks)
Rangoon (newer capital, later called Yangon with the new military Junta, now the capital has moved to Naypyidaw, to the middle of the jungle. Rangoon is where the Shwedagon Paya was built!!!)
Sittwe
Pathein
Pago
Dawei
Magwe
Loikaw
Taunggyi
Sagaing
Hakha
Myitkyina
Mawlamyine
Hpa-an

Unique unit: war elephant of some sorts
Unique building: COlosseum to Paya, a sort of temple. +culture 3 +health 2 etc etc

"The Mon people are thought to be the earliest group to migrate into the lower Ayeyarwady valley, and by the mid-900s BC were dominant in southern Burma.[29] The Mons became one of the first in South East Asia to embrace Theravada Buddhism."

You can use wikipedia to copy paste some information or ask me to write something if you are going to put this IMPORTANT civilization in..

LAO, LAOS:

Lao
Cities:
Vientiane
Louangphrabang
Louang Namtha
Xam Nua
Ban Nape
Muang Khammouan
Savannakhet
Salawan
Pakxe
Xiangkhoan
Phongsali

ESTONIA

Estonians

Tallinn (home of many knightly orders, danish or otherwise, one of the most fortified cities of medieval europe/baltics, capital city of Estonia)
Tartu
Narva
Kohtla-Järve
Pärnu
Viljandi
Rakvere
SIllamäe
Maardu
Kuressaare

Due to Tallinn location, this civilization was of outmost importance to medieval Europe and still exists today. Would be a shame to omit it from the GOld mod..

Special building could be improved fortifications, castle etc or a church. Providing defense to cities.
SPecial unit medieval infantry etc.

---------------------

The Swiss???
you are missing Switzerland :p
----------------

Some more ideas, although not really civs, but neither are many of the things already inside the mod:

The Templars (Knights Templar, a medieval "international" european knightly order that was richer than any country in the world at it's time. Vast lands, armies and many many castles and fortifications from Spain, mid europe to Holy Land. Took part in the Re-Conquista etc etc until banished by traitorous popes and kings. Check WIKIPEDIA for 1st and last Grand Master to put as leader. KT was directly under Pope of Rome, but the Grand Master had the final say.

Starting with founder Hugues de Payens.
The last Grand Master was Jacques de Molay, burned at the stake in Paris in 1314 by order of King Philip IV.

cities = major fortifications
unit = Templar Knight (indeed Templar Knights were so feared by the saracens that many times they were executed en-masse after battle if defeated, even if other prisoners would be let go under some circumstances. No templar was let to live.)
Building = Castle/walls coin revenue, culture, defense

----------------

VATICAN ?

----------

Also I would like if someone took the trouble to make a better Moztezuma I, warrior priest god king of the Aztec. Preferably with the huge green feathery headgear, he was a king and a noble, not a savage as firaxis put him. Industrious / Financial

-----------------------------

About the Finnish / Finland civilization in the game, it is great but you could add one leader: (C.G.E.) Mannerheim / Carl Gustaf (Emil) MANNERHEIM. Industrious / Protective or Industrious / Aggressive. Otherwise the civ is great, just that it has only modern cities... You could add Tavastia and Olavinlinna.

Thank you so much, send private messages if you need more information / are unable to find something from WIKIPEDIA.org..

Greatly appreciated.

Simo / Finland

How about the Tamils and the Cantonese? Both would be very useful in balancing the Earth maps.

What about King Solomon for Israelis? I mean he was one of the more famous kings:king: and he was "The Wisest Man of All Time", so it really would make sense, u know. And why wasn't King David given Aggresive trait?:mad: Any1 who knows anything about his history would know that his reign was filled with wars. He couldn't even build the Temple 'Because his hand were too stained with warfare'. So i think solomon should be given Spiritual and Financial traits. And do it for the vanilla version.:goodjob:

Slavs!

-Slavic Empire, Eastern Europe during the Dark Ages to Early Mid Ages (After that they began to split up culturally)
-Leaders- Wenceslaus I of Bohemia (Better known as Good King Wencelas) Spiritual and Protective? He defeated a few rebellions?
- Mieszko I, Spiritual/Expansive perhaps, he is considered the creator of the Polish state and also introduced Christianity to Poland

- UU, well maybe Raiding Cavalry, as the Slavs were quite effective raiders of the Roman Empire, specifically the East, but the Bulgars and Serbs managed to conquer a lot of the Balkans so perhaps they have a unit that could be used? Raiding Cavalry would replace Horse Archer with extra move and attack

-For the UB I was thinking along the lines of a River Port, replacing harbour, could be built on river towns as well as coastal, the Slavs were great Traders in Russia (before the Vikings conquered them!)
or perhaps they could have the Viking Trading Post and give the Vikings a Longhouse?

