Civilization: The Imperium OffTopicum Edition

Caesar of Bread

No explanation needed.
Alrighty, guys!

I have created games like this before, so get ready...

Civilization: The Imperium OffTopicum Edition!

You use or create a historical civilization and stand the test of time! Totally not ripping off Sid Meyer (please don't kill me, Sid. I've been a nice boy.)
We will be on an Earth map. Ouch. And using this thread or conversation via me!
Instead of being actually smart, I am creating a point system for the different types of victories.
Here they are:
Domination
Science
Religion
Culture
Diplomacy
Economy
Survival (no points needed)

And don't worry, there WILL be revolutions, natural disasters, royal family crises, city-states, debt, and more!!!

seems cool?

Note: If you are joining, put down your nation, leader, bonus, unique unit, and unique wonder ( the infrastructure thing I may be taking away)

People who have joined so far.
Spoiler Danwar: Rome - Augustus Caesar :

Nation: Rome
Leader: Augustus
Bonus: City of Marble: 25% Production bonus toward all buildings already present in the ✩Capital.
UU: Legion. Strong, front-line land unit replacing the Swordsman. Only the Romans may build it. This Unit has a higher 🛡Combat Strength as well as the ability to build roads and forts.
UW: Roman Forum. Gives 1 🟡Gold per turn for every owned city, and 1😀Happiness for every owned ✩Original Capital, including your own.

Spoiler Hellenism Salesman: Brazil - Pedro II :

Nation: Brazil
Leader: Pedro II
Bonus: Nature's Splendor: +1 Gold from improved resources. Receive two copies of every improved Luxury Resource. +25% Tourism from National Parks and Seaside Resorts.
UU: Dreadnought. Stronger, more expensive Battleship. Extra Combat Strength against earlier naval units.
UW: Christ the Redeemer. Can be included in National Parks and doubles the Tourism for that National Park.

Spoiler Henri Christophe: Haiti - Henri Christophe :

Nation: Haiti
Leader: Henri Christophe
Bonus: Slave Revolt: All cities that lost loyalty become Haitian allies
UU: Voodoo Priest: Heals units more per turn and makes the enemy have 0.5x attacking strength (1/2).
UW: La Citadelle Lafèrriere: Can only be built on hills. Defensive bonus for any unit on it (2x)

Spoiler Zaarin: Phoenicia - Hiram II (of Tyre) :

Nation: Phoenicia
Leader: Hiram II of Tyre
Bonus: Thalassocracy: Naval trade routes grant +1 Gold and +1 Culture for every luxury resource improved in the city of origin; naval units gain +1 movement.
UU: Bireme: Higher combat strength, faster, and prevents nearby naval Traders from being plundered.
UW: Cothon: Grants an extra city attack (with walls) and boosts the production of naval units and Settlers.

Spoiler fy00sh: Garamantes - Djalla :

Civ: Garamantes
Leader: Djalla
Bonus: Oasis Metropoles - Oases provide standard adjacency bonuses to all specialty districts. Farms can be built on flat desert tiles (and desert hills at [relevant tech]) with fresh water access, including oases. Farms built in the desert provide +1 food and +1 production.
UU: Javelin Rider - Ranged light cavalry unit that can move after attacking. Range 2, stronger combat strength than the archer.
UW: Foggara - One per city. Must be built on desert hills. Counts as an oasis. Each oasis in this city provides +2 production, +1 science, and +1 culture, with these bonuses doubling at 10 population.

Spoiler Edmund Ironsides: England - Edmund Ironsides :

Nation: Anglo-Saxons (English)
Leader: Edmund Ironside (of course)
Bonus: The Last King - Units beginning their movement in a City Centre or Encampment District have +2 Movement. Builds Campus districts in half the time. Ancient Walls grant +1 Gold and +1 Production.
UU: Huscarl - Gains +5 Combat Strength when fighting in or adjacent to its home territory.
UW: Moot Hall - Like the Monument which it replaces, the Moot Hall grants +2 culture output. In addition, it provides +1 happiness and is 50% less costly to produce.

Spoiler Bonysduck Campansing: Afghanistan - Ahmad Shah Durrani :

Nation: Afghanistan
Leader: Ahmad Shah Durrani
Bonus: Graveyard of Empires - Enemy units cannot heal in Afghan territory. Caravans can not be plundered while in Afghan territory.
UU: Jezailchi - Replaces the Rifleman. Has both ranged and melee attacks. No movement cost for hill terrain.
UW: Minaret of Jam - Provides +5 faith and +5 culture. Religious units are 50% cheaper to purchase.

Spoiler NinjaCow64 (formerly in the game, now has left): Huns - Atilla :

Nation: The Huns
Leader: Attila
Bonus: Scourge of God - Increases speed of destruction of cities, economic points from destroying cities
UU: Horse Archer. Replaces relevant cavalry unit, has ranged attack (or longer range), more damage, and speed.
UW: (Destruction of the) Arch of Constantine. Doubles effect of Scourge of God.

Spoiler Aiken_Drumm: Cichlids - Julido Chromis :

Nation: Cichlids (tanganyikan)
Leader: Julido Chromis
Bonus: Coastal Fisherfolk - Any coastal (lake or ocean) territories produce +1 culture
UU: Pirate- Gains +5 Combat Strength when fighting in or adjacent to its lake or coastal territory, receives gold on success
UW: Chromis Screw - Like (Archimedes' screw), the Chromis Screw allows irrigation on any city tile, and the benefits from this.

Spoiler Crezth: Russia - Catherine the Great :

Nation: Russia
Leader: Catherine the Great
Bonus: Oprichnina - Cities with Governors gain extra happiness, loyalty, and unit growth.
UU: Streltsy - Has a ranged attack with increased range. Low cost, but low armor and defense. Always produces 2 units for the cost of 1.
UW: Red Square - All cities with a trade route to the capital gain happiness and loyalty.

Techs -
Culture

Spoiler Culture :

Ancient Era:
Level I - Oral Tradition
- Must have 5 culture points
Classical Era:
Level II - Bards
- Must have 10 culture points
- Must have 5 science points
Level III - Epics
- Must have won 2 battles
- Must have 25 culture points
Early Modern/Renaissance:
Level IV - Theater
- Must have 40 culture points
- Must have 25 science points
Level V - Classical Music
- Must have 60 culture points
Industrial Era:
Level VI - Novels
- Must have 70 culture points
Modern Era:
Level VII - Jazz
- Must have 80 culture points
- Must have participated in 1 war
Atomic Era:
Level VIII - Television
- Must have at least 2 Great People throughout history
- Must have 90 culture points
Level IX - Rock
- Must have 100 culture points
- Must have 50 military points

Sea, Sky, Space
Spoiler Sea, Sky, Space :

Ancient Era:
Level I - Sailing (gives you a galley):
- Must be on the coast
Level II - Navigation (Phoenician UU, all units can embark):
- Must have Level I
- Must have Astrology
Classical Era:
Level III - Sea Warfare (Quadrieme)
- Must have all levels before
- Must have 20 science points
None for the medieval era
Early Modern Era:
Level IV - Armadas (Frigate, Privateer)
- Must have 40 science points and 30 military points
Industrial Era:
Level V - Industrial Navies (Ironclad)
Level VI - Airplanes (Biplane)
- Must have 60 science points
Modern Era:
Level VII - Modern Warfare: Sea and Air (Submarines, Battleships, Bombers, Brazil UU)
- Must have 70 military points and 70 science points
Atomic Era:
Level VIII - Naval Developments (Aircraft Carrier, Nuclear Submarine)
- Must have 100 science points
Level IX - Space Race (spaceship, you can land on moon now)
Information Era
Level X - Exoplanet Tech (you have won science victory. This MUST be your last tech)
- Must have 150 science points

Inventions and Innovations (in a rush to get all techs in by 9 PM!)
Spoiler Inventions and Innovations :

Ancient Era:
Level I - Wheel (Chariots)
Level II - Cities (you can now do city development if you wish to do so, Roman UW)
- Must have 15 science points
- Must have at least 5 points in all other categories
Classical Era:
Level III - Architecture (Huna UW, Anglo-Saxon UW)
- Must have 20 science points
- Must have 10 culture points
Medieval Era:
Level IV - Forts and Castles (Haitian UW)
- Must have 30 military points
- Must have 25 science points
Skip Early Modern Era
Industrial Era:
Level V - Industrial Economy:
- Must have 100 gold
- Must have 50 science points
Level VI - Transistor:
- Must have 70 science
Skip Modern Era
Atomic Era:
Level VII - Computers
- Must have 100 science
- Must have 150 gold
Information Era:
Level VIII - Phones
- Must have 120 science

Beliefs (optional)
Spoiler Beliefs :

Ancient Era:
Level I - Astrology
Must have 5 faith points
Must have 5 science points
Level II - Myths
Must have 10 faith points
Level III - Religion (Apostle can be gained)
Must have all before
Must have 25 faith points
Medieval Era:
Level IV - Theology (Missionary can be gained)
Must have 50 faith points
Must have won 1 battle
Early Modern/Renaissance
Level V - Religious Orders (can spread religions across continents seperated by bodies of water)
Must have 75 faith points
At least 2 nations practice your belief

Agricultural Sciences
Spoiler Agriculture :

Ancient Era:
Level I - Animal Husbandry
- Must have 3 science points
Level II - Irrigation
- Must be near a source of water
- Must have Level I
Classical Era:
Level III - Farms
- Must have at least 2 cities
Medieval Era:
Level IV - Feudalism (sorry)
- Must have 30 science points and 5 military points
You don't need anything for the Early Modern Era
Industrial Era:
Level V - Industrialized Farming
- Must have 50 science points
- Must have industrial-era tech
Nothing for Modern Era
Atomic Era:
Level VI - Lawnmower
- Must have 75 science points.

War (what is it good for? absolutely nothing!)
Spoiler War :

Ancient Era:
Level I - Combat (Warrior, Slinger, Archer, Huns UU - you can now destroy a nation)
- Must have 5 military points
Classical Era:
Level II - Organized Military (Roman UU, Battalion, Swordsman)
- Must have 15 military points and 5 science points
Level III - Tactics (Axeman, Spear-thrower, Raider)
- Must have 20 military points
- Must have won 1 battle
Medieval Era:
Level IV - Shining Armor (Knights, Trebuchet, Cavalry, Anglo-Saxon UU)
- Must have 25 military points
- Must have won 2 battles
Early Modern Era:
Level V - Balls Of Fire (Cannons, Riflemen, Afghan UU)
- Must have 40 military points
Industrial Era:
Level VI - Industrial Warfare (Line Infantry, Guerrilla Soldier)
- Must have 60 military points
- Must have won 5 battles.
Modern Era:
Level VII - Militaristic War (Tanks, Machine Gun Nests, Trench Soldiers, Paris Guns)
- Must have 75 military points
- Must have won 2 wars.
skip Atomic Era
Information Era:
Level VIII - Modern Warfare (Drones, Automatic Rifles)
- Must have 100 military points

Last edited:
Bonus: City of Marble: 25% Production bonus toward all buildings already present in the ✩Capital.
UU: Legion. Strong, front-line land unit replacing the Swordsman. Only the Romans may build it. This Unit has a higher 🛡Combat Strength as well as the ability to build roads and forts.
UW: Roman Forum. Gives 1 🟡Gold per turn for every owned city, and 1😀Happiness for every owned ✩Original Capital, including your own.

Last edited:
Unique Wonder?

Unique Wonder?
Good question. I thought it was either you had a Unique Unit OR a Unique Wonder, hence why I didn't add one. You should make that more clear in the OP.

With that established: will this game use the global Happiness Civ 5 uses, Amenities and Loyalty like Civ 6 uses, or something else entirely? And do Unique Wonders have to be built or start prebuilt in the capital?

Good question. I thought it was either you had a Unique Unit OR a Unique Wonder, hence why I didn't add one. You should make that more clear in the OP.

With that established: will this game use the global Happiness Civ 5 uses, Amenities and Loyalty like Civ 6 uses, or something else entirely? And do Unique Wonders have to be built or start prebuilt in the capital?
Could you tell me how happiness works in civ5? I am thinking of a happiness ranking between -10 and 10. When it crosses -5, the people revolt. I think you have to build unique wonders (in any city, but just one [unless it says more]).

Could you tell me how happiness works in civ5? I am thinking of a happiness ranking between -10 and 10. When it crosses -5, the people revolt. I think you have to build unique wonders (in any city, but just one [unless it says more]).
This should explain the basics. In Civ 5, it can go arbitrarily low or high depending on your situation, but penalties get more and more severe the more negative your happiness is, while positive happiness only generates Golden Age points.

I personally would reccomend a more local city happiness system, but you're the GM.

This should explain the basics. In Civ 5, it can go arbitrarily low or high depending on your situation, but penalties get more and more severe the more negative your happiness is, while positive happiness only generates Golden Age points.

I personally would reccomend a more local city happiness system, but you're the GM.
Thanks. Unique Wonder?

I'd hope for more players, so...

The deadline is February 16 at 9 PM, Central Time.

Nation: Brazil
Leader: Pedro II
Bonus: Nature's Splendor: +1 Gold from improved resources. Receive two copies of every improved Luxury Resource. +25% Tourism from National Parks and Seaside Resorts.
UU: Dreadnought. Stronger, more expensive Battleship. Extra Combat Strength against earlier naval units.
UW: Christ the Redeemer. Can be included in National Parks and doubles the Tourism for that National Park.

Bonus: Slave revolt! all cities who lost loyality become Haitian cities
UU: Voodoo Priest, it's make your friendly unit heal more per turn and make the enemy 20% less atk.
UW: La Citadelle Lafèrriere. Can only be build on hills

Bonus: Slave revolt! all cities who lost loyality become Haitian cities
UU: Voodoo Priest, it's make your friendly unit heal more per turn and make the enemy 20% less atk.
UW: La Citadelle Lafèrriere. Can only be build on hills
Question: Does La Citadelle Laferriere have any special ability?

How to win each victory type:
Domination - take over the world. If not, have the most amount of military points by the end of the game.
Science - launch a colony to an exoplanet. If not, have the highest amount of science points by the end.
Religion - make sure that everyone follows your religion. If not, have the most religious points by the end.
Culture - Reach 300 culture points (by tourism and great works). If not, have the most culture points by the end.
Diplomacy - Everyone joins your alliance. If not, have the most diplomacy points by the end.
Economy - Reach 300 economy points and maintain so for 2 turns. If not, have the most economy points by the end.
Survival - Survive until the end.

Domination - take over the world. If not, have the most amount of military points by the end of the game.
I will try this kind of victory! :ar15:

But I guess I will strugle in beginning because my start location is just a small island. I guess I need to search navegation early on

I will try this kind of victory! :ar15:

But I guess I will strugle in beginning because my start location is just a small island. I guess I need to search navegation early on
That reminds me that I need to somehow create a tech tree.
Doing navigation would be a good strategy at the start for an island country like Haiti.

Also, a question: is it okay if I nerf your bonus? The whole "every city that rebels join Haiti" may seem a bit too overpowered.

Last edited:
Top Bottom