1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilization V: The Mobile Game!

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by NeverMind, Jun 29, 2011.

1. stlh2opolo

stlh2opolo Chieftain

Probably not an iPhone, but playing this on an iPad... ohhhhhhhh man that'd be great :crazyeye: :D

2. bhavv

bhavv Glorious World Dictator

I just purchased Civrev for my Lumia 800, its a fantastic mobile game for a couple of quid.

My phone has a 1400 Mhz single core CPU and 512 Mb ram, while the latest androids have 1.2 Ghz dual cores and 1 gb ram. I'm not sure on the graphics, but other games I have are very nice and modern looking, the GPU has to at least be as good as a DX8 era one to pull of what I'm seeing.

And my first ever gaming PC was an Athlon 1400 Mhz, 512 mb ram, geforce 3, which is now what I seem to have only mobile :)

Graphically current high end cell phones are capable of running very decent looking games, they just need to be optimised for the touch screen. I paid for Civrev, monopoly, mastermind and plants vs zombies on mine, all of them look very decent for phone games with the latest version of monopoly having the best graphics.

3. gladoscc

gladoscc Warlord

Can anyone tell me how much of the tech tree is cut down?

4. gladoscc

gladoscc Warlord

You can! Just get VNC, run Civ V on your home computer with large buttons on.. Civ V on ipad works quite well :)

5. strhopper

strhopper Okie

I thought you can only use that while connected to your home network besides this isn't what we are looking for.

I'd hate to see what kind of lag is involved using a remote desktop on a cellular network.

We all want a mobile civ 5 for iOS and android

6. wujinlong

wujinlong Chieftain

This is game java moblie you can play in nokia , Motorola ( ios & android not in 2013 - 2014 ? )
    Sid Meier's Civilization V The Mobile Game

The phenomenal strategy simulation for PC comes to mobile! Lead one of 20 historic civilizations from the Stone Age to the Space Age. Build cities and wonders to spread your culture, negotiate relations with neighbors or lead your army to subdue them. Guide the development of new technologies to increase production, be a just ruler or an absolute dictator, and unlock ever more devastating weapons. Choose from various goals, like world domination or being the first to colonize the stars.

"The same content & spirit of the PC game with a vast selection of units, buildings and technologies.
    Lead one of 20 historic civilizations through 7 eras of time.
    Negotiate for resources or forge military alliances with some of history’s most cunning rulers.
    Wage epic wars using deep strategy mechanics and change the course of history.
    Engage in 2 game modes: World Conquest and Free Play.
    Guide the development of your nation’s technology, culture, government, trade and diplomacy."

7. Gort

Gort Emperor

Given that the thread has been raised from the dead:

Is there a good Civilisation game for Android?

8. wujinlong

wujinlong Chieftain

compatible List nokia mobile
    S40 Versions:
    LG:
    LG KP500
    SAMSUNG:
    F480
    S5330, Wave 2 Pro

9. wujinlong

wujinlong Chieftain

Sid Meier's ( firaxis 2kgame ) and nokia mobile are Cooperation. not for iOS and android ?

10. wujinlong

wujinlong Chieftain

really , stlh2opolo you playing civ5 on an iPad...
    I want to know all information.
    This is a joke today ?

11. CivOasis

CivOasis Ahuizotl

He hasn't been on CFC since late November, and this thread had been dead since April.
    That being said, he said it would be nice to, not that it was nice to.
    In other words, no, he wasn't playing on an iPad.