-Cities- Novgorod
- Warsaw
- Cracow
- Beograd
- Sofia
- Burgas
- Varna
- Stara Zagora
- Pleven
- Dryanovo

And I would like to suggest merging the Maori with the Polynesians
I am from NZ and the Maori are pretty much the same as the Polynesians culturally
Perhaps add Maui as a leader for them too?

Feel free to comment on either please!:goodjob:

Edit: I also agree with NZK, Solomon should really be in for Israel and perhaps David Ben-Gurion? He was the first prime minister of Israel and was quite influential. He was also a Zionist and was very aggresive in expanding Israels borders from what I remember so perhaps Aggressive/Philosophical?

Slavs doesn't make sense.

Mieszko was a Polish hero, not a proto-Polish/Slavic hero. Besides, at that time, the slavs have diversified so much that at different parts of the tree, it was farther apart than the Franks and Scandinavians.

If you go through with the idea, than you will have to choose one of the numerous ancient Polish (if you can call them that) leaders, that are all simply legends from the times of the Polish city states.

But I completely disagree with the idea though. We have no clue how distant or close the slavic tribes were. It could be like making a civ called Germanic's or Mongoloids or something.

I say, it is a better idea to put most of pre 1000's slavic history as Poland, Bohemia and Hungary, We can also add Novgorad, Muscovy and the Kievan Rus, to reflect early eastern Slavic history as Russia doesn't as well.

Hmmm... I suppose so...

I was just going for the idea that the Slavs were a dominant force in Eastern Europe for a long time...

I think you could still keep Wenceslaus as a leader if you made them as he was the "Apostle to the Slavs" So perhaps another leader like Symeon of Bulgaria or someone like that? and th Slavs were very close culturally when they first arrived in Europe and in the Early Mid Ages so perhaps a civ from that time? Otherwise I'm OK with your idea! But with the Viking UB seriously, change to longhouse? I think it more suits the Vikings aggressive nature, it was more the people they conqueredthat were traders...

Also,

Francia/Frankia? Frankish Empire, Franks

Leaders- Clovis Aggressive and Spiritual
and perhaps Charlemagne in the non Bts versions? I think he was more Frankish than HRE

UU- Thats an easy one! Paladin Replace Knight, stronger attack?
or perhaps the Fransisca Heerban? These Throwing Axemen were quite prominent in early Frankish History?

UB- Thats a bit harder, perhaps a Gothic Cathedral of some kind? Maybe others can think of a better idea?

Cities, Aachen
Tournai
Cambrai
Soissons
Rennes
Nantes
Tours
Herstal
Le Mans
Orleans
Poitiers

PS Hungary was Magyars not Slavs and I didn't mean to offend anyone sorry!:(

Perhaps you could have also the Bulgars and Serbs as a pre-1000 Slav civ too

Also Tamerlanre or Ogidei as Mongol Leaders and William I as an English or perhaps a Norman leader?

OK that all from me!

Serbia and Bulgaria are already in, which is why I didn't comment. Magyars are not ethnically slavic, but they are Western Slavic in culture and might as well be called slavs.

I do not want to see some unified Slavic empire in the game. It would be as stupid as Native America, or Germanics, or Africans or something. But I don't play CIVGold, I use it more as a modding tool so hehe. :p (I can not play with that many civs, seems to unrealistic.)

Yeah Okay, I see your point!:) I'll give up then! :lol:

I guess that was just a vestage of my Civ3 games with not enough space for all those civs! And I agree bout the too many thing! Myself I don't really like the idea of the modern ones like Brazil, Aussie and NZ (even though thats me home!) I reckon it kinda ruins the feel playing against Sumeria or something and having Australia come up... No offence jntended to the creators though! Keep up the good work!:cool:

What about my leaders ideas? Any ideas? I realize Tamerlane is probably for the Timurids no?

Also perhaps the Sassanids? The normal Persians seem to be focused on the Achemaenids?

Sassanid Empire

Leaders- Khosrau II Emperor when the Empire was at it's height, conquered much of the ER Empire
Prob Imperialistic and Expansive?
Ardashir I Founder of the Sassanid Empire and defeated the Parthians also reorganised the Empire establishing a entral government and establishing state sponsorship of Zoroastrianism
So Organised/Aggressive or maybe Organised/Spritual?

UU- Persian Cataphract? or maybe Clibanarii? Would replace Horse Archer or Knight?

UB- ? Perhaps someone could suggest one?

Cities- Ctesiphon but don't know any others... Anyone know any?

Perhaps they would be too close to the Persians but the Parthians are in so who know? If not perhaps one or two Sassanid Leaders for the Persians?

Well, we have made a concerted effort to get more female LHs in the pack - Makeda added to Yemen, Joan of Arc added to France, Theodora added to the Byzantines, Margarete added to Denmark, Cleopatra added to Egypt, Amanishabheto added to Nubia, and Trung added to Vietnam. Not to mention adding New Zealand with Clark as the sole leader.

That's not too shabby.

We have some coming ideas that will add more female leaders.

Well, copied from the thread:

UU:

Diggers: WWI infantry named thus for their ability in entrenching and defending, so perhaps a hills bonus

NZ Lav III: Modern era Light armoured, anti-personal vehicle. Can reach speed of 109km/h so perhaps a movement bonus and anti-infantry.

UB:

Something to do with intensive farming (bonus to food output and commerce) (represents 1900-1980s),

A 'Shore Station' (Bonus to coastal production) Whaling and Sealing) could also be good (represents pre 1800s-1850s.

Nature Reserve (bonus to health and happiness - Represents 1960s-today)

NZ doesn't really have anything too distinctive as a generic ever present building archetype.

If you ever integrated with total realism and needed Great units and stuff I could probably help there as well :p

Sorry bout the double post but,

Since NZ is in then perhaps you should consider David Lange as a leader? And for the UU perhaps consider the ANZAC as a unit? I realise its also Australian but I think it could work quite well for us kiwis as I think IMO it would better suit us anyway!;) Perhaps something like the Diggers could work too or maybe like an Aid Worker or something? We do a lot of work helping the Pacific nations. For ANZAC either a Rifleman or Infantry replacement. For the UB I agree with the Nature Reserve idea, or maybe a Dairy Farm? A Wind Farm could also work.

Perhaps the Crimean Khanate could be a civ? I wouldn't mind seeing Barbarossa for the HRE. Perhaps El Cid for Spain or Trajan or Constantine for Rome.

Why don't we expand into Iberia?

We can have:

Aragon
Catalonia
Basque (if not included already)
Granada
Galicia
Leon
Navarra
Andalucia
and perhaps a Separate Castille.

Hmm that sounds like good idea, but perhaps Leon should be Castille-Leon because they were united for most of their existence. Though Leon may work as a separate civ because Castille was quite similar to Vanilla Spain

Hi everyone,

Sorry for my absence. Lot of good ideas there and I can see the Anglo-Saxons being added at some point. Not sure about another Middle Eastern power as we have plenty of those now. Not out of the question, though.

Empires from some areas can be tricky because of the way Firaxis originally grouped Spain, France, India, Japan and China, etc. Of course, that's not a stopper - just a consideration.

Caribs (native American Caribbean people)
Leader: I dunno
Cities: Probably gonna have to resort to naming individual islands as cities. Dominica should be the capital though.

If you want to put the Caribs in then you could maybe use some ideas from Civ Army's Caribs from civ 3

Leader- Jaureybo
UU- Kalipuna
UB- ?
Cities- Karie
Tarquba bay
Yarra
Airpo
Charuma
Tacarib bay
Guanapo
Makeripe
Talparo
Guatoapajaro
Siparia
Palmiste
Aruaca
Carapanchima
Guayaguayare
Matelot
Irois
Caroni
Tabaquite
Paria
Oropuche
Turure
Navet
Maruga
Tacarigua
Cuesa
Guatauro point
Mayaro
Igneri
Vega de Tani
Hayuya
Utuado
Bakairi
Nahuquas
Kalipuna
Yaio
Nepuyo
Chaima
Warao,
Carinepogoto
Garini
Cassava
Maize
Cacao
Tobacco
Fauna
Manicou
Agouti

'Course I expect you would have to ask him first but thats just my suggestion...

Quebec!

Vive le Quebec!

Quebec City
Montreal
Gaitineau
Sherbrooke
Saguenay
Trois-Rivières
Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu
Riviere-du-Loop (moved up in importance due to Timeline-191 ie Turtledove)
Drummondville
Grandby
Shawinigan
Saint-Hyacinthe
Victoriaville
Sorel-Tracy
Rimouski
Joliette
Rouyn-Noranda
Salaberry-de-Valleyfield
Alma
Val-d'Or
Saint-Georges

Leaders: Jacques Cartier (EXP, FIN) - Pierre Trudeau (ORG - CHR)

UB: Hunting Lodge (Replaces Granary. +1 :) from fur)
UU: Fur Trapper (Replaces Musket, Starts with Woodsman I)

Top Bottom