Civilization VI announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Source.

:cry: I want to mod this...

Now, Now. They might talking about ideal classical republic where Sparta, Persia, Carthage and every sort of neighboring tribes and states don't exist... You know, imagine what would be like if Roman Republic started at St. Helena.

Ideal up to eleven.

So... Olmecs confirmed as not being a civilization. :sad:

People in this forum know how to fix it...

Now, Now. They might talking about ideal classical republic where Rome, Sparta, Persia, Carthage and every sort of neighboring tribes and states don't exist...

Ftfy. I'm guessing they're thinking of Greece/Athens, hence the Great People bonuses, but I just... I just... republic =/= democracy (case in point: USA :p).

Can't wait to see what they do with monarchy. Actually, I can...

Oh well, something to look forward to fixing :D Papacy plox.

Source.

:cry: I want to mod this...
Coming Soon:

JFD's Exploration Expanded Expounded Extirpated Cities Developed Rising To Pius Monarchical Soveriegn Diversified Power for Sid Meier's Civilization 6

Features:
  • 65 new leaders, each with custom leaderscenes for diplomatic interactions dependant on the player's current diplomatic relationship with matching diplomacy text
    • Allied
    • Encouraged
    • Discouraged
    • Distrustful
    • Enemies
  • 40 New buildings with main-map models appropriate to their correct city districts
  • 6 new City District types, with cutom map-tile animations
  • 537 new units with icons, animations, and glyphs1
  • 5 new Government types to use2, all much better than any Ed Beach could ever make
  • 47 new technologies and civics all of which require one of the new forms of Monarchy to unlock or use, because why not ?

Credits:
  • Leaderscenes, Icons, Building Models, Glyphs, Unit Animations, Map Terrain Models by JanBoruta3

1Don't ask, no else knows what 'glyphs' are either
2Monarchy Improved, Monarchy Expanded, Monarchy Monarchized, Monarchy Supreme, and Monarchy With Chips
3Jan, wait, Jan! Where are you going ? I thought we had an agreement! Jan! Wait...........

Wew, lad. You forgot to mention that Monarchy With Chips is actually going to be Monarchy With Chips And Mayonnaise.

Also, only 65 civs? "How dare you? Do you believe me to be weak-willed?"

But... custom distracts? Hah. "Most moddable game ever, let's compensate by adding features that demands skills far beyond the average modder."

Just noticed something at least interesting: in the video we can clearly see China's capital is Xian, and the rest of the list randomized, but still Qin. In an article, however, they said it was Beijing, and the second city Shanghai, in the right order. Could this hint once again at multiple leaders?

Just noticed something at least interesting: in the video we can clearly see China's capital is Xian, and the rest of the list randomized, but still Qin. In an article, however, they said it was Beijing, and the second city Shanghai, in the right order. Could this hint once again at multiple leaders?

I prefer to be more cynical and think either writer or pre-released video do something that other party didn't know about.

Most likely scenario in my head :
Writer A : "What is China's capital in Civ 6?"
Writer B : "Oh, come on! They won't change it from Beijing, even it is wrong."
Writer A : "...Yeah, you're right"

Wasn't it suggested that following the capital the city names for each Civ are randomly drawn from a pool? So as England following London I could theoretically found Manchester, Birmingham - or Milton Keynes, presumably with weighting based on how important the city is. May have just been rumours on le Reddit though - all information seems to be blurring together for me :crazyeye:

I'd start throwing money at the screen as soon as they announced the Mapuche as an honest to goodness official civ.

Also, no more excuses to not have Australia as a base game civilization too.

JFD's Exploration Expanded Expounded Extirpated Cities Developed Rising To Pius Monarchical Soveriegn Diversified Power for Sid Meier's Civilization 6 4k Full HD GOTY Prepare To Die Special Remastered Doesn't Run On Mac Edition Version 46

ftfy

I'm not as opposed to the governments proposed at launch - we'll have to see how it works out - but such simplistic approach will need changing one way or another. :p Also I do hope that the late game governments - democracy, communism and fascism (glad they finally called them by their proper names) - are not limited to only those three, and previous forms of government can persist. I would be very surprised if a modern version of (constitutional) monarchy wasn't choosable.

JFD, just please don't go overboard with dozens of changes and new mechanics in the beginning of that government mod, I know you could easily do it. xD

Knowing Firaxis, there's chance Australia civ will be lead by Julia Gillard. :rolleyes:

I... I have no words...

Wasn't MP mods confirmed for Civ 5? :p

ftfy

I'm not as opposed to the governments proposed at launch - we'll have to see how it works out - but such simplistic approach will need changing one way or another. :p Also I do hope that the late game governments - democracy, communism and fascism (glad they finally called them by their proper names) - are not limited to only those three, and previous forms of government can persist. I would be very surprised if a modern version of (constitutional) monarchy wasn't choosable.

If it's anything like Civ IV, government choices will be a historical progression; 'upgrading' along the path that historical politics took - which takes away much of the 'what if' about the game, which obviously I can't stand for :p. Constitutional monarchies, boiled down to their essentials, are glorified (ceremonious, in some cases) democracies nowadays (and therefore not definitionally monarchies), so I'm not opposed to these three choices, but this only applies to the West, really (e.g. the constitutional sultan of malaysia basically gave himself absolute power in the constitution, IIRC :lol:). I won't go overboard, but I'd like to make them more universally balanced. That, and... well, okay, I'm going to enjoy modding this game :p

Spoiler :

Hm, from 4.16, Brazil or some other South American civs strongly hinted at? As well as other usually sparse regions. Araucania and Patagonia confirmed?

Don't forget about official canals, or well, at least for the America civilization! (Well, that's what the civ-dev strongly hinted towards...)

Does that also mean we would get more African civs, since their continent is usually pretty empty Civ-wise in (unmodded) AI-only's as well! (as with the South-America-example)

Don't forget about official canals, or well, at least for the America civilization! (Well, that's what the civ-dev strongly hinted towards...)

Does that also mean we would get more African civs, since their continent is usually pretty empty Civ-wise in (unmodded) AI-only's as well! (as with the South-America-example)

They've surely noticed the demand for Kongo :D

If it's anything like Civ IV, government choices will be a historical progression; 'upgrading' along the path that historical politics took - which takes away much of the 'what if' about the game, which obviously I can't stand for :p.

Which strikes me as a bit odd, and just goes to show how little Civ 4 I played -- I always remember playing Civ 3 with my brother, and I'd never bother changing my government from Monarchy once I got it. (He always went for Democracy, though...) So I'm a bit surprised that they went ahead and forced you to "upgrade" your government in the later game.

Oh well, here's hoping that I can make fun futuristic government types. Who needs monarchy when you're cybernetic? :p

If more Africa-based civs means no more Shaka, I'd be all for that.

I doubt the Zulu will be in Civ 6 since, in Quill18's video, he mentions that all the civs will have new leaders. Unless somebody knows of another viable Zulu leader than Shaka (please no Shakala! :cringe: ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom