Civilization VI announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much excitement. and it was a hoax. Hearts broken! Thing is, E3 hasn't happened yet, so no wonder it wasn't real.

That trailer had me so excited for multiple reasons - it seemed to suggest that Hungary would be in, that there was a possibility of multiple leaders and the fact that the leaderscreens wouldn't be too far away from what they are currently.

We live in eternal hope ;_;

I didn't see the "fake" trailer, never will. So enjoy your false hopes.

I wonder where they got all the footage from?

Firaxis' facebook page announced no stream from Quill today. Brace for gameplay vids in a couple days.

Who else could be there though? Marbozir is a no-brainer, but who else plays Civ 5 on youtube and is a big name? Someone from Yogscast (for which I couldn't care less), someone else still?

Firaxis' facebook page announced no stream from Quill today. Brace for gameplay vids in a couple days.

Who else could be there though? Marbozir is a no-brainer, but who else plays Civ 5 on youtube and is a big name? Someone from Yogscast (for which I couldn't care less), someone else still?

Maddjinn is always there. WritingBull got a preview copy for BE before, and I think a guy called SolarGamer or something too

I'm not sure that ideologies will be in. By the sounds of it, Governments will take the CIV path of historical linearity when it comes to what systems they represent, ending in the government equivalents of the ideologies - democracy (freedom, ugh), communism (order), fascism (autocracy). But the inconsistency makes my political scientist blood boil :p At least there is now assurance - pending moddability - that I will be doing more than just civs for Civ VI.

RtP2; Electric Boogaloo confirmed? :lol:

Though I do hope that they manage to make the government and civic mechanics as interesting as they should be, I'm pretty sure that these things will require a modder's touch to provide the desired depth.

I'm not sure that ideologies will be in. By the sounds of it, Governments will take the CIV path of historical linearity when it comes to what systems they represent, ending in the government equivalents of the ideologies - democracy (freedom, ugh), communism (order), fascism (autocracy). But the inconsistency makes my political scientist blood boil :p At least there is now assurance - pending moddability - that I will be doing more than just civs for Civ VI.

Firaxis probably think that's enough complexity for player with casual knowledge of politic system. But I would love to see the mod that represent prominent hybrid of those ideologies.

It's weird when you think of ideal democracy as represented in Civilization, that make more money and culture while people have no power against head of state at all. :crazyeye:

From what I've suppositionally gleaned so far from the videos it appears that Firaxis made a veer back more toward the Civ4 Civic system of benefits/sacrifices instead of the Civ5 system of all benefits all the time combined perhaps with the previous generations' 'Government' systems. But of course until we get our hands on the game itself.....

I just wish for a game that supposedly has modding as a key element of the game-experience Firaxis would show a bit'o'love for mod-makers instead of always let's-play-ers. If nothing else, usable information about how to mod would be nice....instead of forcing everyone to intuit everything for the first X weeks/months after release as far as modding goes.

Governments we'll probably need to implement: Anarchist (counter-intuitive...), Corporatocracy (modern/near-future neoliberalism), Theocracy (maybe?), and probably a few others...

Absolutely, I'm pretty hype for future civics as well.

Classical Republic
Bonus: more amenities and more great persons
Military slots: 0
Economic slots: 2
Diplomatic slots: 1
Wild Card slots: 1

For example, the republic has no military slot...

Source.

:cry: I want to mod this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom