Civilization V: Who/What Am I?

I guess Hermi is busy [emoji5]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To be fair, the 5th guess wasn't out yet:

Gunboat Diplomacy?

What Sedwick said. Also I had to rejudge my planned clue 3 to give you the best shot at guessing this.
This is the last clue I could possibly think of.

Clue 1: Whether on the east or west side of that landmark, I am risky.
Clue 2: I do not tell of things truthfully clear, and that is characteristic; I am frantic, excited aver, though I am an nihilistic.

Hint 2.5: Clue 2 should have been Clue 1. Clue 1 could have ended with"But the west side is definitely preferable to proximity to the east. Every word used in the clues is meaningful.
Clue 3: Praise the Sun! Shield them from Heaven! I am an asset to you, illustrious king.

England? The Prime Meridian came to mind...

Gunboat Diplomacy is not to the East or West of anything. No wonder is risky in way that relates to its relation to a landmark, same goes for Protestantism that there is no peculiar landmark that discriminates its risk, but Justification is definitely not nihilistic either. Compasses aren't an nihilistic. Philosophy is not frantic and is not situated in relation to any landmark. Pyramids aren't risky - they're one of the best buildings there is. The Prime Meridian is not excited.
Navigation is not nihilistic. Berlin does not tell anything.

Oracle and Protestantism are the closest to the trail, Protestantism because I almost had to admit it did match all the clues (at the time), but still none are on it.

Someone can still save this round. It's the final chance.

Chichen Itza

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Berlin was a reference to the Berlin Wall, and the risky attempts to cross the border there (prior to reunification). Pyramids were an extreme risk at the time they were built (a huge drain in resources), and are a risk to the player building them as well. Neither of those are the right answers, though, so somebody else will have to guess. :)

Well in college they said for courses related with mathematics: if you don't know the answer guess either zero, one or pi.

Zero? :crazyeye:

I believe that construction of a puzzle also means making sure that no other answer is correct. Where alternatives satisfy the clues, I have failed as a riddler.

This was quite an experience, I have read a lot about puzzle construction and even personally know someone who makes riddles for pay. But performance is not the same as knowledge, no indeed.

Arright, it's time to reveal the answer. :hammer:

Clue 1:

Brandenburg v. Ohio is a landmark case of American law in which the decision reversed the prior ruling that severely curtailed an individual's freedom to pronounce things which disrupt civil order as merely legalistically interpreted by the state. The judge of the reversed ruling pronounced the well-known fire-in-a-crowded-theatre aphorism in his non-binding dictum , which began an unsettling period of law which , relatively quickly, corrected itself.

To the "East" of this landmark case, one goes before the situation where shouting of danger to cause a stir would be quite dangerous to oneself, or any kind of incitement of riot or panic or dissent. To the "West", you are after the event, you still aren't in good shape pronouncing fire in a crowded theare, but you've got more protections via the "imminent lawless action" principle. (Of course, neither apply when there really is fire in the theatre.)

The answer is, "Friend, I believe I may have found a way to save us all! Look, look and accept my offering!" I also would have accepted TXT_KEY_LEADER_PACAL_TRADEREQUEST_HAPPY or "Pacal asking you for trade or tribute"

Clue 2 affirms it does not tell of things truthfully clear, which Pacal's descriptions of a doom to foreigners who know not the Long Count would seem. Vagueness is not clarity; heck, afaict Pacal was not a doomsayer in reality. But Pacal did happen to make up a BS story about his divine parentage to give himself some pull as king, which makes his dramatics characteristic. And the line is delivered with excitement and frenzy, purports to inform you of something, but also acknowledges an annihilating doom.

I decided to make the grammatical error in clue 2 as a forward gift. Air quotes on 'east' and 'west' I thought would defeat the puzzle of the metaphor.

And finally, clue 3. Pacal means Sun Shield. The delivery of the words is trying to shield you from the wrath (or unfeeling destruction, morelike) of the heavens. And the kind of thing my answer is with respect to the game is literally a game asset. Pacal is addressed in the Dawn of Man page with "Illustrious king" when you are asked to stand the test of time.

And I put a dramatic reference to final destination in my last post in hopes to prime someone for the insight.

The closest answer was Brandenburg Gate, for what my opinion is worth. :king:

Carry on, gentlemen.

Top Bottom